MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Pico Drums
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Erica Synths Pico Drums
nedavine
Made a super quick overview video of the pico drums incase anyone was interested. Doesn't seem to be too many vids of the individual modules about. Hope it's useful, sorry about the phone cam was a bit of a hack job.

EDIT: This firmware is pre-release. The finished firmware will let you control any parameter not just pitch.

Overview

Patch
ludotex
Pretty cool demo, thank you!

What can you control with the CV in? Sample change? Pitch? Decay?
nedavine
ludotex wrote:
Pretty cool demo, thank you!

What can you control with the CV in? Sample change? Pitch? Decay?

Only pitch of drum one but I have a feeling people will beg for sample control.
Daisuk
Sweet, thanks a lot! Thinking of picking a couple up eventually. smile
reppiks
apparently CV control is over pitch, decay, volume, or sample selection, for Drum 1 only
nedavine
reppiks wrote:
apparently CV control is over pitch, decay, volume, or sample selection, for Drum 1 only

You'll be able to confirm tomorrow wink

But the manual says only pitch but it also shows it labeled as pitch when on the real module it only says CV.
kodek
Hey! Thanks for the video.

The firmware on the module you got is not the final version, it will be released during next weeks and you will get CV sample select and Volume, Pitch, Decay control with CV for the first drum.

Also there will be option to save 6 "snapshots" of overall settings for both drums.
Dogma
kodek wrote:

The firmware on the module you got is not the final version, it will be released during next weeks and you will get CV sample select and Volume, Pitch, Decay control with CV for the first drum.

Also there will be option to save 6 "snapshots" of overall settings for both drums.

So i wanna grab 2 of these but would also like the Controller thingy your giving away with 3 - how much is it on its own or should i just stump up for 3?
kodek
Dogma wrote:
kodek wrote:

So i wanna grab 2 of these but would also like the Controller thingy your giving away with 3 - how much is it on its own or should i just stump up for 3?

Programmer will be 20EUR (+VAT), nedavine got it for free @ TFoM because he will need it to update the module to final firmware version.
nedavine
I was a lucky lucky boy wink

I added an annotation to clarify the pre-release nature of the firmware in my module. Sorry for any confusion.
bobbcorr
Is it possible that these wee little 3HP drum modules are getting better each day and they're not even out yet? I strongly approve of the marketing strategy in play here - "release specs prior to release, monitor feedback closely, selectively modify specs" is an approach I've used multiple times in my career and it has tremendous advantages.
kodek
bobbcorr wrote:
Is it possible that these wee little 3HP drum modules are getting better each day and they're not even out yet? I strongly approve of the marketing strategy in play here - "release specs prior to release, monitor feedback closely, selectively modify specs" is an approach I've used multiple times in my career and it has tremendous advantages.

Nope, we have already mentioned all these features more than one time in different topics @MuffWiggler already after the initial announcement which happened at SuperBooth. But of course new features are also being added if people request them.
bobbcorr
kodek wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:

Nope, we have already mentioned all these features more than one time in different topics @MuffWiggler already after the initial announcement which happened at SuperBooth. But of course new features are also being added if people request them.

That's what I'm excited about - that you're adding new features so early on in the life of these products. Outstanding work!
chrisso
One thing I like about Erica is that they announce things when they are ready for sale, or pretty close to finished. One thing I hate is an elegant module design becoming cluttered to accomodate lots of user requests.
Another thing Erica does well is to make one or two changes based on feedback. That's great. Design by committee....not so great IMO.
ethnotronics
Seems like too many knob turns are required to change parameter values sad banana
Maybe not much fun to play with?
Funky40
huh, i´m very intrigued.
does the module hold its state when powering down and up again ?
if so, automatically or has one to confirm/save something ?

Thanks for the Demo nedavine
chrisso
ethnotronics wrote:
Seems like too many knob turns are required to change parameter values sad banana
Maybe not much fun to play with?

It looks like a lot of things can be changed over CV.
But also, it's a nice quality sampler (effectively).
Just pump some good sounds out of it and enjoy.
I've been waiting for a simple to use, but effective Euro sampler for years.
Libra
Can't deal with the pops and clicks on my Grandpa any longer. And the sample quality is lacking. This looks like it could replace it. Is there a limit to the length of the sample?
Mercutio
Thank you... what about the loading "own sample" process ?
ambrohski
nice post nedavine, thanks! This thing looks great, and you can load your own samples? woah game changer...
rhythmdial
such a tasty 3HP drum!
Libra
just tried the pico lineup out at perfect circuit. the drums sound so good. def swapping out the grandpa for one. the vco thru the 3 filter was sounding pretty damn good, and the sequencer is super nice for the size. getting 3 different ones at least. well done erica
Fiddlestickz
now these are proper drum modules...take note others.. thumbs up
oscillateur
Yeah, I have a VCO and a Sequencer already (I got them directly at TFoM) and I'm planning on getting at least 3 other of the Pico series, including the Drums. Very well designed modules, surprisingly easy to use considering the functionalities...
tenshun
i cant wait to get mine and load some nasty drum sounds into it.
i wish it would come with the programmer. but i guess thats how the companies fish you in to coughing up more $$$.

Does anyone know when those programmers will be for sale?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12