MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

HOWDY FOLKS!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author HOWDY FOLKS!!!
TERRORVISION
Loooooong-time lurker... first-time poster...

If you own any of the LZX products, I most likely did the SMT and/or thru-hole assembly for it... overcaffeinated... without A/C, proper ventilation, or adequate lighting... converting a room of my house into a chaotic pile of smt reels, kobiconn jacks, buswire and packaging debris rivaling the towers of trashy vhs on the other side of the room... and I've enjoyed every minute of it. THANK YOU.

In an effort to better answer any build/troubleshooting questions you may have related to the Cadet series, and to provide updates on works in progress/demo videos, I'm gonna try to hang out here more often as time allows.

As such, here's a pic of the entire Cadet line as it currently exists in our case here at LZX HQ...



catch y'all around...

JONAH
Matos
Thanks for all your hard work.


Now quit your jabbering and get back to work.

That red row looks great. Curious to see these in action.
LoFi Junglist
subtle PAG boasting Miley Cyrus
cskonopka
THANK YOU! And thank you for the hands.

nice pag ... who has the 3rd?
FetidEye
cool!

when my system 21 arrives, i'm sure to have some questions. w00t

I do have some questions now:

I've ordered the pcb only option.

-Do the Cadet series have SMD IC's on them? Is anything presoldered?

-How does it work with the firmware included in the C1 Sync Generator documentation?

-In the BOM's I see a lot of parts like "Leaded 0.33uF 50volts" .
What does "leaded" mean in this context? And if it means 'containing lead', is this important for the design?
(the proposed parts are out of stock at Mouser)
Jasper
cskonopka wrote:


nice pag ... who has the 3rd?


Johnny Woods did, he sold his viddy rig last week though.

My understanding was Lars, Dan, Johnny.

Thanks for all your hard work JONAH. You should really setup an inline fan or something to suck all those gross ass lead fumes out. If you die from lead poisoning who will solder all our synths seriously, i just don't get it ?

I guess that's the point of Cadet, teach us to fish for ourselves so you don't have to get leaded. thumbs up

Much love
mr_coops
Howdy,
you may have just recently repaired my CVE then wink
Now just awaiting the postman...
applause
reialex
I really like the red panels and knobs, they have such a nice aesthetic.

I'm looking forward to some videos and demos that are done solely with the cadet series/system 21.
Dirty_Bill
cskonopka wrote:
THANK YOU! And thank you for the hands.

nice pag ... who has the 3rd?


4MS I assume. Johnny's PAG is here in Norcal now.But that's thread hijack.

Welcome back LZX to the forum. Cadet9 is missing, btw! hihi
TERRORVISION
not gonna lie... the PAG is pretty sweet...
and C9 IS COMING... cool

FetidEye wrote:
-Do the Cadet series have SMD IC's on them? Is anything presoldered?

-How does it work with the firmware included in the C1 Sync Generator documentation?

-In the BOM's I see a lot of parts like "Leaded 0.33uF 50volts" .
What does "leaded" mean in this context? And if it means 'containing lead', is this important for the design?
(the proposed parts are out of stock at Mouser)


C1 and C2 have SMD ICs that are presoldered and the ATMEGA for C1 is preprogrammed...

"leaded" in this context refers to the component having legs/leads and NOT lead(in the mouser parts info this is confirmed by its ROHS compliance designation)...
nickciontea
great to see you here buddy!

Jonah is a great guy.. He picked me up in a van at a truck stop once, and ive seen his vhs towers.

see you in 2 weeks? im coming to town.
FetidEye
TERRORVISION wrote:
not gonna lie... the PAG is pretty sweet...
and C9 IS COMING... cool

FetidEye wrote:
-Do the Cadet series have SMD IC's on them? Is anything presoldered?

-How does it work with the firmware included in the C1 Sync Generator documentation?

-In the BOM's I see a lot of parts like "Leaded 0.33uF 50volts" .
What does "leaded" mean in this context? And if it means 'containing lead', is this important for the design?
(the proposed parts are out of stock at Mouser)


C1 and C2 have SMD ICs that are presoldered and the ATMEGA for C1 is preprogrammed...

"leaded" in this context refers to the component having legs/leads and NOT lead(in the mouser parts info this is confirmed by its ROHS compliance designation)...



ok thanks!
cskonopka
Jasper wrote:
cskonopka wrote:


nice pag ... who has the 3rd?


Johnny Woods did, he sold his viddy rig last week though.

My understanding was Lars, Dan, Johnny.



Yeah I saw Johnny Woods had it, didn't know if Lars did as well. Officially debunkedddd.
AR126
Howdy to you too bud applause
TERRORVISION
nickciontea wrote:
He picked me up in a van at a truck stop once...

see you in 2 weeks? im coming to town.


so weekend of the 18th?? RAD!!! same number?? Guinness ftw!
no creep van this time tho... sorry to disappoint

thanks for the warm reception everyone...
FetidEye
I have a question:

The BOM of the Cadet 9 VCO states:
** R43 may be a 2K TempCo resistor. Not required for a video oscillator.

Where would it be required then?

Does this imply that this PCB can be used as something other than a VCO?

(I had a tempCo , so I put that in)
smrl
Nope, just that temp. compensation is not quite as necessary in this context, esp. using sync which will keep the oscillator stable.

It will still drift but sync makes it largely un-noticeable.

Unless there was a value for the temp. coefficient of the resistor, you may not get the desired result (which is to keep the frequency from changing with variations in temperature.)
TERRORVISION
FetidEye wrote:
I have a question:

The BOM of the Cadet 9 VCO states:
** R43 may be a 2K TempCo resistor. Not required for a video oscillator.

Where would it be required then?

Does this imply that this PCB can be used as something other than a VCO?

(I had a tempCo , so I put that in)


smrl has got IT...
FetidEye
ok. so i will ignore this remark in the BOM.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group