MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Veils
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Veils
MossGarden
https://instagram.com/p/BFmkKPrPFGH/

A new quad VCA/Mixer, fairly compact and looks to have LED meters for each VCA

Rockin' Banana! [/list]
Dogma
looks to be a sequential switch too
Luap
Dogma wrote:
looks to be a sequential switch too

How comes? I thought mixer maybe but not a switch?
Anyway, im not sure if this is a bit of a leak, as there is nothing on the MI site about it yet. There is definitely more coming from MI very soon tho thumbs up
bobbcorr
It's going to have to be more than a quad VCA/mixer. That's been done and quite well in 8HP by ALM (Tangle Quartet).
Matos
Mutable always gets my blood flowing. Good to see more utilities from the master.
Funky40
when i patch a VCA, i do need in most cases to have a offset knob too.
i´m a bit amazed to see the love for all those devices which have no offset knob "plus" attenuator for the incoming CV.
all those multi channel VCA/mixers..........

its stepping back in my opinion, not ahead.
modular lives from exactly that freedom AND wiggliness to play the offset against the CV and vise versa.

onedimensionality ? seriously, i just don't get it
mypetrobot
Looks like the jacks on the right side are normalled to make sub mixes of sorts. Patching out of one takes all unpatched VCAs above into a mix?
Luap
Funky40 wrote:
when i patch a VCA, i do need in most cases to have a offset knob too.
i´m a bit amazed to see the love for all those devices which have no offset knob "plus" attenuator for the incoming CV.
all those multi channel VCA/mixers..........

its stepping back in my opinion, not ahead.
modular lives from exactly that freedom AND wiggliness to play the offset against the CV and vise versa.

onedimensionality ? seriously, i just don't get it

Come on.. How can you take a dump on it already? The full specs are not known yet.
Outtatune
Expensive version of the Fonitronik Cascade?
Zymos
I read on their site that he sent a few mystery modules for people who own either Rings or Elements to test.
I don't think this is that though....
Tunatoboggan
Needs more pink and blue
limpmeat
Outtatune wrote:
Expensive version of the Fonitronik Cascade?

Fonitronik cascade has no VCAs.
cane creek
bobbcorr wrote:
It's going to have to be more than a quad VCA/mixer. That's been done and quite well in 8HP by ALM (Tangle Quartet).

Maybe the difference is it might beat the ALM on price ?
wiggler81929
This looks not much different from Shades, except that it has one more channel. Functionally, is it any different? It even has a similar name; Shades, Veils.
bobbcorr
cane creek wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:

Maybe the difference is it might beat the ALM on price ?

The last thing Olivier would do is release a product whose only distinguishing quality was its price. IMO.
JozeyWhales
The faithful 2164 cool
NekoNeko
I look forward to seeing what more it can do than just be a vca. This is a mutable module after all.. Hidden braids mode thumbs up
noisejockey
Super interesting. Yes, the Hex VCA and the Tangle Quartet have the same general idea in 2 less HP. Panel graphics makes it look like it cascades towards output 4 unless interrupted, which is well-trodden ground (not a criticism, necessarily).

But look at us, niggling over plus/minus 2hp. Following this thread and looking forward to more offical announcements.
exper
NekoNeko wrote:
I look forward to seeing what more it can do than just be a vca. This is a mutable module after all.. Hidden braids mode thumbs up

I seriously doubt there are any hidden modes here. After all this is part of the utility modules Olivier mentioned to round out a full MI system. What this does seem to offer though is cascaded outputs, so that you could mix 2x 2-1 or 3-1 + 1.
bobbcorr
noisejockey wrote:
But look at us, niggling over plus/minus 2hp. Following this thread and looking forward to more offical announcements.

Absolutely. I feel spoiled by his and all the other manufacturers' collective genius.
kwaidan
While I would hardly call Kinks an innovative module, it is a good "bang for the bucks." In addition, ALM's neither invented nor cornered the market on a quad VCA.

If MI can keep the cost down, Veils could be very desirable, especially since more four note, polyphonic modules are being introduced.
Hovercraft
Zymos wrote:
I read on their site that he sent a few mystery modules for people who own either Rings or Elements to test.

That must be the 68HP Elements Expander.
Nofrenchtests
Zymos wrote:

Source? As an owner of Rings I'm very curious.
Matos
Source would be mutable's own forum
Ya-Neck
As I understood Veils is no new module. When I met Olivier last January in Lausanne, he already had that module in his case. If I remember correctly he told me it was an old design that didn't make it to manufacturing . I guess he just kept it in his little system to have vcas.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8