MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2hp
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author 2hp
bhmcc
Didn't see a thread for these guys. Anyone know anything about them?

Guess tiny is the new black.

http://www.twohp.com/
exper
Woah. Someone of those are pretty useful. Cheap too.
apfEID
This is ambitious, and welcome.

My practical concern is power consumption and power cable management in a system that has more of these than jacks on the power supply, but that can be overcome. My system right now is right on the edge where I am using every jack in the enclave case so I have to be clever about what goes in and comes out when I change it up.
exper
apfEID wrote:
This is ambitious, and welcome.

My practical concern is power consumption and power cable management in a system that has more of these than jacks on the power supply, but that can be overcome. My system right now is right on the edge where I am using every jack in the enclave case so I have to be clever about what goes in and comes out when I change it up.

I think the point to these are filling in, not necessarily making a full system of them.

Even their demo video shows them spaced apart with black panels...
enj_music
Filter looks pretty crazy
apfEID
exper wrote:

I think the point to these are filling in, not necessarily making a full system of them.

Yeah, I get that but my system has a bunch of large modules (verbos multistage, vca matrix, DPO, etc) and a bunch of 4 hp modules (and some in between) and I already find it a bit of a tricky balance to not need more than the ports on my power supply. A clever way to chain low power, thin modules is something I'd throw money at, is what I'm hinting at I suppose.
exper
apfEID wrote:
exper wrote:

Yeah, I get that but my system has a bunch of large modules (verbos multistage, vca matrix, DPO, etc) and a bunch of 4 hp modules (and some in between) and I already find it a bit of a tricky balance to not need more than the ports on my power supply. A clever way to chain low power, thin modules is something I'd throw money at, is what I'm hinting at I suppose.

Gotcha. Circuit abbey makes this in 2 and 4 header cables:

http://www.ctrl-mod.com/products/quad-chain-cable
bhmcc
I was just comparing to the 2hp Qu-Bit modules...

The oscillators seem to be identical in features and price.

However, the ENV vs the EON is a different story as the EON adds noise, random gates and a square wave oscillator at the same price.
Varthdader
Very much in the same vein as the Eon.

Where are they made?

How many poles does the filter have?
bhmcc
Can't find any info on where they are made, but it would appear they are a US company.

The modules are already listed on the PCA site, but not in stock yet.

No idea on the filter...not much technical detail on the website.
fever606
I'm not one for pre-ordering, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that LFO module... that might come in really handy!
handsomepanther
these are great!
loving the simple straightforward designs!
DMR
bhmcc wrote:
I was just comparing to the 2hp Qu-Bit modules...

The oscillators seem to be identical in features and price.

However, the ENV vs the EON is a different story as the EON adds noise, random gates and a square wave oscillator at the same price.

The design between these and the Qu-Bit are so similar, I wonder if this might be some sort of Qu-Bit spinoff brand.
Varthdader
I wonder if these low hp and low $ (relatively speaking) could open up polyphony in Euro?
Zymos
Just emailed them- they say they will ship next Fri. the 8th.

Description of the filter doesn't seem to match up with the picture- there is no CV in for resonance, but they say "Cutoff and resonance control with associated CV inputs."

Think I may order an LFO....
bhmcc
Zymos wrote:

Description of the filter doesn't seem to match up with the picture- there is no CV in for resonance, but they say "Cutoff and resonance control with associated CV inputs."

I agree this is a bit misleading.
dysonant
Varthdader wrote:
I wonder if these low hp and low $ (relatively speaking) could open up polyphony in Euro?

A 4 voice poly using only these modules would run about $5,000, not including any random or LFO. It would be about 40hp

4x OSC
4x FILT
8x ENV
4x NSE (for VCA duties)

Seems to me that the ratio of saving $ would cross over pretty fast. 4 ENV = @ $600
Zymos
dysonant wrote:
Varthdader wrote:

A 4 voice poly using only these modules would run about $5,000, not including any random or LFO. It would be about 40hp

4x OSC
4x FILT
8x ENV
4x NSE (for VCA duties)

Seems to me that the ratio of saving $ would cross over pretty fast. 4 ENV = @ $600

20 X $150 = $3000
Varthdader
What about power needs? Are these tiny int his respect or do we save hp only?
bhmcc
The modules that show the power specs are all as follows:

60 mA +12V, 10 mA -12V
mdoudoroff
Zymos wrote:

20 X $150 = $3000

MATHS!

lol
onurkalaycioglu
Was literally working on the circuit board design for a 2hp svf that has the same exact panel layout today. Damn simultaneous invention, or I guess they beat me to it. All the Modules look great though.
L.C.O.
exper wrote:
Woah. Someone of those are pretty useful. Cheap too.

I don't think $150 is cheap.

(For context, Ladik modules are cheap.)
atrostor
They have an S+H module in the home page banner. That's not listed under modules. Looks like they have other modules in the works.
richard
Clock Divider please, with interesting divisions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 1 of 18