Some noise and an introduction

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Some noise and an introduction

Post by justin3am » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 am

Hi, I'm new! I come from the world of software. This is my first serious foray into analog modular synthesis (broken into three parts).

Third modA 10min 20sec
Third modB 10min 50sec
Third modC 11min 23sec

and here's what dun it...

What we've got here is two A-110s through a ringmod, mixed with some noise and a nifty patch I made on my V-Synth, then passed through an A-121, A-120, a waveshaper, a Tyme Sefari and a Boss DD-6.

I've got two midi/CV convertors; A-190 controls VCO1 pitch and the main VCA envelope, MCV4 controls VCO2 pitch and sends LFO which are generated in Numerology. I control the whole shebang with a Kaoss Pad3... the KP3 send cc 12 for X, 13 for Y and 92 for touch. I use Numerology to convert CC 92 to Note on/off data and smooth CCs 12 and 13 with the glide function of the triple X/Y module to be converted to pitch bend data.

The note that gets triggered is C3, for both VCOs and the V-Synth... The X coordinate controls pitch for VCO1 and the V-Synth, the Y coordinate controls the pitch for VCO2 and modulation depth. The touch control acts as a gate for the ADSR.

I'm getting modulation from a dual LFO in Numerology, an A-143 complex envelope, sample and hold clocked to a square lfo and a simple sine lfo... all are multed out from my home made Altoids tin mult. :) I also FM VCO2 with VCO1 and the LPF with VCO2.

This was a thirty+ minute jam. I cut it into three parts for easier consumption but other than that there was no editing. The verb I used is the Arts Acoustic reverb plugin.

Enjoy!

P.s. Thanks Ross, Shamman and Mojoman

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:31 am

Sounds really good.
Nice work!

neandrewthal
full clout y'all
Location: Spending warm summer days indoors writing frightening verse to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

Post by neandrewthal » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Sick :sb:

I can't believe I've never tried running my modular through a digital delay yet.
Initiate the sequence, create catastrophe.

justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Post by justin3am » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks guys. The DD-6 is really cool in it's simplicity, and it's little quirks. It's a very fun delay to tweak. I'd really like to get an Eventide Tim Factor to run it through though. :mrgreen:

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14 pm

Very cool. Have you tried splitting the outputs of the delay and feeding it back into the mix for some "karplus strong" action? :)

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:10 am

Third modC really starts to get scary at the end! I like that :hyper: :eek:

Return to “Your Tunes Here”