Today my small discovery was...

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Chozal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Chozal » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:53 pm

short envelope triggered by a division of master clock => attenuator => fm input of osc is a simple way to add some percussion to a voice

WisdomWriter
Common Wiggler

Post by WisdomWriter » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:35 pm

I often ponder what it would be like to keep modulating the modulator. lately I have been playing with modulating the envelope modulating a cutoff or something with an LFO or phase generator and vice versa to get interesting rates of LFO and phase generators especially a little deeper into filter layering so there is constant tone without the LFO dipping into neg freq that I don't hear.

Alphaman
Common Wiggler

Post by Alphaman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:18 pm

today, my small discovery was...i need some more other Euro Modules^^ but i didn't discovered yet how to pay for it. stealing the handbags of old grannies was the first thing that came into my mind. but now i think to sell my fucking Alpha juno 1 along with a Programmer is better, so i have more space in my room left^^

edit: i just dicovered as well, that i could now sell stuff here on Muff with 101 my Posts hehe

pixelforest
Common Wiggler

Post by pixelforest » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:33 pm

my discovery today was that mixers can be REALLY different in how they handle modular. I have been using an old mackie (CR1604) forever and just got a new allen & heath (mixwizard wz4 16:2). the difference is night and day, i'm not constantly trying to dial back my modular stuff to keep it from clipping into the mixer. my worst offender has always been my hexinverter mutant bassdrum (the 808 one) where I could never put too much tone or distortion on it because it was a constant struggle to not clip the heck out of it. the new a&h has no problem with it even on maxed out tone / dist / decay.

chachi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by chachi » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:35 am

plucky expo vca —> another plucky expo vca = EVEN PLUCKIER.

Just another rookie
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Just another rookie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:14 pm

To answer the question how hot does that heatsink get........ :hmm:

:mad:

:despair:

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:13 pm

...the BBD potential of Chronoblob (Mk1).

I'd been considering purchasing something to cover that kind of territory when I thought, "hang on... I wonder if..." :party:

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 pm

I've decided I like chaos much better than random. Slowly been realizing this over the last few months.

Joey P.
Common Wiggler

Post by Joey P. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Today my discovery, after getting my Mordax Data, was that my Octotrack MIDI sync out has more than twice the jitter of my computer running Logic to a Midiman 2x2.

electricanada
Ultra Wiggler

Post by electricanada » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 pm

mhtones wrote:I've decided I like chaos much better than random. Slowly been realizing this over the last few months.
I like chaos better for melody, but random is often nicer to animate timbre.
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

MoogCloud
Common Wiggler

Metropolis CLK Out is Different Depending....

Post by MoogCloud » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:43 am

I learned that the CLK Out from the Metropolis is different based on the source of the CLK In. If the CLK In is INTernal, then CLK Out is a copy, if the CLK In is EXTernal, then the clock is divided by the value set with the DIV menu.

I’d been ignoring the CLK Out for all this time while using EXTernal clock and had an extra timing source that was being wasted.

Ah, alls well that ends well. :guinness:
Mother 96, GRP R24, and 18U of EuroMagic.
Modular Grid
My SoundCloud

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:25 am

I learned that using a slow but weird Kermit LFO to control pitch, recording that with reverb, and then trying to manually shift everything back into the same pitch afterward is a good time. Weird timbral shifts and pitch artifacts ahoy! :cloud:

More to the point: Running that same slow but weird Kermit LFO into ER-301's Deadband Filter, and then using the output as an LPG trigger. Probably lots of other uses for that thing even though (or especially because?) the output is AC coupled...

"The faint whisper of rain and running water was still there and it had the same tender note of solitude and perfection. But what did the rain mean to him as long as he couldn’t write a song about it?"

starthief.bandcamp.comstarthief.netModularGrid

tokyojoe
Common Wiggler

Re: Metropolis CLK Out is Different Depending....

Post by tokyojoe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 am

MoogCloud wrote:if the CLK In is EXTernal, then the clock is divided by the value set with the DIV menu
Brilliant! Thanks for the tip.

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 pm

i discovered last week that i can patch a bouncing ball effect with a delay :lol:
( the newly made "maths" bouncing ball video by makenoise was the inspiration. awesome patch. never had a maths though :razz: )

i´ve donne it with a chronoblobb by patching two ADs from a PEG to:
delay-time (decrease), feedback (increase), an external filter (freq) patched to the feedback path,
triggered the NG (lpg) by a trigger out of the PEG to have things in sync for the test.
( or take just one AD, but two makes it more flexible in regards to Delay time vs. feedback behave)

funny exercise :hihi: usually not where i´m heading to
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
WMD Geiger Counter: 180.- / Dotcom Q960: 700.- / Q119: 430 /
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 850.-, like new, quasi unused.

