MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MengQiMusic DU-KRPLS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author MengQiMusic DU-KRPLS
The Illuminaire
This looks righteous!

ModularGrid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mengqimusic-du-krpls

It appears they added a Pitch CV. Mr. Green
L.C.O.
I can't find out anywhere if this is at all different from the regular Karp, aside from the panel re-design...

(my Karp has pitch CV BTW)
The Illuminaire
L.C.O. wrote:
I can't find out anywhere if this is at all different from the regular Karp, aside from the panel re-design...

I must've overlooked that when I was initially checking out the Karp. Looking at both side-by-side now, I can't see any difference on the surface short of the aesthetic and name change.
Warpsmasher
I love the smaller knobs, but still like the original blue panel the best.

Quote:
a collaboration between Detroit Underground and MengQiMusic
L.C.O.
The Illuminaire wrote:
L.C.O. wrote:

I must've overlooked that when I was initially checking out the Karp. Looking at both side-by-side now, I can't see any difference on the surface short of the aesthetic and name change.

Right.

I just wonder if the firmware had been altered for this new edition.

(He has altered the original Karp firmware once, so, not entirely impossible)
RyanDais
are there any good video demos of this?
acgenerator
I'm in the same boat with everyone else.

Maybe zilaihong can answer?
RecycleYourPets
L.C.O. wrote:

Right.

im curious myself as I already have a karp, but from instagram -

sun_shine_lover Is very dope and different flavor from the Karp

mengqimusic Different firmware, different sound. Yes, I have sold a few of these at TFoM! wink @sun_shine_lover Thank you!!!
The Illuminaire
RecycleYourPets wrote:
L.C.O. wrote:

Right.

mengqimusic Different firmware, different sound. Yes, I have sold a few of these at TFoM! wink @sun_shine_lover Thank you!!!

Thanks for the update, man!

This sounds promising, however little we may currently know.
Footkerchief
Do the knobs still turn into attenuators with CV patched instead of staying offsets? If so, that's a dealbreaker for me, like many people in the other Karp thread.
L.C.O.
RecycleYourPets wrote:
L.C.O. wrote:

Right.

hmmm.
inwould love to hear this new version.

unfortunately Karp does not have an audio firmware update system, so to get firmware changed, you need to get the ne IC from Meng Qi. I got the new Karp firmware in the mail like that. Not hugely expensive, but I don't think i would want to swap yet again... unless of course the new thing sounds amazing :-)
cliffemu
Footkerchief wrote:
Do the knobs still turn into attenuators with CV patched instead of staying offsets? If so, that's a dealbreaker for me, like many people in the other Karp thread.

Thanks for being the one to ask this Mr. Green
Footkerchief
cliffemu wrote:

When I first got into modular I thought people were crazy for caring about this, and now look at me.
ideasculptor
Footkerchief wrote:
cliffemu wrote:

When I first got into modular I thought people were crazy for caring about this, and now look at me.

I understand the argument, but I'm still at the point where I put up with it. For those who consider it a dealbreaker, what is your desired fix? More knobs or are you happy attenuating externally?
Jalopy
anybody get there hands on this yet?
adnauseam
Footkerchief wrote:
cliffemu wrote:

I've found this to be a horrible design issue.

With knobs staying as offsets it's easy to throw an attenuator on the incoming signal and you've got lots of control. As soon as the knobs turn into Attenuators now you need both an offset and an attenuator on the incoming signal to make the magic come out.

Maybe there are situations where switching knobs to Attenuators makes sense but I haven't found one yet. This would likely be a deal breaker for me, too.
Jalopy
Jalopy wrote:

Bump!
stikygum
Anyone have any clips of this module? Curious what kind of different it is to the Karp.
Accent
I'm really interested in grabbing a couple of these, but it would be nice to know if the attenuation issue has been addressed.
djhyperspace
Looks dope
fever606
Jalopy wrote:
Jalopy wrote:

Bump!

Mine came in today and I am in glitch beat heaven! I have it getting assaulted with the DU-RDT and things are just unreal! Maybe later I'll sit down and give it a proper going-through to figure out what else it has up its sleeve...

stikygum wrote:
Anyone have any clips of this module? Curious what kind of different it is to the Karp.

sun_shine_lover on Instagram has quite a few. I'll be posting some as well... I see the KRPLS getting featured heavily in my stuff for (at least) the near future...

Accent wrote:
I'm really interested in grabbing a couple of these, but it would be nice to know if the attenuation issue has been addressed.

Stated in the other thread and re-iterated in the manual on Meng Qi's site, the pots still act as attenuators...

djhyperspace wrote:
Looks dope

Is dope! This is fun!
qfactor
Regarding this module, I just helped a friend who bought one to figure out why his doesn't work.
He emailed Meng Qi who graciously sent him a replacement and still he couldn't get it to work! sad banana

What happened was when triggered, the trigger led would light up in tempo with the trigger clock but rather dim. This made me suspect that the trigger signal may be too weak to trigger it off, so I boosted the clock via some amplification and low and behold, it started triggering!!
What makes it strange was I used a Barton clock module to clock the KRPLS as well as tried a Doepfer LFO to clock it. Both of which didn't work until I boosted it with an amp module! I would think that,at least the Doepfer would have enough "kick" to trigger it off, but seems nothing could (unless boosted with an amp!)

My question is did anyone here encounter the same issues described above? And does anyone know which resistor could be decreased to make the module more sensitive to being clocked? seriously, i just don't get it
tenshun
qfactor wrote:
Regarding this module, I just helped a friend who bought one to figure out why his doesn't work.
He emailed Meng Qi who graciously sent him a replacement and still he couldn't get it to work! sad banana

What happened was when triggered, the trigger led would light up in tempo with the trigger clock but rather dim. This made me suspect that the trigger signal may be too weak to trigger it off, so I boosted the clock via some amplification and low and behold, it started triggering!!
What makes it strange was I used a Barton clock module to clock the KRPLS as well as tried a Doepfer LFO to clock it. Both of which didn't work until I boosted it with an amp module! I would think that,at least the Doepfer would have enough "kick" to trigger it off, but seems nothing could (unless boosted with an amp!)

My question is did anyone here encounter the same issues described above? And does anyone know which resistor could be decreased to make the module more sensitive to being clocked? seriously, i just don't get it

i have the same problem as well but i have the Karp with the updated pcb and firmware.
i was thinking that the updated pcb would fix it but i did not.

Certain modules cant trigger the karp. i can see the trigger LED in the karp reading the trigger but no sound is being outputed.

if anyone knows how to fix that it would be awesome!
djhyperspace
Is dope. Now it's probably working. Narly
richardisabelle
I have Karp, and Pico SEQ will not trigger it, but Zularic Repetitor and Wogglebug will. Triggers from BSP works as well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2