MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New module: MMM Voltage Controlled Dual LFO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Author New module: MMM Voltage Controlled Dual LFO
mmm
I'm really happy with this one.

Dual LFO like my standard Dual LFO only Voltage controlled!

Min Cycle time at -5V CV= 2.5 hours.

Max is 1.416 Khz. That's the top end, it won't go faster.

Tracking for audio use?: I doubt it's that accurate and that wasn't in my design criteria.

I posted the specs in my WIKI:
http://mmm.sevcom.com/wiki/index.php/Voltage_Controlled_Dual_Low_Frequ ency_Oscillator

All specs are derived from the bread board and the PCB has been designed and ordered with expected arrival Tuesday, Quatro de Mayo

Actually, that's Star Wars day.."May the 4th be with you"
sorry razz

If the PCB's work, I'll put up the DIY board for sale.

I still have to make up the wiring kit info etc, etc. but, that will be done before then.

Mattson Mini Modular
sandyb
at the risk of sounding boring and predictable:

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!

thumbs up
mmm
The boards came in. I built the first one and it worked great. thumbs up

For grins, I took the triangle output of LFO 1 and patched it into the CV input for LFO 2.

Then, I took the triangle output of LFO 2 and patched it into the CV input of LFO 1.

Now, I had the triangle output of each of them controlling the speed of the other one. help

The universe did not implode we're not worthy

However, I took the pulse output of LFO 2 and sent it to the External clock input of my Sample and hold. I continued the chain and sent the Sample clock output to an EG driving a VCA

I had the Sample and hold in Track and hold mode sampling its own triangle oscillator at about 10 hz. The S/H output was driving the Mod input to 3 VCO's in a voice chain to the VCA.

I set the EG with a fast attack, a quick decay to about a 25% sustain level with about a 1 second release. When the LFO 2 square went high, it sampled and held the S/H Oscillator and sent that as a steady state CV to the VCO's. When it dropped out, the S/H tracked the S/H triangle and warbled out of earshot as the release died out.

I just had a great hour of craziness Rockin' Banana! Dead Banana

I have 8 more boards

Anybody interested in a sale?
sandyb
i'll take 2
mmm
sandyb wrote:
i'll take 2

OK,

I'll offer them the same as before. If I get 10 orders, I'll be able to order a bunch of the nicer boards with silkscreens and solder mask but, I'm going to move the initial boards first.

VLF-B: Assembled, tested board only= $80.95

VLF-K: Voltage Controlled Dual LFO Kit with Assembled/tested board, WK-16 wire kit and power cable of choice:
$105.95

I can fit up to 4 boards/kits in a Priority mail flat-rate box:
US shipping = $ 4.95
Elsewhere= $13.50

Again, this is a MW only sale and you'll have to paypal me directly. Rather than use my cart. Actually, it's not in the cart yet huh?
(I have a couple of administrative housekeeping chores I have to do.)

Paypal account is mattsonminimodular(AT)comcast(DOT)net

I should be able to build and ship these quickly but, if I run short of parts, I'll let you know. I can usually get parts in 3 business days.

This sale will last until midnight PDT on Wednesday May 12, 2010.

Then, we'll think of something else Rockin' Banana!

Mattson Mini Modular
syncretism
When do you reckon a complete module will be available for the dude who just wants to plug one into his sweet-ass MMM laptop, George, and how much will it cost?

I've been waiting for this one. Hours (2.5, to be exact) of abuse and fun!
syncretism
O, wait, duh it is available. Sorry! Yay!
mmm
syncretism wrote:
O, wait, duh it is available. Sorry! Yay!

D'yup. It is indeed. 8_)

The board I put together is running around 65 minutes at -5V CV. I'm comparing values on it to the mess on the bread board to see if it's just a component tolerance thing.

I'll get back to that tonight. Right now I'm stripping an old, beat up Mini Moog case.

Mattson Mini Modular
decaying.sine
Are you offering bare PCBs? What is the cost of those?
mmm
decaying.sine wrote:

As in "unpopulated board" ?

No. That's a hassle.

Well, the board isn't a hassle. Supporting them is. That's why I didn't do kits. I wouldn't be able to keep all of you happy unless I hired someone to manage just that operation.

G
fluxmonkey
mmm wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

No. That's a hassle.

Well, the board isn't a hassle. Supporting them is. That's why I didn't do kits. I wouldn't be able to keep all of you happy unless I hired someone to manage just that operation.

G

i'm an rabid DIYer myself, but i support you on this... it's a TREMENDOUS amount of work to support folks assembling kits or building on bare boards; as you say, easily a full-time job. keep it to what you can sustain, we want you to be around for a long time.

b
mmm
fluxmonkey wrote:
mmm wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

No. That's a hassle.

G

i'm an rabid DIYer myself, but i support you on this... it's a TREMENDOUS amount of work to support folks assembling kits or building on bare boards; as you say, easily a full-time job. keep it to what you can sustain, we want you to be around for a long time.

b

Thanks for understanding.

It's easier to just make them and know when they leave that they worked. At least I know what went in them. Wiring them to the panels of choice and adding some additional tricks or I/O is a relatively fun and gratifying DIY project for a lot of people.
Luka
populated board is great
i wish i find someone to do my wiring too
Adam-V
I find wiring panels up to be rather therapeutic. But then I'm not normal.

The speed at which a project can be completed if the board is already populated is brilliant. Especially if all you need to do is solder one end of ready made cables to their respective panel components. Keep up the good work George!

Cheers,
Adam-V
Waz
Would it be an easy task to mod a reset jack into this?
mmm
Waz wrote:
Would it be an easy task to mod a reset jack into this?

Reset the cycle start?

No, it wouldn't.

On that note, the sale ends tomorrow at midnight PDT.

G
valis
mmm wrote:
Right now I'm stripping an old, beat up Mini Moog case.

Sacrilege!!!
mmm
valis wrote:
mmm wrote:

Sacrilege!!!

No it's not. focus on "beat up"
I'm making it prettier.

I'll post a pic later 8_)

G
slovo
mmm wrote:
valis wrote:
mmm wrote:

Sacrilege!!!

I'm making it prettier.

...what if that's Sun Ra's sweat you're stripping off there!?!?? Or Delia Derbyshire's earwax!??!?!?? ...or Frank Zappa's jizz? woah
valis
Lol. I was kidding. I'm much more of a function over form guy myself. I was picturing a "I'm stripping out an old minimoog, it'll make a great flower pot!"
mmm
slovo wrote:
mmm wrote:
valis wrote:
mmm wrote:

Sacrilege!!!

I'm making it prettier.

...what if that's Sun Ra's sweat you're stripping off there!?!?? Or Delia Derbyshire's earwax!??!?!?? ...or Frank Zappa's jizz? woah

Oh, well. We'll start a new collection of bodily substances for it's future nanners
mmm
OK, that minimoog case is done:

I'm sure the owner will post some pix when he puts it all together.

JohnLRice
slovo wrote:
mmm wrote:
valis wrote:
mmm wrote:

Sacrilege!!!

I'm making it prettier.

I licked it down extensively on many occasions so the only significant residues left was JLR spit! Dinner at the Y Mr. Green
JohnLRice
valis wrote:
Lol. I was kidding. I'm much more of a function over form guy myself. I was picturing a "I'm stripping out an old minimoog, it'll make a great flower pot!"

No worries, it is mine and will again be a MiniMoog! See this thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=223220
Not rebuilt yet but I was too excited to not start a post! hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Page 1 of 1