MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wiggle Woggle?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Wiggle Woggle?
tragedybysyntax
So I guess "Makenoise" is doing custom DIY Wogglebugs in euro? F'NG NEED ONE!!! Wish I had more time... I wouldent mind trying to build one u know? 25 bucks for the PCB + Parts..... I know he's selling them for like 400? lol.
Kwote
DIY it bro. it's way cheaper that way.

i'm pretty intent on getting the official 300 series Wogglebug, but i think i'm gonna try and get some of the Woggle pcb's in the meantime just in case worse comes to worse i don't get the official version. Plus even if i do end up with the 300 series it'd be cool to have some extra woggles on hand cuz i doubt i'll ever get more than one 300 series Woggle.
neandrewthal
Yes, the woggle is essential, you get your random volt > S&H > VCO all in one module w00t , plus a bunch of other cool stuff, and that's just the single version.

I wish I had gone double. After I fired mine up I realized that the 300 version would be such an amazing instrument in it's own right.
Kwote
neandrewthal wrote:
Yes, the woggle is essential, you get your random volt > S&H > VCO all in one module w00t , plus a bunch of other cool stuff, and that's just the single version.

I wish I had gone double. After I fired mine up I realized that the 300 version would be such an amazing instrument in it's own right.

double version? i thought there was just one that omits a few of the 300 series version.
neandrewthal
Kwote wrote:
neandrewthal wrote:

double version? i thought there was just one that omits a few of the 300 series version.

Ooh, yeah. By double I meant 2 PCBs + Ring modulator to imitate the 300 version.
tragedybysyntax
I think 1 euro woggle in my system would be sexxy as shit...... K, I gotta hop on that soon as I get some DIY projects done that i've started. Need to work on some diy shit tonight now that i think about it.....LOL.

Is there anywhere that shows how to actually wire the pcb to pots and the jacks? Peace! smile
Kwote
i haven't actually taken the time to look it over but Scott just mailed me the project page:

http://diy.czmok.de/mod/gbuy/woggle.html
dubchild
-----
Luka
has anyone put two woggles behind a panel with ringmod ?
im waiting to do it, damn expensive vactrols.
thetwlo
$225 assembled in MOTM format:
http://bridechamber.com/bridechamber.com/Wogglebug%20.html
dubchild
-----
Cat-A-Tonic
I busted my SMT cherry on the DIY WoggleBug.
It was alot easier than I thought it would be.
Just put solder on one pad first.
Tweezer the cap into position.
Reheat pad to get the cap connected.
Then do the other side of the cap.
The hardest part is not losing the caps.
They are each about the size of a grain of rice.

I've been stuffing a bunch of boards and won't have front panel parts for a while.
When I do I'm going to have a flood of new modules getting finished!
Bricks
I have one of these boards and have asked him to make me a frontpanel before, but he didn't seem interested.

When/where did makenoise announce hes regularly making them? I know he's made them in the past but didnt know there was any regularity
Kwote
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
I've been stuffing a bunch of boards and won't have front panel parts for a while.
When I do I'm going to have a flood of new modules getting finished!

when you do post pics in the DIY section please. i can't wait to see all your projects.
synthetic
Someone sell me on this module? I don't get it. I understand that it's a chaotic CV source, but why do I need one?

I read this page and listened to the MP3 and I still don't get it.

http://www.musicsynthesizer.com/WoggleBug/WoggleBug.html
plord
synthetic wrote:
Someone sell me on this module? I don't get it. I understand that it's a chaotic CV source, but why do I need one?

It is much much more than a chaotic CV source! smile But to start there, it is by a significant margin the most *musical* chaotic noise source you will find short of the old Buchla gear that partially inspired it. [ed note: my comments below apply to one half of the Wiard 300 version, the DIY isn't that far off but forgive me if I describe a feature not included in the DIY one].

