MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Engineering Sinc Iter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Noise Engineering Sinc Iter
teknobryan
Anybody tried this yet? I can only find one small example online, and no manual. It's got like a phased unison sort of thing that seems interesting.
wmctavishnusic
Haven't tried it, but I'm really hoping some demos start surfacing. Seems pretty cool in a small package.
mharpum
Anything by NE will be ace! Loving their stuff atm.
mdoudoroff
There’s a brief demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmmShVekt6c

Looks promising.
Anechoic
Installed it in my travel case - perfect small HP that provides ample of Noise Engineering timbre. Goes from pretty mellow smooth to wave folded ripples. Haven't yet explored the phasing capabilities.
In the video below it is providing the soft hand-pan'ish looping sound, with the occasional dialing up of the morphing knob.

Seeding

post in Your Tunes Here thread

mdoudoroff
Lovely track, Anechoic!
far
mdoudoroff wrote:
Lovely track, Anechoic!

Yeah, that was nice
Anechoic
Thanks! Testing all was in order with the travel case before bringing it with me on holiday smile
Very happy with the Sinc Iter addition!
maudibe
Super track Anechoic.... love it. Now you have made me want another module.... applause
wmctavishnusic
Gorgeous, Anechoic!
Sinamsis
I posted this in other Sinc Iter thread. Not musical by any means, but just twiddling through the different parameters:

greenanother
Sinamsis wrote:
I posted this in other Sinc Iter thread. Not musical by any means, but just twiddling through the different parameters:

Nice demo! I see by your iwatch that you almost completed your activity and workout goals; was a good day! hihi
Sinamsis
greenanother hahahahaha. I always think about that when I make these stupid videos. I also am constantly hoping that my wife doesn't send me some stupid message, or hasn't put something inappropriate in our calendar. So far so good. And I went on a long run before the video haha.
Sinamsis
Oh, and I have another one of the new Basimilus Iterates Alter on my YouTube. Plan on doing one for the LI as well in the near future. I've kinda gone bonkers with Noise Engineering stuff in the past few weeks. Really promising modules.
greenanother
Sinamsis wrote:
Oh, and I have another one of the new Basimilus Iterates Alter on my YouTube. Plan on doing one for the LI as well in the near future. I've kinda gone bonkers with Noise Engineering stuff in the past few weeks. Really promising modules.

Ha! Nice! Mr. Green I've been on a NE kick as well. Basimilus modulated by Frames is sick; like having a complete drum kit in one module! Would upload a video, but not really sure how to do it "right" (as in not an iphone video).
Sinamsis
greenanother wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:

Ha! Nice! Mr. Green I've been on a NE kick as well. Basimilus modulated by Frames is sick; like having a complete drum kit in one module! Would upload a video, but not really sure how to do it "right" (as in not an iphone video).

Yup. Plan on using my Bastl CV Trinity with both the Sinc Iter and BI to do some Elektron P locking sort of stuff. I have to figure out how to use the CV Trinity first haha.
phosfiend
greenanother wrote:

Rad, I do this too, it's bananas. Not a 'real' vid, and captured with an iPhone mic, but voila:

http://instagram.com/p/BBxqkPVlZrb/
greenanother
phosfiend wrote:
greenanother wrote:

Rad, I do this too, it's bananas. Not a 'real' vid, and captured with an iPhone mic, but voila:

http://instagram.com/p/BBxqkPVlZrb/

That's the shiz I'm "referring" to, lol. Fun! w00t
autopoiesis
This really has a lot of tricks up its sleeve for 4HP -- I'm especially impressed by the sound of the Super mode, and by the quartertone quantizer. Somehow it manages to cover much more than a subset of the LI's timbral range. Not sure there's another module out there that offers as much tonal variety in so little space
Sinamsis
Special request. Comparison of Dixie to basic waveforms of Sinc Iter:

dash80
^ Great comparison. Thank you!
autopoiesis
Thanks for that! It seems the Dixie puts out a slightly hotter signal than the SI, and based on my subjective comparison at Control of how they each sound through a Polaris, the Dixie came out sounding a bit more "3D," and it took better to pre-filter overdrive. That said, as usual, in a mix and with some compression, this is all moot. And the SI clearly proves its worth in the wavefolded, phasey VCO cluster, and noise timbres it's also capable of.
Sinamsis
autopoiesis wrote:
Thanks for that! It seems the Dixie puts out a slightly hotter signal than the SI, and based on my subjective comparison at Control of how they each sound through a Polaris, the Dixie came out sounding a bit more "3D," and it took better to pre-filter overdrive. That said, as usual, in a mix and with some compression, this is all moot. And the SI clearly proves its worth in the wavefolded, phasey VCO cluster, and noise timbres it's also capable of.

Yeah I tried to match levels but the saw and square definitely are louder. Not sure if it's just the design of the Dixie or my unit. I flipped through the different waveforms of the Sinc iter to show the volume is pretty uniform. If I had matched the levels of both square waves, I think you'd be saying the sine on the Dixie is more quiet. I actually tried to attenuate the Dixie a little in the middle of the video to compensate a little but it was still louder.

In terms of 3Dness of the sound, I imagine you're hearing the minor irregularities that come with an analog oscillator. When you actually match the levels it sounds pretty close. In the mix I think you would never know.

They're different beasts all together. My take away is the Sinc Iter does fairly convincing analog waveforms. Not the same as a true analog oscillator. It shines in other places. But it's certainly passable. And the continuous morphing is icing on the cake.
autopoiesis
So I'm pretty sure that noise mode + sync on this thing sounds like what being involuntary dosed with a piperazine feels like. Best way I can describe it FUUUCCKKKK!!!

It's also pretty interesting to sync and PM it while in the phasey super mode and with the coarse tuning set near LFO ranges. I could see two of these working really well together as a different flavor of Loquelic but with no less range.
pugix
autopoiesis wrote:

From the Sync Iter manual: Pressing and holding PITCH for two seconds will toggle the pitch-based amplitude compensation.

Was the comparison done with this feature switched off? Otherwise higher pitches will be lowered in amplitude in proportion to the energy of the waveform (I think).

Edit: Yes I have a Sync Iter!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3