MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

⚡[Launch Codes] Trigger/Gate SEQ (Now with CV features vid)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author ⚡[Launch Codes] Trigger/Gate SEQ (Now with CV features vid)
antimatteraudio
w00t The Launch Codes is a compact modular performance source for manual or sequenced triggering and gating for up to five separate events.

PDF Manual

Short Jam video:

The Launch Codes making friends with the Varigate 4 w00t

Intro video:

Special features (CV, extra options):

Controller mode:
The Launch Codes functions as a realtime manual performance switch controller providing trigger, momentary gate, or latched/toggle gate voltage outputs, selectable per each of the five channels.

Sequencer mode, chains, CV:
The Launch Codes also acts as a clocked performance sequencer for five trigger/gate events. It will record button presses and play them back quantized to the clock input. Sequences are up to 32 steps long, times 5 patterns, for a total of 160 steps (10 bars). Generate allows you to play with generating alternative versions of your sequence. Each sequence channel has controls for performance muting.

Patterns can be expressively chained in the order pressed (3-2-4, 4-1-5, etc…). Launch Codes will continually loop through this chain, or a single pattern.

A reset port is provided to sync the sequencer with other devices. A special CV sequencer mode allows the reset port to act as a random chance CV input, going from no change (0 volts) to many changes (close to 5 volts). For the adventurous, two alternate CV modes are also accessible!

All settings and sequences can be stored in internal memory for future use after power off. The Launch Codes can recall the internal memory at any time.

$229 and popping up at retailers as you read this Guinness ftw!
Sleipnir
Amazing piece of kit, but am afraid I'd have to get the manual tattooed to my eyelids. eek!
I *could* open up 6hp next to my brainseed...hmmm... MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Dcramer
This guy's a freakin genius! Miley Cyrus
I love how his original Brainseed has so much packed into it and has the very cool on the fly functions.

Launch codes looks like the rhythmic equivalent. we're not worthy MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Plus human skull or gtfo! zombie
exper
Wow. This is what I wished the Tri-Ger was going to be. Amazing. One thing I'm not quite clear on though is clock/reset.

They are inputs only right? I care more about being able to clock/reset it than I do having the ability to clock other stuff.

So, the reset jack/light: is it a trigger input, and the light blinking for the loop start just a visual indicator or is the reset back output that trigger/event?
cheliosheart
Nice!

That gate output looks like a fun feature! Well done!

applause
antimatteraudio
exper wrote:
Wow. This is what I wished the Tri-Ger was going to be. Amazing. One thing I'm not quite clear on though is clock/reset.

The reset and clock jacks are inputs. The reset led always lights up on the first step. The reset function is rising edge, so it won't stick on the first step on a reset gate.
antimatteraudio
In addition to the intro videos, I posted a link to the PDF manual with a digram of the jacks cool
zrapa
Question Answered ...
timoka
looks quite nice, but all the manual recorded triggers get quantised to the clock, there is no possibility to have them unquantised or maybe quantised to a multiple of the clock to get more human rhythms?
antimatteraudio
Put it 32 step length and crank up your clock source = more resolution! Guinness ftw!

Also I'm more into robot or alien rhythms than human ones, which the extra CV modes can do! screaming goo yo
bobbcorr
Any tips on how Launch Codes and Brain Seed can play nicely together?
antimatteraudio
bobbcorr wrote:
Any tips on how Launch Codes and Brain Seed can play nicely together?

Certainly!

• Use a trigger output from the LC into the Cycle input of the Brain Seed to clock it at custom non-binary intervals.

• Use an out from the LC to open an envelope that "strums" the Brain Seed's cycle input in CV addressed mode.

• Attenuate a gate out from the LC to rhythmically transpose the Brain Seed's Shift input.

• Use a gate out from the LC to Freeze or Reset the Brain Seed (according to how your jumper is set on the Brain Seed).

• Automate the record state of the Brain Seed with a gate out from the LC.

• Reset, clock, or otherwise control the CV sources that you are feeding into the Brain Seed's Seed In CV input.

