MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

where to hear live ambient music in SF Bay Area?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author where to hear live ambient music in SF Bay Area?
Turboblast
Doesn't have to be modular but that would be cool too..
There's got to b something?
noisejockey
Today, actually, in San Jose, there is a stage of almost all modular, some ambient, at SubZero. r beny, James Cigler, Rodent, and many others are playing.
Turboblast
Thanks for the update! I'm in the north bay so SJ is painfully far. Let me know if you hear of anything is SF or berkley at some point. Much thanks
horaflora
KoryB
Bump
horaflora
Oops, I didn't realize this posted nothing instead of a link to the Gray Area Theatre, in the mission, SF, which regularly hosts local and international artists to play on the 8 channel surround system, often enough, these performances would easily be termed ambient, though different strains could be found, in general, a very ambient glamour seems to preside.

Playing there as scy1e on Saturday, opening for Jan Jelinek!

http://grayarea.org/event/finite-with-jan-jelinek-david-last-cullen-mi ller-scy1e-and-equilet/
Turboblast
loving this thread...
KoryB
Bump. Keep me posted about Bay Area performances. I'm really wanting to see some experimental/ambient sheet, mang smile
wildfrontiers
I have some performances coming up. I'll be playing at Robotspeak this Saturday, 3pm. Will be a mix of modular and Electribe 2.

I also have a San Jose show in September...date and location TBA, but it will be for my album release party Guinness ftw!

Anyone in San Jose should come check out Binary Society. It is a monthly synth meetup with performances and lectures, though performances have been the focus lately. Most of the performers have been modular people. James Cigler, Ron Millar and Bryce Recordon played the most recent one 2 weeks ago.

It's usually held at AFK Gamer Lounge in downtown San Jose, currently on the last Sunday of each month. Nathan Moody aka noisejockey is on the bill and I highly recommend making it out.
captjrab

Also,
I have gotten the go ahead for a monthly gig, Synthestesia at Amnesia on Valencia St.
chaosick
captjrab wrote:

Also,
I have gotten the go ahead for a monthly gig, Synthestesia at Amnesia on Valencia St.

Oops, I was on vacation. I should check out luggage store.
captjrab
chaosick wrote:

Oops, I was on vacation. I should check out luggage store.

The Outsound/Luggage Store series is part of the Bay Area Improvisers scene. PM me if u want booking info.
captjrab
Amnesia Tues 10/18
Cool synth/projection happening
bassnode
Very cool, captjrab. Will try to make it out for that!
captjrab
bassnode wrote:
Very cool, captjrab. Will try to make it out for that!

Cool. Hope you can make it.
jersupereq
John Bender is going to be playing soon! Not super ambient but should be amazing. https://www.facebook.com/events/652630458219862/
captjrab
Synthestesia live sights and Sounds happening Tues 1/24 Amnesia SF 9:00-11:00
Sounds
captjrab the Pre's Kevin Van Yserloo
Vids
Linda Scobie Jon Carling BlueGreen

Fun event
Come down and say hi
captjrab
Playing at ATA this Saturday, 8:00.
Here's the link to the event:
http://www.atasite.org/?p=11552
cheers,
Turboblast
Glad this post is keeping the bay area love alive.

Id be going for sure but have another event already planned.

Keep the updates coming!
horaflora
sorry for the late notice - but, starting toorrow, 2nd and 4th tuesdays will be having live experimental music (sometimes ambient, depending on your interpretation, I suppose) at Darger Bar on 16th and Harrrison.

I am playing tomorrow, Scy1e, as well as my buddy A Magic Whistle.

Free, tip yer bartender, 9-11pm

FB: https://tinyurl.com/ybg752gm

quixot
Oooh go see Scy1e, you won't regret it! An artist and a gentleman, that one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1