MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel Users: Pedals?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Easel Users: Pedals?
abmusic
I did some searching around the site but only found a couple posts about pedals for the Easel.

What kind of FX do you like to run your Easels through? I've mostly been in the box and only have a Big Sky--which is awesome. Starting to explore building a small collection of pedals to accent the overall sound of the Easel before getting into a DAW, rather than futzing around with FX after the fact.

Have been eyeing the Timeline since the Big Sky has proven so useful, but was curious how others approach the Easel with FX pedals. Thanks!
Drillionaire
I also have a BigSky which is hard not to run absolutely everything through.
Other than that I really like using the Malekko ekko 616 analog delay. It suits the timbre of the Easel really nicely.
I've also used an MXR Phase 90 and Chorus, which are great if I'm using the BigSky because then I can send the 100% dry signal from the easel into the phaser or chorus, and then send that processed signal into the BigSky.
weinglas
Easel with AdrenaLinn:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkhNaw_GsxQ

Easel with Korg KP Quad:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l2AFnImJyY

Easel with T-Rex Replicator:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7RmXhoNus
bcomnes
I'm with Weinglas on the Adrenalinn III, the sequencer section real makes a simple Easel patch come alive,

The Moog MURF is good second choice especially when used as a Send/Return effect.
studiokpg
I like the El Capistan for loopy stuff.
misa
Oh, the pedal question is s biggie.

For my 200e (the 208r isn't finished), I use a cathedral, a time factor (eventide), a moog delay, a jptrfx schwerkraft (fuzz), and a digitech timebender. Oh and a ehx 2880.

Most of these are big and heavy, bigger and heavier than I can tour with, so I'm trying to cut it down, I'll try out a tc hall of fame and flashback.

I need to become more portable...
filmersam
I wonder what those EHX Organ pedals sound like with the easel. Anyone tried?
Or the Ravish Sitar?
Acquadar
Wet neunaber reverb
TC Electronic D two. Can't live without a delay plus a reverb...
wsequeira
Been playing with a TC Electronic Triple Delay + Ditto2 chain, fantastic for all kinds of crazy.
woVERTICES
...Red Panda Granular Delay...completely screwy!!!
Best,
John
www.johnjpotter.com
nickbaba
Moog MF-101 into Strymon Blue Sky...

Love having an external filter on the Easel output...

SlayerBadger!
cleaninglady
I'm just finishing an Easel Build, as i've got some space in my Samsonite case, i'm thinking of dropping a 291 filter from J3RK in the panel space next to it above the power switch. Externally, EH DMM clone i just built.
bcomnes
Weinglas is right about that Adrenalinn III ....as it really adds to the Easel

Here's one with self driving Easel patch, Adrenalinn III preset 104 and spring reverb (will give your subwoofer a push)

the signal is a 1/16 note random filter & dotted 1/8 note delay. It adds a great moving tension subtext

Enjoy

[/s][s]https://soundcloud.com/baghead/planks[/s]
bcomnes
and fwiw here is a pic of the patch

jsheaucsb
Lately I've been getting very interesting things with the following:

Durham Electronics Mucho Boosto
Montreal Assembly CT5
MXR Carbon Copy
EH POG2
Strymon Blue Sky

Using the Easel's built in spring reverb ahead of this chain yields some very ambient and very bizarre textures.

Hope this helps!
abmusic
Leaning towards the El Cap I think. Really like some of the sounds I've heard with the Easel online.

Adrenalinn is probably the next one--some amazing stuff!

Any user specific experience with the El Cap and Easel?
analoglsd
abmusic wrote:

Currently using 2 El Cap's on the pedal board I use with the Easel. The Caps are going into a Boomerang III, right and left, so I can have different delay times on different sides, or delay on just one side, or using the Cap's in sound-on-sound mode with a different loop on each side. Not sure what you'd want to specifically know about using them with the Easel. Everything I've thrown through them sounds great.

Honestly, my pedal board was set-up for an ambient guitar project that I've set-aside for now, and the Easel has taken it over.

The chain is:
Boss volume pedal--->Boss Blues Driver(awesome with the Easel)--->MXR Phase 90--->Digitech Digiverb(stereo out)--->Line 6 DL4(stereo out)--->2x Strymon El Capistan---Boomerang III--->L-R Mixer
Ranstedt
wsequeira wrote:
Been playing with a TC Electronic Triple Delay + Ditto2 chain, fantastic for all kinds of crazy.

Would love to hear some examples if you have any available?
simolasco
What about the MF 104? That thing sounds nice!
abmusic
Thanks so much for the suggestions and awesome videos.

El Capistan should be here in a week or so Guinness ftw! hoping that + the Big Sky should get me where I need to go for awhile!
island
Strymon DIG applause
[s]http://soundcloud.com/insel/sets/dropdown[/s]
squank
I love the Big Sky as well and add ring mod afterwards...it sounds really amazing....
MindMachine
analoglsd wrote:
abmusic wrote:

Currently using 2 El Cap's on the pedal board I use with the Easel. The Caps are going into a Boomerang III, right and left, so I can have different delay times on different sides, or delay on just one side, or using the Cap's in sound-on-sound mode with a different loop on each side. Not sure what you'd want to specifically know about using them with the Easel. Everything I've thrown through them sounds great.

Honestly, my pedal board was set-up for an ambient guitar project that I've set-aside for now, and the Easel has taken it over.

The chain is:
Boss volume pedal--->Boss Blues Driver(awesome with the Easel)--->MXR Phase 90--->Digitech Digiverb(stereo out)--->Line 6 DL4(stereo out)--->2x Strymon El Capistan---Boomerang III--->L-R Mixer

Shameless self-promotion: I'll be performing with the Easel and this pedal board on October 1st at the Legionnaire in Oakland, CA

Do you have an older or new Blues Driver? That one has always interested me.
analoglsd
MindMachine wrote:

Do you have an older or new Blues Driver? That one has always interested me.

It's a newer Keeley modded one. I'll post a short sample of it with the Easel when I get back to the studio. It shreds.
analoglsd
Here's an audio clip with the Easel through the Boss Blues Driver pedal. The Blues Driver kicks in at about 9 sec. All of the sounds are the Easel, except the drum machine. The sounds before the Blues Driver definitely have the Strymon El Capistan on them.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/user-310906338/shred[/s]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2