MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Beyond the Patch: a podcast about modular synthesizers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Beyond the Patch: a podcast about modular synthesizers
Beyond the Patch
Hello wigglers! Beyond the Patch Episode 1 - Modular Synthesizer Overview! is finally up on our website:
http://beyondthepatch.net/
http://beyondthepatch.net/rss
https://www.patreon.com/beyondthepatch

Beyond the Patch is an audio podcast about synthesizers: modular and otherwise hosted by Karl Vorndran (Rubber City Noise) and Jon Sonnenberg (Travelogue.) Each episode we talk about techniques, theory, history, and gear relating to synthesizers and electronic music. We aim for this podcast to help and inform both beginners and enthusiasts alike.

We are starting as a monthly audio only podcast but would love to have weekly episodes with video as well. However, that requires more hosting and more gear. Once we get more established, we will expand with more frequent episodes and video.

Regular episode segments include:

Patch of the Day
Module Review
Experimedia Track of the Week
Synthesize This! Sound challenge.
Breaking Patch Habits
Patch in 60 Seconds
Interviews
And much more!

The first episode is a general overview that that also feature some segments that will be recurring. Time stamps are included for those only interested in certain segments. Be sure to check out our Synthesize This patch challenge at the end of the episode! Send all entries to beyondthepatch@gmail.com.

Please give us feedback and be sure to share with your friends!
kf6gpe
Fantastic. Will subscribe tomorrow --- can't wait! applause
Lowgritt
awesome project looking forward to checking it out!!
Snail
Sweet! Listening right now. Hope you guys make the transition to include videos also. For obvious reasons, it's very helpful in explaining patches... at least to me.
shamann
I enjoyed this first episode, looking forward to see where you take it.
kf6gpe
Fantastic job. Made my morning commute much, much better. Can't wait for the next episode.
Beyond the Patch
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am excited to hear what everyone submits for the Synthesize This! challenge.
djhyperspace
Will check later!!
Hovercraft
Enjoyed this--very well-produced. Was afraid the whole show was going to be a basic introduction, but it picked up after the first part. Would love to see more time spent on patching methods. Not quite as interested in the module buying guide stuff--that seems to well-covered from other sources. Also liked the song of the week--maybe spend a bit more time discussing the artist and style. Subscribed and waiting for the next episode.

BTW, for the challenge--was the sound you played synthesized or from a field recording? Thought it was a recording, but my car stereo stinks. Will be submitting a wave, though.
ben_hex
This is great! Liking the different segments. I'd agree the buying guide is covered elsewhere but it's certainly not off putting. Looking forward to the second episode.
hallvard
Great - been looking for more modular podcasts!
Riggar
Like it. Well done all. Have subscribed - keep up the good work
101010oxo
Great Podcast! Really enjoyed it thumbs up
Beyond the Patch
Hovercraft wrote:
Enjoyed this--very well-produced. Was afraid the whole show was going to be a basic introduction, but it picked up after the first part. Would love to see more time spent on patching methods. Not quite as interested in the module buying guide stuff--that seems to well-covered from other sources. Also liked the song of the week--maybe spend a bit more time discussing the artist and style. Subscribed and waiting for the next episode.

BTW, for the challenge--was the sound you played synthesized or from a field recording? Thought it was a recording, but my car stereo stinks. Will be submitting a wave, though.

Thanks for the feedback! The introduction is the hardest part. We didn't want to jump in too far, but didn't want to be too basic. We are working on the 2nd episode. It will go much deeper for the main topic. There will be lots of interesting stuff in this episode but I don't want to spoil it!

The module/gear review/feature will be reworked to be tied to a patch or main topic more than the 1st episode. We will keep tweaking it and take into consideration feedback we get.

The 2nd episode being recording and we will working on the next track with a more in depth discussion. and background for the artist.

The Synthesize This! challenge was not a field recording, it was done live with our condenser mics. The distortion you hear is coming from the object itself. We are very excited to see what people come up with!

Thanks again for listening and sending constructive feedback. It will only get better I promise!

-Karl
prae
nice, can't wait to check this out!
bonjourmyfriends
Just started listening. Will the intro music be something different each time or is that a theme song? It's good! No idea what the time signature is. lol

I'm into the patch of the day now and all the music sounds cool so far!
m0d
Beyond the Patch wrote:

http://beyondthepatch.net/rss

For those wishing to subscribe via the Podcasts app for iOS, the above URL works perfectly.
Sideshow
Great work! I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode.
Don't know about your plans, but it will be appreciated with not only eurorack-talk (not that you did) but I think you get the point..
Abyssinianloop
I took a stab at the "synthesize this" challenge, but all those resinating undertones… i couldnt get it. Fun trying though. Maybe I'll have better luck guessing the object—a Tibetan meditation bowl?
plutino
Great podcast! Looking forward to episode two. I'm definitely on the beginner side and felt this was a good balance of semi-basic and and in-depth details. I was happy to learn about the Sync on the dixie II that I had overlooked before. Love the challenge too.
Badwhite
Ah! I need a new podcast to listn to and this will be perfect! Thank you! smile
hellfeatures
also enjoyed episode 1.. looking forward to see where you're taking it next
tylrprtr
I've never been a podcast guy, but I gave this a listen and I was completely engaged throughout! Congrats on a successful launch guys, can't wait to hear episode 2!
Worwell
Well done guys. Good information, nice review of the Dixie and strong track from Venetian Snares. Looking forward to more.
Mr. Roboto
Thanks, just subscribed. applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2