MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

3x MIA – Mixer – Inverter – Attenuator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author 3x MIA – Mixer – Inverter – Attenuator
igorrr
dkbax wrote:
Available in UK anytime?
DIY?

Not yet. Now I have only several modules ready made. Full production will start in a couple of weeks.
Footkerchief
igorrr wrote:
LEDs will not give precise information anyway, and DC shifting is so straightforward - turn to the “+” side and it moves up, turn to the “-” side and it moves down.

LEDs don't have to be precise. It's good enough to give a general idea of output strength and polarity, which can be super unpredictable if you're polarizing and mixing e.g. two complex LFOs.

It's not just me, look how many people talk about the lack of LEDs on the Intellijel Triatt and Circuit Abby Invy:
https://www.google.com/search?q=triatt+OR+invy+leds+site%3Awww.muffwig gler.com
igorrr
I’m going to make bipolar version of the LED meter, so it can be used to see CVs in much more details.
As for the 3x MIA – it is not jumping from the panel look, but it is already 6 potentiometers, 9 jacks and two switches in there. It is almost a challenge to fit leds there as it is already 4-layer pcb used to route everything.
moofi
Gonna go for two lol
The possibility to group mixers is brilliant. Btw does a channel´s AB-output still ouput when it´s being grouped with it´s subsequent channel?

Regarding the LED, sure it would be pleasant to have a bicolor indicator at the left bottom corner next to every knob, still can understand if there´s not enough space PCB-wise to do it.
igorrr
moofi wrote:
The possibility to group mixers is brilliant. Btw does a channel´s AB-output still ouput when it´s being grouped with it´s subsequent channel?

Yes, you do not lose individual outputs no matter how they chained. This give some more options for complex routing.
Paranormal Patroler
I'm hooked! Had been thinking about the best way to go about mixer/attenuation/offset but this module is great. I'll end up with 3!

You're in the Ukraine? So I guess we can buy directly in Europe?!?
igorrr
Was able to add polarity leds in there, so now the module will look like this:

As I have some 3xMIAs left of no-led type – they can be bought with big discount, please contact me who is interested in them.
Paranormal Patroler
igorrr wrote:

As I have some 3xMIAs left of no-led type – they can be bought with big discount, please contact me who is interested in them.

This is an amazing opportunity you guys! I went for three; it was too good to miss. Should be here any day now, I will report as soon as I have them. hyper hyper
enj_music
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
igorrr wrote:

This is an amazing opportunity you guys! I went for three; it was too good to miss. Should be here any day now, I will report as soon as I have them. hyper hyper

That's awesome! Especially considering you weren't sure if you'd be able to earlier!

What stores in the US will be carrying the MIA?
Footkerchief
That's awesome!

(although, not to nitpick, but this would be the first module I've seen that uses red for positive and green for negative)
enj_music
Footkerchief wrote:
That's awesome!

(although, not to nitpick, but this would be the first module I've seen that uses red for positive and green for negative)

I don't think there's too much of a standard here in Eurorack - the Ultra Random Analog uses green for positive and blue for negative in some places and red for positive and blue for negative in other places, the Tool-Box uses red for negative I believe, SISM is red positive blue negative... the list goes on
igorrr
enj_music wrote:

That's awesome! Especially considering you weren't sure if you'd be able to earlier!
What stores in the US will be carrying the MIA?

Yes, it was not quite easy and took intense week to fit everything right.
Analogue Haven confirmed they are ordering them. Next week I should get test pcbs and after that production may start – so it is like end of July for 3xMIAs to be available.
As for the leds colors – it is not a problem at all, can make any color if green for “+” and blue for “-” is more usual.
moofi
Very good news Igor, very well done thumbs up

I wouldn´t care too much about the colours as the positive LED is at the right and the negative one at the left.

Personally I´d find the combination of red + blue pretty sexy w00t lol
geremyf
Can someone update modular grid? I also vote red and blue btw, but it's no big deal as it will be going next to my green and red umod.
Paranormal Patroler
geremyf wrote:
Can someone update modular grid? I also vote red and blue btw, but it's no big deal as it will be going next to my green and red umod.

Should be two different modules as there are some of us with the non-led version as well. Probably different mA requirements as well. thumbs up
pugix
I like this design. The LEDs made the deal for me. I assume the LEDs indicate the A+B output of each channel, meaning that only one is lit at any time. Wondering if you considered using just one bi-color LED, as on the M.I. Shades.
igorrr
Yes, LEDs indicate AB outputs. Two LEDs in this application are more convenient, as they placed on the + and – sides and DC swing is clearly displayed. For audio range signals they appear to be lit both at a time – in case it is not DC shifted all the way to one direction.
Paranormal Patroler
I plugged mine yesterday and I can attest that this has been one of the best purchases I've had in all my modular years. The modules feel excellent, the functionality is outstanding even though the concept has been done to death I think Igor has nailed it.

Couldn't be happier!

The only downside is that it's a tad difficult to nail the 0 attenuation spot with no detent but who cares?!? I have an O'Tool to see what I'm doing!

Igor, you have an absolute winner here. Congratulations ! thumbs up
ben_hex
I plugged mine yesterday and I can attest that this has been one of the best purchases I've had in all my modular years. The modules feel excellent, the functionality is outstanding even though the concept has been done to death I think Igor has nailed it.

Couldn't be happier!

The only downside is that it's a tad difficult to nail the 0 attenuation spot with no detent but who cares?!? I have an O'Tool to see what I'm doing!

Great news!
atrostor

Couldn't be happier!

Olivier from Mutable Instruments was talking in the Blinds thread about how the detent is hard to calibrate for in an analog module. I guess it would be pretty much impossible to cram in an option to switch between attenuation and attenuversion, given how tiny this module is.

Any final word on when this hits the retailers?
Paranormal Patroler
atrostor wrote:

Couldn't be happier!

Olivier from Mutable Instruments was talking in the Blinds thread about how the detent is hard to calibrate for in an analog module. I guess it would be pretty much impossible to cram in an option to switch between attenuation and attenuversion, given how tiny this module is.

I can imagine. It took me a bit to get to the 0 point without the detent, so it would probably be a pain to get this right for all modules. The nice thing about the 3xMIA module is that it's extremely versatile with the options available: if you're hard pressed to attenuate the signal to 0 you can always pass the output from the second A/B input and get it to 0 with ease. Love it!
igorrr
Quote:

ASAP I hope. I just need some time to get test LED versions done and after that full productions will start.
hawkfuzz
Exciting stuff.
sihiL
Got mine, and I love it. I have a small system and I can coax so much more interesting stuff out of it with this module. I especially like the mixing being switched instead of normaled, so that I can get the mix of 6 inputs AND two different modulations from the jacks above! Really great for making unipolar things bipolar as well.

Also, it's not too hard to zero it into total attenuation or a 0V offset. Seems close enough to the center indicated by the graphics as well. Even though the pots are concentric, they absolutely do not affect each other when wiggling, which I thought might become a problem.
Natsche
Also got mine (one without led) this morning.
The pots feel great, really good job on that Igorrr. It's really the attenuverter of my dream.
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Do you consider making a triple vca with the same design ? A signal input, a cv input. One knob for the bias, the other for the CV amount, for example.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 2 of 11