MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CGS pcb's and more coming
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author CGS pcb's and more coming
Kwote
well i know i've mentioned various times of my plans to build a lot of CGS stuff. first phase of plan: collect all wanted pcb's, is going smoothly.

so here's some pics(some kinda shitty) of what i got so far.

the CGS13 is such a beauty i almost hate to put her behind a panel love
Luka
nice! i had a pile of cgs boards about that big in my backlog, they are all done now. smile

hmm i think ill need a pulse divider soon once, perhaps it is time to buy some more boards hehe
Roycie Roller
Nice! Is the pink one the VCO? What version did you get? Mine's 0.4. -it's a great look.
Originally my plan was to build CGS modules in frac, but recently i've seen some incredible examples of suitcase systems, one in particular was similar to the 200e fold-out case.
So now i'm thinking of making all the jacks bananas, and use the more esoteric pcb's to try somewhere for Serge-like function.

What are the pcb's you're going to build?
I'm thinking-
Burst gen
Gate seq
CV mega-mixer
Analog Logic
CV Cluster
Infinite Melody
Saw/Pitch shift
Wave multiply
2xVC0
Harrys morph
Wavefolda
XOR XNOR Logic
Analog Switch
Bi-n-Tic
Weighted Random
Utility, psycho & super psycho Lfo
Digital noise
Rounded out with Fritz Double-dekka, Haible Tau Pipe, and a few other bits i can't think of right now.
Muff Wiggler
i have a few CGS PCBs for you still Kwote, I promise I'll get off my ass and ship them soon... sorry for the delays...
Luka
that is a cool idea RR
i wouldnt mind making an crazy logic box

you should add some modulo magic to your list btw
Roycie Roller
Yes, modulo magic for sure! smile
I expect this to take at least a year to build!
Has anyone had any luck with paper & glue on aluminium for the panels? I imagine the results vary considerably with the types of glue.

btw Luka, thanks for the link to the 258.
Have you seen the Buchla schematics at-

http://www.till.com

They're in the Electronic Music Articles section under 'Analog Synthesizer Resources', have a look round there, under Magnus' Buchla Page.
wetterberg
http://rubidium.dyndns.org/~magnus/synths/companies/buchla/
parasitk
Roycie Roller wrote:

They're in the Electronic Music Articles section under 'Analog Synthesizer Resources', have a look round there, under Magnus' Buchla Page.

wetterberg wrote:

Sweet, has anyone around here tackled any of these?
neandrewthal
Awesome Kwote, just be careful with those solder pads. They are a lot more fragile than the boards you(and I) are used to working on and I've found they like to peel off if you fuck with them too much.

I would post pics of mine, but I'm too lazy. I'm sitting on about $400 worth of CGS PCB's right now, plus ginormous Klee, Tellun and Juergen stuff.

P.S. don't worry about the Gated Comp PCB. Once you have it mounted up with it's 9 LED's blinking away, you won't miss it love
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:
Nice! Is the pink one the VCO?

it's actually more of a orangish color and it's the Super Psycho.

i'm planning on building basically all of them. except of course what's not available and i don't have any interest in the pedal to module converters.

not sure which ones i'll have multiples of but i plan to atleast have one of everything. obviously from the pics i posted you can see i do have multiples of some. the dc mixers especially at only 3 bucks a pop how can you go wrong?!! smile

i will get 3 VCO's. i'm thinking for everything else no more than 2 should suffice.
parasitk
neandrewthal wrote:
I would post pics of mine, but I'm too lazy. I'm sitting on about $400 worth of CGS PCB's right now, plus ginormous Klee, Tellun and Juergen stuff.

Well I'll gladly make the sacrifice and take that Klee off of your hands to ah... help you out! Smash!
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i have a few CGS PCBs for you still Kwote, I promise I'll get off my ass and ship them soon... sorry for the delays...

no problemo senor. i'll continue waiting patiently and add pics of them to this thread upon arrival.
Kwote
neandrewthal wrote:
Awesome Kwote, just be careful with those solder pads. They are a lot more fragile than the boards you(and I) are used to working on and I've found they like to peel off if you fuck with them too much.

P.S. don't worry about the Gated Comp PCB. Once you have it mounted up with it's 9 LED's blinking away, you won't miss it love

solid. i'll have similar backlog soon enough.

i almost want to make a yellow panel to match the pcb but i doubt i will. sexy fantasy though love
Roycie Roller
This is where clear panels would be f'n INCREDIBLE!!!
Kwote
one thing i was kinda worried about before was how to know where to solder the jumpers. i know they're needed but Ken never mentions them in the build description.

but as usual staring at a big picture of something helps me think.

below i have circled what i believe to be the placement of the jumpers. correct me if i'm wrong please.

Liquidcolor
Yes, those are jumpers. You missed one top right next to the cap.

I put these in first before the diodes or resistors. I use solid core wire and a lead bender is great for a clean look.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
Yes, those are jumpers. You missed one top right next to the cap.

I put these in first before the diodes or resistors. I use solid core wire and a lead bender is great for a clean look.

cool. thanks.

i wasn't trying to circle em all actually. just point out a couple for peace of mind.

solid core wire? i heard you can use the leads of components once snipped off. guess doing em first might not be an option with that method.
neandrewthal
Liquidcolor wrote:
You missed one top right next to the cap.

So did you wink
Liquidcolor
"i heard you can use the leads of components once snipped off. guess doing em first might not be an option with that method."

Yes, you can use the trimmed leads though you might have a problem with some of the longer jumpers.

"So did you"

Yep.
Luka
parasitk wrote:
Roycie Roller wrote:

wetterberg wrote:

Sweet, has anyone around here tackled any of these?

hey you know i think im going to leave the buchla258 for now. it is meant to sound great but there are some cool DIY vcos hitting the pcbs soon, most note worthy is the thru0vco. so i might hang for that.

the other buchla modules that i am currently planning to try get onto perf board are the Dual Math Programmer one (not exact name) and also the VC Quadraphonic panning one with joysticks. Seems easy enough.

back on topic with CGS

im really keen to get the modulo magic
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1