MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet StonZ VC Phase Shifter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet StonZ VC Phase Shifter
fracmonkey
Blacet sent out a post last week saying they were out of these.

They are looking for a small number of orders (25) in order to finance the ordering of PCBs, front panels. There is a 30 day time frame for ordering -- ends 5-23. Otherwise, everyone gets a refund and the module gets put on manufacturing hold for the immediate future.

This was a good selling module for years but the economy has come down hard on some non essential modules and sales of this were apparently pretty slow.

This might be the last chance to get one of these and they are pretty cheap at $126 for the kit.

On a happier note, the BZ will be back in stock in about a month.
Kent
In the interest of full-disclosure, do you work for Blacet in any capacity including the volunteering of time for beta-testing? To my eyes your posts indicate as much. I'd just like to know and let it be known.

I'm not on a witch-hunt. I just like clarity and context.
Muff Wiggler
if he works for Blacet or not, I think it's really good for the forum to have a heads-up about this!

The Stonz is a fucking amazing phaser. You frac guys who don't have one are missing out big time if you don't pick this up.

When it's discontinued and going for $400 on eBay you'll be falling all over yourselves to get one.
Kent
hihi Got one! Selling it though. Just ain't my thing. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Cat-A-Tonic
The Stonz has to compete with the Synthasonic (MFOS).
I'm sure the 2 sound quite different, but how many phasers does one need?
smoo
The StonZ is really great. If offers more than others and provides two really diffrent sounds (pos./neg.). I would never sell mine.
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
if he works for Blacet or not, I think it's really good for the forum to have a heads-up about this!

The Stonz is a fucking amazing phaser. You frac guys who don't have one are missing out big time if you don't pick this up.

When it's discontinued and going for $400 on eBay you'll be falling all over yourselves to get one.

Sadly I sold mine this year. I'm not really sure where to go from here with phaser sounds. Probably won't let it eat me til 2011 though.

Wish I got $400 for it. oops
Babaluma
Kwote wrote:
Sadly I sold mine this year. I'm not really sure where to go from here with phaser sounds.

synthasonic/mfos ftw 8_)
Kwote
Babaluma wrote:
Kwote wrote:
Sadly I sold mine this year. I'm not really sure where to go from here with phaser sounds.

synthasonic/mfos ftw 8_)

Definitely a consideration. 8_)
K9Mike
I've always planned to get one of these 'someday'. Looks like someday is now or never. I was going to ask if these are a must have Blacet module, but it already sounds like those that have one pretty much love it.

This is going to be a very subjective question, but how does it compare with other VC phasers around (Sythasonic is the only other frac phaser that comes to mind), so I suppose one must include other formats and outboard phasers (Roland, Moog, Cwejman, Doepfer, etc) for comparison as well. I'm thinking since the Stonz is based on a small stone (4 stage), that it would be much milder sounding than the others mentioned which have 8-14 stages. Or perhaps comparisons is pointless as is comparing filters of different designs... none better or worse... just different sounding.

Arg.. I hate having to decide under duress.

- Mike
Babaluma
i way prefer the sound of the synthasonic to the blacet.
fracmonkey
StonZ: It's been discontinued. I got a full refund.
xart
fracmonkey wrote:
StonZ: It's been discontinued. I got a full refund.

They have them in stock at AH. thumbs up

http://www.analoguehaven.com/blacet/stonz2440/

RIP FRAC. waah

viva thee EURO revolution! thumbs up

viva thee MU revolution! thumbs up
http://www.krisp1.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&p roducts_id=70
sines
I love the StonZ Phaser but I may sell mine because... I have a Systech phaser pedal and a hard-to-find [and for that matter, service] ADR AutoPhase [that needs some TLC].

Still, in Frac, nothing comes close.
mono-poly
+odd i might be interested when you sell it.
I love phasers.
sines
will PM ya. I will miss it but seriously.. as you know I have too many other outboard modulation devices that do that sorta thing. treating my 5u of TT patchpoints as a giant modular anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to still noodle like crazy.
Veiled
I have one that I am trying to off load. But unfortunatley I do not have 50 posts. But I am legit! and I will sell it for 70$. I assembled it myself and have use/build manual. It is a good phase shifter, but i don't have the room.

www.myspace.com/radiofreejakarta
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1