MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sound research into space with NASA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Sound research into space with NASA
Roland Kuit
Roland Kuit's sonic research:

These sound research examples will be send to space by NASA integrated in the OSIRIS-REx Mission in September 3, 2016.

MISSION TO BENNU
The first U.S. mission to return samples from an asteroid to Earth, addressing multiple NASA Solar System Exploration objectives.

THE MISSION:
The OSIRIS-REx Mission seeks answers to questions that are central to the human experience: Where did we come from? What is our destiny? OSIRIS-REx is going to Bennu, a carbon-rich asteroid that records the earliest history of our Solar System, and will be bringing a piece of it back to Earth. Bennu may contain the molecular precursors to the origin of life and the Earth’s oceans. Bennu is also one of the most potentially hazardous asteroids and has a relatively high probability of impacting the Earth late in the 22nd century. OSIRIS-REx will determine Bennu’s physical and chemical properties, which will be critical for future scientists to know when developing an impact mitigation mission.

OSIRIS-REx is scheduled to launch in September and travel to the asteroid Bennu. The #WeTheExplorers campaign invites the public to take part in this mission by expressing, through art, how the mission’s spirit of exploration is reflected in their own lives. Submitted works of art will be saved on a chip on the spacecraft.

Get your free Earth copy here:
http://soundcloud.com/roland-kuit/sets/wetheexplorers-the-osiris-rex
Astrolabe23
It is purported that the 1969 Apollo 12 mission lander carried a "moon museum" in the form of a small ceramic wafer containing works of art by Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, and others from the 1960's.
Roland Kuit
It shows that art & science belong together.
unrecordings
About 20 or so years ago we did a track called 'Hello, Greetings & Welcome' and on a whim sent a cassette off to NASA so they could 'use it on their next deep space probe'. Six months later I was chuffed to receive a nice letter back from them which was promptly framed and hung in pride of place in the studio...
Roland Kuit
I feel proud and a little ant the same time.
The thought my sound research and music on a self repairing chip planted on an astroid in space is just wow!
Roland Kuit
In the Netherlands is was big news that my music will go up with this space mission by NASA.

2 biggest news papers like
'De Telegraaf' had an interview with me.

4 major Dutch radio stations like NPO Radio 1

And on main station SBS 6 Television prime-time news program Hart van Nederland

On youtube here:
cretaceousear
Roland Kuit wrote:
Submitted works of art will be saved on a chip on the spacecraft.

Cool!
So how does one submit a work of art?
What range of the electromagentic spectrum should one be working in?
unrecordings
Roland Kuit wrote:
In the Netherlands is was big news that my music will go up with this space mission by NASA.

Nice one !
Roland Kuit
At KISS 2016 at the De Montfort University we will have the COUNTDOWN!

Crossing borders

Roland Kuit
My sound research & music has travelled more than 1,273,632,219 million km on board of the NASA mission OSIRIS-REx. This means we are over halfway onwards to the Astroide Bennu. Less than 720 million km to go before my work on chip will be planted on this astroid 's surface:

Roland Kuit
Meanwhile I can enjoy the sight from here:

And you can (free) download my ATLAS V rocket work:

ATLAS V
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1