MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer beauty case voltage
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Doepfer beauty case voltage
justin3am
So I got a Doepfer beauty case because I need a little more space than my A-100 portable case provides and I need a +5v for my A-190 (also because I'm bad with money).

Anyway, I've got the A-190, an A-110 VCO and an ADSR in there. It powers them well enough but the oscillator tracks out of tune by 3 semitones. I checked the voltage for the +12 and -12 leads and it seems that the I've got +12 and -11.79... could this be the problem? Is there a way for me to modify the PSU to fix it? It's not a huge deal, I've found ways around it (besides, equal temperament is for pussies) but it just bothers me in that same way that having 2H of left over space does.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. smile
Chuck E. Jesus
i'd ask on the Doepfer list....
wetterberg
I think perhaps your 190 is just out of tune? That can be tuned up in config menu 3.
chimologic
probably a good idea not to have any vco's in the beauty cause. just switch for something on your main case that is for control or sound processing
justin3am
The only reason I have VCO in there is because I wanted to be able to control one oscillator and one ADSR with the Doepfer bus rather than cables.

wetterberg wrote:
I think perhaps your 190 is just out of tune? That can be tuned up in config menu 3.

I wish this were the case, unfortunately if I'm using the A-190 to control both the VCO in the beauty case and the one in the bigger case, they are always offset by about 3 semitones. The fine tune controls range just isn't wide enough to be able to correct the issue from the oscillator. sad

I'll have to go in search of this Doepfer list...

Thanks!
Chuck E. Jesus
justin3am wrote:
The fine tune controls range just isn't wide enough to be able to correct the issue from the oscillator. sad

you may need to adjust the offset, all the calibration info is here:

http://www.doepfer.de/a110_tec.htm

sorry, i didn't understand if it wouldn't track midi, or if the voltage was a problem, or what...try the adjustment and see if it works....

btw: if i need to sweep the A-110 more than the small amout available, i use the S&H (feed it a high voltage from the midi to CV, trigger the S&H once, run that thru the CV mixer, use the output to adjust pitch from there...
wetterberg
ross g wrote:
btw: if i need to sweep the A-110 more than the small amout available, i use the S&H (feed it a high voltage from the midi to CV, trigger the S&H once, run that thru the CV mixer, use the output to adjust pitch from there...
sounds like you need a cv generator module? That's a crazy-simple yet lovely diy project - a panel, a knob, an output and some wire. And perhaps a resistor or two.
justin3am
That seems to have done the trick! Thanks Ross.

Now I need to look into making one of these CV generators.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1