MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Build a MIDI Sprout
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Build a MIDI Sprout
alka
For anyone interesting in building a MIDI Sprout, friends over at Data Garden have released the build notes and schematic on their forum: http://support.midisprout.com/index.php?topic=8.0

What is a MIDI Sprout? "Two probes send out a small electrical charge from a battery and when attached to a leaf of a plant, the MIDI Sprout measures the plant's resistance to this current. When applied to a human this is called the galvanic skin response (GSR). GSR readings provide insight into humans' inner emotional states and are the basis of simple lie detector circuits.

The MIDI Sprout converts these fluctuations into MIDI notes and controls that can be read by synthesizers and computers. This information can be scaled and played through synthesizers or used to activate pre-programmed sonic environments."
unrecordings
Wow - coincidence
I've been having a whale of a time this afternoon with my newly arrived EEG and an MFOS voltage controlled echo
alka
unrecordings wrote:
Wow - coincidence
I've been having a whale of a time this afternoon with my newly arrived EEG and an MFOS voltage controlled echo

fun stuff
Lento_Zoom
Finally got this bread boarded and working this morning. Had a hard time finding a .0042uF capacitor for the timing cap, so I went with a .0047. Seems to be working good! Didn't play any music my self all weekend, just listened to the house plants! Building this your self is really simple and pretty cheap.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1