I've also had luck running 4 gate outs from the Launch Codes into a Matrix mixer and tweaked the knobs on the to use it as a weird 4-channel CV sequencer of sorts going to 4 different oscs.
Parametex
applause damn nice!
antimatteraudio
Parametex wrote:
applause damn nice!

Thanks! I hope to post a few more videos today or tomorrow showing the special looper and cv scrub modes, plus showing it working in gate mode with a Varigate 4 + Volca FM to make some extra funky beats!
antimatteraudio
The Launch Codes making friends with the Varigate 4 w00t

antimatteraudio
Guinness ftw! I'm working on hopefully demoing all Antimatter Modules along with Toppobrillo in Portland on the 26th, I'll give a shout if that happens!
antimatteraudio
Here it is- Antimatter Audio (me!) and Toppobrillo of Oakland will be showing off our modular synthesizer bits at Control Voltage in Portland a week from Sunday (6/26) @ 230! I will be demonstrating the Launch Codes, Sub Ring, and Brain Seed. Toppobrillo will be demonstrating the Triple Wavefolder, the Quantimator, and the new Stereomix!

FB Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/1622755798022523/?active_tab=highlights
exper
Anyone get a Launch Codes yet? I wanted to order one during meme antenna's sale this past weekend but I forgot. :(

This looks great for my 7u case. Would love to see some more examples.
antimatteraudio
Indeed, I need to do a demo of the extra CV functions, but for now, here is a quick demo of a patch that I played at a show last weekend where the LC provided structure from chaos using the channels as gates to control several drone/noisey sounds in my 9U, as well as gating an external drum machine w00t

solaris
I received the Launch Codes a couple of days ago in order to do some tracks/demos (thanks Jeph!) - I didn't had the time yet to record something but the quick tests I did yesterday make me very happy.

all the functions are *very* easy to access and to memorize, no need to go back to the manual to check how to do "x".

the CV input functions are great.
solaris
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/271869760" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

+__ ... _--... first track created with the Antimatter Audio Launch Codes.
the module is a (realtime or manual) trigger/gate sequencer with five channels outs and
five patterns.
in this patch all the events are triggered by the Launch Codes clocked by the SSF URA,
four channels for the drums while the fifth is clocking the brain seed, which is generating
the notes.
the Launch Codes is set in "CV step generate mode", accepting voltages into the reset
input - this input is fed with an attenuated S&H channel from the URA, causing slight
variations to the pattern sequence.
for this quick test only one pattern was used, I didn't explored yet the pattern chaining.
somewhat awkwardly performed in real time, five audio outs from the modular fed to a
Studer 961 and recorded in Reaper.
antimatteraudio
Lovely tune! screaming goo yo
solaris
antimatteraudio wrote:
Lovely tune! :goo:

thank you!
more soon...
solaris
antimatteraudio wrote:
Also I'm more into robot or alien rhythms than human ones, which the extra CV modes can do! :goo:

then maybe you will enjoy this:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/272802881" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

second recording using the Antimatter Audio Launch Codes
recorded in one take to two tracks with no editing

technikal.detailz:
all the triggered events supplied by the Launch Codes + all the CV values derived from a 8-steps sequence from the Brain Seed

for this track, a first pattern was generated from scratch (via the "generate" function) in the Launch Codes, then altered and copied to a second slot where additional variations were made and finally the two patterns were chained.

the Launch Codes was in "CV step generate" mode and a fluctuating CV was sent into its reset/CV input in order to increase the sequences randomization.

a randomly-generated CV sequence from the Brain Seed was sent to various parameters while also being sampled&hold by the SSF URA and sent from there to control other variables.

various controls, mutes, volumes etc manually performed.
SunSpots
This has so much potential to create a patch with... I'll come back around to this after some recent purchases settle in and I am convinced I still have a job in a few months... Comfort will increase and I will come and see you. We will enjoy the sunrise while we press buttons and cross modulate everything we can see.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4