MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mimetic Sequent
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Mimetic Sequent
ldd23
I saw this show up on the Noise Engineering site:

http://www.noiseengineering.us/mimetic-sequent

Has anybody played with it? It looks like it may be something like the Turing Machine?
mdoudoroff
I don’t think it’s shipping yet, but it’s intriguing.
adnauseam
ldd23 wrote:
I saw this show up on the Noise Engineering site:

http://www.noiseengineering.us/mimetic-sequent

Has anybody played with it? It looks like it may be something like the Turing Machine?

could be. Or it could be a quantizer with cv recording AND preset patterns, with multiple additional parts, and a random knob that adds variation.

Looks fun! I've liked other NE stuff thus far.
Zymos
5c/5p/2p?? seriously, i just don't get it
jschussler
Any new rumors or experience here? Looks interesting, sorta like the Brain Seed, but I see nothing on either their web site nor YouTube that sheds any light on how it works....
GryphonP3
According to the new NAMM video, it lets you load up your three patterns and go to your gig.
davidjames
Zymos wrote:
5c/5p/2p?? seriously, i just don't get it

Steve showed me this at MiM. If I understand correctly, it's the range and random algorithm. 2p is 2V (2octaves), 5p is 5V and 5c might be -5 to +5. The 'p' modes will select new random values which are melodically related to the overall loop. The knob limits the selections from "safe" notes (fifths and octaves) to totally random.
omiindustriies
cool module from noise engineering as usual
rustyjaw
This module is one of the coolest from this year's NAMM, IMO.
TheSolenoids
Agreed. This is one that makes me go Hmmmm....
maltemark
So it's a bit like a simple conditional cv remix module?
rustyjaw
Since the video doesn't seem to be linked here, this is it, he goes over the Mimetic Sequent starting at 4:56

asteraster
dang - i didn't see a lot of talk abt NE's stuff in the NAMM threads but they have a ton of cool stuff. the sequencer at the end of that video looks killer.
bgcriswell
There's also this video (as well as a bunch of others) on their instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPdo-7eDt5L/
rustyjaw
I see these are shipping now, anyone have one yet? I'm very interested in this module. I've been wanting 64-step sequencer, and while this isn't strictly that, it does record and playback 64 step sequences with controllable randomization. If I'm not mistaken it can hold 3 64 step sequences and either switch between them, or, with the expander, output all 3 simultaneously.

I've been thinking this would be a great combo with the Stillson Hammer MkII, to extend it's 16 steps, and add evolving randomization.
rustyjaw
Well I ordered one, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I was happy to see that outside of it's CV recording duties, it essentially acts like a more controllable Turing Machine. It may end up replacing my v1 TM.
what gives?
rustyjaw wrote:
Well I ordered one, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I was happy to see that outside of it's CV recording duties, it essentially acts like a more controllable Turing Machine. It may end up replacing my v1 TM.

Please keep us posted! I'd love to hear how the cv pitch generation sounds.
StringEmil
Yes please very much - was originally planning a Turing Machine + expanders but this looks really intriguing!
mattsb
I just bought a 2HP TM and love it.. And now I see this..

Goodness on goodness.

I'm esp curious to see a demo of the recording feature. I found the Noise Engineering video a bit cryptic.
gonkulator
I just got the pair, and they are really fun. You can turn out random sequences up to 64 steps. You can limit this with the Measure input. So, if my input to the Beat is 2x clock and my input to the Measure is /16, it will have 32 steps. I can get three identical sequences going by generating one, locking it (ccw, as opposed to the TM cw?) pushing Duplicate, then select one sequence and do some randomizing, then select another, etc. I haven't even started using the gates or record yet.
anosou
It perplexes and angers me that there's not more hype about this genius module. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
interpolate
How similar is this to the Brainseed from antimatter?
gonkulator
interpolate wrote:
How similar is this to the Brainseed from antimatter?

I haven't used Brain Seed, but they do share some of the CV recording. I still haven't recorded anything with Memetic yet. However, Memetic will also generate random Sequences as well as record outside CV. Not a very thorough answer, I admit.
interpolate
gonkulator wrote:
However, Memetic will also generate random Sequences as well as record outside CV.

Ah cool, yeah the Brain Seed can also generate random melodies if its not being fed an input.
gonkulator
interpolate wrote:
gonkulator wrote:
However, Memetic will also generate random Sequences as well as record outside CV.

Ah cool, yeah the Brain Seed can also generate random melodies if its not being fed an input.

Well, there you go, I know even less about the Brain Seed than I thought.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3