MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko AD/LFO-v
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Malekko AD/LFO-v
Dirty_Bill
So then there's this:

Malekko AD/LFO-V

Anybody have one yet, seems they're shipping. I'm fonder of quadrature LFOs for the price but the voltage range is right!
nerdware
I'm waiting for a local (I.e. UK) shop to get one. Juno describe it as "Forthcoming", so that may happen soon. Everyone else has the non-video version.
Dirty_Bill
Looks like Control has it in NYC so it shouldn't be long.
wednesdayayay
oh good lord this looks great

maybe even a perfect pairing for the new brownshoes module
justscratch
wednesdayayay wrote:

perfect pairing for the new brownshoes module

was where my head was at
cskonopka
Anyone know how low the LFO goes?
Backroads
This looks cool. I was planning to get 2 of the bso triple lfos--i wonder how different these will be.

cue the "get both"
Dirty_Bill
cskonopka wrote:

No info on the website for weather the audio or video versions. Why do manufacturers do that? seriously, i just don't get it it does go '10x lower for slow modulations...'

Batumi goes 28 hours per cycle if you are looking for Ssssssssslllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww woah

Just gotta scale and bias. poo.

EDIT: FWIW, I asked Ben Davis over in the Euro thread for this module what the range is...
cskonopka
[quote="Dirty_Bill"]
cskonopka wrote:

Quote:
No info on the website for weather the audio or video versions. Why do manufacturers do that? seriously, i just don't get it it does go '10x lower for slow modulations...'

10x lower from what? Is WVG the baseline or the Pris?

Quote:
Batumi goes 28 hours per cycle if you are looking for Ssssssssslllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww woah

I want that supa dupa sloooooooOoOOoooOOoooowwWwww keed.
nerdware
Few people publish proper specs in the Euro world. I can understand omitting impedance - there are strong conventions for that - but voltage and frequency ranges can vary wildly and yet are rarely mentioned. waah Maybe this is why it took video to pull me into Euro.
wednesdayayay
isn't BSO coming out with an updated triple LFO at some point?
spacenoodle
I'm just getting started with video. Despite the added cost, if I already have a lot of mod sources, wouldn't it be more effective to get a couple of Passage modules to modulate the Cortex?
nerdware
Passive attenuators would be cheaper, for general modulation sources. Save the Passage for video signals.
nickciontea
Backroads wrote:
This looks cool. I was planning to get 2 of the bso triple lfos--i wonder how different these will be.

cue the "get both"

there will be differences. The LFO will be easier for quick frequency jumps and quick access for manual tweaking.

For me the AD/LFO will be great for get really long decays triggered out of the AFD or Sensory Translator. Something I've been missing since my very first envelope follower with adjustable decay.
arbito
I wonder if each lfo has a led indicator like the standard audio version. hmmm.....
Dirty_Bill
arbito wrote:
I wonder if each lfo has a led indicator like the standard audio version. hmmm.....

Seems like the same module, just different components on the output to scale the voltage range.

I just looked at the manual for the audio version which is posted on the malekko site, and it doesn't have ranges or tell how to enable the advanced page features.

I'd be tempted to just order one, but I already have 16 LFOs Dead Banana
arbito
Dirty_Bill wrote:
arbito wrote:

I'd be tempted to just order one, but I already have 16 LFOs Dead Banana

Nooooooooo! MY ASS IS BLEEDING

I mean, yessssssss! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Dirty_Bill
This just in on the audio version thread: New Malekko 6X looping A/D
nickciontea
yup gonna need one of those! I really need to expand out of 12u. I've got too much lying unsused :(
wednesdayayay
I just started thinking well you know I could always put together little skiff for my MVIP... the creep has begun
arbito
wednesdayayay wrote:
I just started thinking well you know I could always put together little skiff for my MVIP... the creep has begun

I've justified the creep with, "I don't want to take all my audio modules to a live gig..." New case! Dead Banana Dead Banana
cskonopka
Anyone snipe this yet? Checked out the recommended thread and no ranges yet. Dead Banana
Dirty_Bill
Lowest frequency is 30 seconds per cycle(3sec x10 switch). Upper range is 40hz. I just asked Ben....
arbito
Does it matter if the gate input signal is 1v or 5v? I'm guessing this module's input is expecting 1v? Since gates are a square shape, clipping isn't an issue?
nerdware
So far, I've only gated it with the Sensory Translator, but I doubt 5v will be a problem. As you suggest, a clipped square wave will still be a square wave.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2