MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stillson, Piston, & Malgorithm firmware updates
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Stillson, Piston, & Malgorithm firmware updates
mt3
https://www.facebook.com/industrialmusicelectronics/posts/115228520145 9171

Christmas in (Death of) June.

Direct linkage:
http://www.theharvestman.org/firmware.php
robotopsy
I will update one oF my Malgorythm MKII.... I wanna compare both firmware applause
mt3
robotopsy wrote:
I will update one oF my Malgorythm MKII.... I wanna compare both firmware applause

The Piston mk2 is one that modifies sonic tonality and would like to hear before and afters if anyone can post before I score a PicKit.
Trenchrun
I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one ... But honestly, updating firmware is not something I care to bother with. Im sure it's easy, but I've bricked a couple things in my life.

Do you think Would moog do this update in store?
robotopsy
I know MOOG Montreal can update the module in store. Dont know Toronto !?!?
Sinamsis
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a description of changes in the download? Also anyone know any places in the continental USA that would do this upgrade? Don't have a PC and I'd rather just pay someone to do it than buy the required hardware which I probably won't use again for another year or two.
dysonant
Sinamsis wrote:
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a description of changes in the download? Also anyone know any places in the continental USA that would do this upgrade?

Control does updates. Though shipping your modules, and cost of upgrades is probably more than buying a Pickit3.

Quote:
Don't have a PC and I'd rather just pay someone to do it than buy the required hardware which I probably won't use again for another year or two.

Pickit3 works fine on a Mac. All those comments about using the command line and other difficulty are from years ago. You can download the IPE software here http://microchip.wikidot.com/ipe:installation

I just did the updates today to the PH and Malgo. Took a few tries on the Malgo but got it right. All in it took me under 30 min, probably would have only taken 5-10 min if I knew what I was doing.
Sinamsis
Nice. For the Malgorithm did you need the adapter as well, or did you just use the Pickit?
dysonant
Sinamsis wrote:
Nice. For the Malgorithm did you need the adapter as well, or did you just use the Pickit?

Just used the Pickit. There is a 10 pin header towards the top of the Malgorithm, I put the Pickit on the top 5. As the instructions mention, Had to put my finger the chip and put my finger on the bottom 5. For some reason, that did it. The wave folder section is way more useable now! nanners
Sinamsis
That's just what I was hoping for. Awesome!
ikkini
How do you know the polarity on the header using the Pickit ?
dysonant
ikkini wrote:
How do you know the polarity on the header using the Pickit ?

Well, I didn't. I just kept trying it on the header in different ways until it worked. I made sure the Picket was not supplying power and power came from my case.

Basically, if you hold the Malgorithm vertically and attach the Picit as in this diagram I did really quick, it should work. But it only worked when I was touching the bottom row of pins and the chip as stated in the README

ether
The above doesn't make sense.

My Malgorithm has a 10 pin header on the back, but I can't find the "... black chip with pins sticking out of the side..." mentioned in the readme file. Is that the one right up against the input jack in the 3rd photo below???

Maybe I need the programming adaptor widget then??? Or am I missing something?

dysonant
ether I do not know if I am right, but it is what worked for me. My finger was too big to just touch the one chip. It was touching the other two to the top & bottom as well.

guestt
WTF?

seriously, i just don't get it
auxren
That facebook link seems broken?
mt3
auxren wrote:

Fixed. Had a mobile url.
dysonant
auxren wrote:

It just links to The Harvestman website firmware page anyway. Here is that http://www.theharvestman.org/firmware.php
Sinamsis
Can anyone confirm or deny that they've successfully done the Malgorithm update without the PH adapter? I've tried to do it as described above with a Pickit3.... It can't possibly fit on those pins. I can't completely seat the pins on the adapter as described. As an aside, I've successfully updated the PH mk II without a problem. Thanks.
dysonant
Sinamsis wrote:
Can anyone confirm or deny that they've successfully done the Malgorithm update without the PH adapter? I've tried to do it as described above with a Pickit3.... It can't possibly fit on those pins. I can't completely seat the pins on the adapter as described. As an aside, I've successfully updated the PH mk II without a problem. Thanks.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I pulled my Picket 3 casing off. If you pull it out of the casing it will fit. And yes, I got it to work.
Sinamsis
dysonant wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:

Oh, I forgot to mention, I pulled my Picket 3 casing off. If you pull it out of the casing it will fit. And yes, I got it to work.

Ha ok that makes sense. I'll try it. I've been very timid with this because I didn't want to brick the unit and there's no clear instructions I found on orientation and what not. But I'll give it a shot. The PH updated no problem.
hawkfuzz
No SH fixes yet. Misleading, but I'm hopeful soon.
mt3
Another Piston mk ][ update (v. 2.5.1):
https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1158411174179907&id=13676698 6344336
ether
Aha! Explanation for the issue in my other thread.

"Small bug fix available today - PISTON HONDA v2.5.1. Fixes a noise problem when nothing is plugged into the FM input and the attenuator is turned up"
johnwynberg
robotopsy wrote:

Hi, Robotopsy... Did you manage to update one of your Malgorythms? Any comments on the difference? Not that I doubt Surachai's suggestion, or Harvestman's implementation, but I woul like to hear more about the difference it makes, before looking into getting a PicKit or whatever else it takes.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2