MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCAs from Super Synthesis - Quad VCA / Mixer / Offset
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author VCAs from Super Synthesis - Quad VCA / Mixer / Offset
executiveBlaster
Howdy forum!

Super has some new modules up for sale. First up is VCAs:

VCAs: 12HP Quad Linear Voltage Controlled Amplifier and Mixer

4 clean VCAs based on the V2164, with normalling connections to support any combo of channels as a mixer.

http://www.supersynthesis.com/products/vcas

Text from our website!

VCAs is four Linear Voltage Controlled Amplifiers. Each channel consists of:

20mm slider for initial gain
DC coupled signal input
latching push button to invert signal input
0-5V linear control voltage input
bi-color LED indicating signal amplitude and polarity
DC coupled signal output
The input jacks can be normalled to 0V or 5V, selected by the jumper on the back of the module (5V-NRML)

The arrows on the panel between output jacks indicate VCAs' normalled mixing scheme. When a patch cable is not inserted into an output jack, that channel's output is mixed into the channel on its right. For example, when only patched out of the furthest right channel, VCAs will act as a 4 channel mixer. If patched out of the "second" and "fourth" channels, each pair (1&2, 3&4) acts as a 2 channel mixer.

These features together allow for standard VCA duties, voltage controlled mixing, positive and negative offset, and manual DC output.

These are some extra handy VCAs, and y'know, sliders w00t

PS! Super is looking for help with some demo videos of our modules. If this is something you're good at, we'd love to hear from you. send me a PM or email
content at supersynthesis dot com.
ben_hex
Looks good!

Do the sliders act as manual VCA level (offset, bias, gain) control or cv attenuators?
Old-TimeyWimey
^ Wondering the same. I've been looking for a mixer with sliders to add to my control case. This will probably be my next VCA, really like the features.

Also like your logo! Makes me think of the retro-futuristic OB-6, or Aperture Laboratories thumbs up
tebs213
More modules with sliders please! Love this.
tylrprtr
What is the hp width on this? This possibly could usurp the Erica Synths Quad VCA as my next purchase, simply because of sliders instead of knobs, as long as the width is the same size.
executiveBlaster
ben_hex wrote:
Looks good!

Do the sliders act as manual VCA level (offset, bias, gain) control or cv attenuators?

yep, the sliders act as manual VCA level.

tylrprtr wrote:
What is the hp width on this?

12HP

Old-TimeyWimey wrote:
Also like your logo! Makes me think of the retro-futuristic OB-6, or Aperture Laboratories thumbs up

thanks bud!! glad you dig it w00t

tebs213 wrote:
More modules with sliders please! Love this.

You know it! Super is committed to slidey town, and will certainly keep you all posted w00t
Old-TimeyWimey
I got my VCAs a few weeks back and I'm quite enamored with it. love The sliders feel great. The latching 'invert' buttons light up and the glow is quite soothing, haha.

I made a video highlighting how nifty the signal inversion is, and used it to demonstrate audio ducking:
tylrprtr
Reviving a dead thread!

I'm having trouble visualizing why you would need the input jack normalled to 5v. Is it so that you can use the module as an offset generator up to 5v? If thats the case why would you ever want it to normal to 0v then?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1