You get a clocked stepped voltage (woggly squarish waves) as well as a clocked smooth voltage (woggly sine waves). You can skip the clocking bit and run it off its own internal LFO. You can influence the generation of woggle events by putting a voltage into the "Disturb" input. You can alter the range of the CV output with the smooth and woggle range knobs, and ALSO control the maximum step size of each woggle with the cluster knob; this means you can create, for example, a very slow moving voltage that grows from 0-10V in a drunkards walk pattern, never moving more than, say, 3 semitones up or down in any one woggle. You can further alter the character of each woggle event with the woggle time knob; at minimum settings, this will go to the audio range.

When the woggle time knob is at minimum and those CVs go to audio, then on the dual 300 series WB you have EIGHT different audio outputs to play with. I end up using mine for audio much more than for CV, as things have turned out. If you "only" step through these with a sequential switch, you can make something like this: http://www.there.org/music/wogno.mp3 which is 100% Wogglebug audio with mild LPG filtering on everything and heavy filtering on the kick sound. With one Wogglebug and a good delay, you can make sci-fi soundtrack music and crazy noises all day long. Put some other source of the usual white noise through a filter and mod the filter with the smooth CV output of a wogglebug and you get beautiful wind/surf noises.

I have two 300 series. I am building two of the DIY also, with the hope that I can hack them and get CV control of woggle time, which is the knob that gets frobbed most often around here.

I guess you can say I'm a fan smile I can and do listen to wogglebug -> delay for hours on end some days.
synthetic
That was great, thanks.
Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance
synthetic
Was that all from one Wogglebug in one pass? Or multitracked? I assumed it was multitracked until it slowed up at the end.
Kwote
plord wrote:
I am building two of the DIY also, with the hope that I can hack them and get CV control of woggle time, which is the knob that gets frobbed most often around here.

please share your build success with us. i'd love that feature too!

i can't deny myself some form of woggle much longer so i'm gonna grab a couple pcb's pretty soon.
Luka
how important is the disturb feature plord?

i just designed my dual woggle faceplate and managed to fit 2 woggles bugs (without the disturb add-on) with XOR between then and a real ring modem on a 3x5U plate but i might have to ditch the modem if the distrub featrue is really worth adding on
Luka
hey can some people who have this module glance over my panel design and tell me if im missing anything important.
it is a dual woggle bug with a cgs real ring XOR'ing the audio outs. There is a DPDT on-on-on switch so i can send the any of the woggle/XOR/cluster tones into the main XOR.
since there was so many ring mults in the design i decided to go deeper and chucked in a dual real ring mod (modem) in the spare space smile so it is 3U wide, 5U tall.

just quickly whipped this up in photoshop, exact graphics still to be worked out, im just keen on functionality at the moment.

plord
synthetic wrote:
Was that all from one Wogglebug in one pass? Or multitracked? I assumed it was multitracked until it slowed up at the end.

The "Drums" are a dual wogglebug, with the kick LP filtered and the "hats" HP filtered. The rest of the noises are a dual Wogglebug's 8 audio outs stepped through a Metalbox Sequential Switch. Tempo was controlled by a joystick routed to the same envelope sweeping the LP filter on the kick.

Recorded in one pass smile
zerosum
Quote:
http://www.there.org/music/wogno.mp3 which is 100% Wogglebug audio with mild LPG filtering on everything and heavy filtering on the kick sound.

hehe wow It's peanut butter jelly time! Cheesy! applause
plord
Luka wrote:
how important is the disturb feature plord?

i just designed my dual woggle faceplate and managed to fit 2 woggles bugs (without the disturb add-on) with XOR between then and a real ring modem on a 3x5U plate but i might have to ditch the modem if the distrub featrue is really worth adding on

First off, I like your panel! the symmetry is pleasing smile

The disturb input is the only way to cause the Wogglebug to do something with input from an external keyboard or sequencer. The results aren't tonal or even predictable, necessarily, but if you leave it out you can clock the internal LFO, that's about it.

However, I just looked at the v.3 PCB that we're all using for DIY, and it's not obvious to me that the disturb input is available. confused So you should probably go with what you have smile
parasitk
plord wrote:
you can make something like this: http://www.there.org/music/wogno.mp3

That is fucking cool. we're not worthy to the woggle
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2