MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Today my small discovery was...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Author Today my small discovery was...
Chozal
short envelope triggered by a division of master clock => attenuator => fm input of osc is a simple way to add some percussion to a voice
WisdomWriter
I often ponder what it would be like to keep modulating the modulator. lately I have been playing with modulating the envelope modulating a cutoff or something with an LFO or phase generator and vice versa to get interesting rates of LFO and phase generators especially a little deeper into filter layering so there is constant tone without the LFO dipping into neg freq that I don't hear.
Alphaman
today, my small discovery was...i need some more other Euro Modules^^ but i didn't discovered yet how to pay for it. stealing the handbags of old grannies was the first thing that came into my mind. but now i think to sell my fucking Alpha juno 1 along with a Programmer is better, so i have more space in my room left^^

edit: i just dicovered as well, that i could now sell stuff here on Muff with 101 my Posts hehe
pixelforest
my discovery today was that mixers can be REALLY different in how they handle modular. I have been using an old mackie (CR1604) forever and just got a new allen & heath (mixwizard wz4 16:2). the difference is night and day, i'm not constantly trying to dial back my modular stuff to keep it from clipping into the mixer. my worst offender has always been my hexinverter mutant bassdrum (the 808 one) where I could never put too much tone or distortion on it because it was a constant struggle to not clip the heck out of it. the new a&h has no problem with it even on maxed out tone / dist / decay.
chachi
plucky expo vca —> another plucky expo vca = EVEN PLUCKIER.
Just another rookie
To answer the question how hot does that heatsink get........ hmmm.....

angry

seriously, i just don't get it
cptnal
...the BBD potential of Chronoblob (Mk1).

I'd been considering purchasing something to cover that kind of territory when I thought, "hang on... I wonder if..." w00t
mhtones
I've decided I like chaos much better than random. Slowly been realizing this over the last few months.
Joey P.
Today my discovery, after getting my Mordax Data, was that my Octotrack MIDI sync out has more than twice the jitter of my computer running Logic to a Midiman 2x2.
electricanada
mhtones wrote:
I've decided I like chaos much better than random. Slowly been realizing this over the last few months.

I like chaos better for melody, but random is often nicer to animate timbre.
MoogCloud
I learned that the CLK Out from the Metropolis is different based on the source of the CLK In. If the CLK In is INTernal, then CLK Out is a copy, if the CLK In is EXTernal, then the clock is divided by the value set with the DIV menu.

I’d been ignoring the CLK Out for all this time while using EXTernal clock and had an extra timing source that was being wasted.

Ah, alls well that ends well. Guinness ftw!
starthief
I learned that using a slow but weird Kermit LFO to control pitch, recording that with reverb, and then trying to manually shift everything back into the same pitch afterward is a good time. Weird timbral shifts and pitch artifacts ahoy! This is fun!

More to the point: Running that same slow but weird Kermit LFO into ER-301's Deadband Filter, and then using the output as an LPG trigger. Probably lots of other uses for that thing even though (or especially because?) the output is AC coupled...

tokyojoe
MoogCloud wrote:
if the CLK In is EXTernal, then the clock is divided by the value set with the DIV menu

Brilliant! Thanks for the tip.
Funky40
i discovered last week that i can patch a bouncing ball effect with a delay lol
( the newly made "maths" bouncing ball video by makenoise was the inspiration. awesome patch. never had a maths though razz )

i´ve donne it with a chronoblobb by patching two ADs from a PEG to:
delay-time (decrease), feedback (increase), an external filter (freq) patched to the feedback path,
triggered the NG (lpg) by a trigger out of the PEG to have things in sync for the test.
( or take just one AD, but two makes it more flexible in regards to Delay time vs. feedback behave)

funny exercise hihi usually not where i´m heading to
cptnal
Funky40 wrote:
i discovered last week that i can patch a bouncing ball effect with a delay lol
( the newly made "maths" bouncing ball video by makenoise was the inspiration. awesome patch. never had a maths though razz )

i´ve donne it with a chronoblobb by patching two ADs from a PEG to:
delay-time (decrease), feedback (increase), an external filter (freq) patched to the feedback path,
triggered the NG (lpg) by a trigger out of the PEG to have things in sync for the test.
( or take just one AD, but two makes it more flexible in regards to Delay time vs. feedback behave)

funny exercise hihi usually not where i´m heading to

Since you posted this I've been having great fun with this patch. With the right amount of modulation it's one of those patches you can sit back and listen to and it always surprises, always makes you smile. Guinness ftw!
starthief
A medium and a small KVGear ramp rack, side by side, is only a little wider than the front of a 114HP case.

And it's also the right width for a 16n Faderbank, an SQ-1 and a Volca Modular side by side cool

The i2c connection jack on the Faderbank is on the "down" side of the ramp, but I've got little rubber feet to rest it on to keep that clear.

Also, dry-erase tape is handy for notating what the sliders are assigned to. (I'd heard that white electrical tape works well, but dry erase doesn't come off it as cleanly so that's probably better for a less temporary scribble strip sort of thing.)
djd_oz
Magneto (send) -> Clouds (100% Wet) -> Magneto (return)

So good!

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Bhola
I just discovered that on the DPO you can still get sounds from the final output and modulate it with Angle even though FOLD & SHAPE and their attenuverter are all set to fully CCW. Gives a bit of a less aggressive sound than what you usually get with the final out !
He_lium
Bhola wrote:
I just discovered that on the DPO you can still get sounds from the final output and modulate it with Angle even though FOLD & SHAPE and their attenuverter are all set to fully CCW. Gives a bit of a less aggressive sound than what you usually get with the final out !

So just modulate Angle? At audio rate?
Bhola
He_lium wrote:
Bhola wrote:

Yep, modulate angle with the MOD bus and the tone of the Final out is then actually more defined by the frequency of the A OSC than the B one.
cg_funk
Someone posted the other day lamenting about how NE discontinued the Variatic Erumption.

So I tried to roll my own out of a A-156 dual quantizer and Maths. It worked brilliantly! The A156 outputs a trigger every time it reaches a new note, the different scales change the rhythm of trigger events, and attenuating the envelope sets how many triggers you produce. Also, Maths has 2 channels, so does A156 and LXD, so this is easy to do in duplex just like the Variatic.

So I patched the triggers to a LXD, and then 2x channels of this into my new Prism. Oh boy, very clicky swirling stereo sounds emerge! Mainly, I find that this is a super great way to get on-tempo percussive sounds that are not locked to 16-step grid. I often use Eloquencer, this type of patching methodology is how I break free of the grid.
Noodle Twister
Patched a sequencer into the CV of a euro serge triple waveshaper and found that by holding down a key I could get a rhythmic drone. This is fun!
morgulbee
The ER command in Teletype makes Euclidean Rhythms easy. I just leveled up my Teletype skills!
He_lium
Bhola wrote:
He_lium wrote:
Bhola wrote:

Yep, modulate angle with the MOD bus and the tone of the Final out is then actually more defined by the frequency of the A OSC than the B one.

Ok thanks! Will try it!
Bhola
He_lium wrote:
Bhola wrote:
He_lium wrote:
Bhola wrote:

Ok thanks! Will try it!

Let me know if you got anything interesting !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Page 29 of 31