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:13 am

Funky40 wrote:i discovered last week that i can patch a bouncing ball effect with a delay :lol:
( the newly made "maths" bouncing ball video by makenoise was the inspiration. awesome patch. never had a maths though :razz: )

i´ve donne it with a chronoblobb by patching two ADs from a PEG to:
delay-time (decrease), feedback (increase), an external filter (freq) patched to the feedback path,
triggered the NG (lpg) by a trigger out of the PEG to have things in sync for the test.
( or take just one AD, but two makes it more flexible in regards to Delay time vs. feedback behave)

funny exercise :hihi: usually not where i´m heading to
Since you posted this I've been having great fun with this patch. With the right amount of modulation it's one of those patches you can sit back and listen to and it always surprises, always makes you smile. :guinness:

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:30 pm

A medium and a small KVGear ramp rack, side by side, is only a little wider than the front of a 114HP case.

And it's also the right width for a 16n Faderbank, an SQ-1 and a Volca Modular side by side 8-)

The i2c connection jack on the Faderbank is on the "down" side of the ramp, but I've got little rubber feet to rest it on to keep that clear.

Also, dry-erase tape is handy for notating what the sliders are assigned to. (I'd heard that white electrical tape works well, but dry erase doesn't come off it as cleanly so that's probably better for a less temporary scribble strip sort of thing.)
"The faint whisper of rain and running water was still there and it had the same tender note of solitude and perfection. But what did the rain mean to him as long as he couldn’t write a song about it?"

starthief.bandcamp.comstarthief.netModularGrid

djd_oz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by djd_oz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Magneto (send) -> Clouds (100% Wet) -> Magneto (return)

So good!

:banana:

Bhola
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bhola » Tue May 07, 2019 3:12 am

I just discovered that on the DPO you can still get sounds from the final output and modulate it with Angle even though FOLD & SHAPE and their attenuverter are all set to fully CCW. Gives a bit of a less aggressive sound than what you usually get with the final out !

He_lium
Common Wiggler

Post by He_lium » Tue May 07, 2019 6:41 am

Bhola wrote:I just discovered that on the DPO you can still get sounds from the final output and modulate it with Angle even though FOLD & SHAPE and their attenuverter are all set to fully CCW. Gives a bit of a less aggressive sound than what you usually get with the final out !
So just modulate Angle? At audio rate?

Bhola
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bhola » Tue May 07, 2019 12:07 pm

He_lium wrote:
Bhola wrote:I just discovered that on the DPO you can still get sounds from the final output and modulate it with Angle even though FOLD & SHAPE and their attenuverter are all set to fully CCW. Gives a bit of a less aggressive sound than what you usually get with the final out !
Yep, modulate angle with the MOD bus and the tone of the Final out is then actually more defined by the frequency of the A OSC than the B one.

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cg_funk » Tue May 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Someone posted the other day lamenting about how NE discontinued the Variatic Erumption.

So I tried to roll my own out of a A-156 dual quantizer and Maths. It worked brilliantly! The A156 outputs a trigger every time it reaches a new note, the different scales change the rhythm of trigger events, and attenuating the envelope sets how many triggers you produce. Also, Maths has 2 channels, so does A156 and LXD, so this is easy to do in duplex just like the Variatic.

So I patched the triggers to a LXD, and then 2x channels of this into my new Prism. Oh boy, very clicky swirling stereo sounds emerge! Mainly, I find that this is a super great way to get on-tempo percussive sounds that are not locked to 16-step grid. I often use Eloquencer, this type of patching methodology is how I break free of the grid.
Modulargrid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1069607

The last session I recorded in the USA before relocating to Denmark:
https://soundcloud.com/mod_gene/zone-overture

Noodle Twister
Common Wiggler

Post by Noodle Twister » Tue May 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Patched a sequencer into the CV of a euro serge triple waveshaper and found that by holding down a key I could get a rhythmic drone. :cloud:
Last edited by Noodle Twister on Tue May 07, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morgulbee
Common Wiggler

Post by morgulbee » Tue May 07, 2019 5:11 pm

The ER command in Teletype makes Euclidean Rhythms easy. I just leveled up my Teletype skills!

He_lium
Common Wiggler

Post by He_lium » Wed May 08, 2019 5:13 am

Bhola wrote:
He_lium wrote:
Yep, modulate angle with the MOD bus and the tone of the Final out is then actually more defined by the frequency of the A OSC than the B one.
Ok thanks! Will try it!

Bhola
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bhola » Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 pm

He_lium wrote:
Bhola wrote:
He_lium wrote:
Ok thanks! Will try it!
Let me know if you got anything interesting !

Return to “Eurorack Modules”