MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wiard with midi and other cv converters?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Wiard with midi and other cv converters?

KoryB

Hi,
I'm really being pulled towards Wiard synths. The tone, Borg filters and build quality are very, very attractive.

Can someone please tell me what their cv scaling is? Is it 10v per octave like eurorack or is it its own thing like Buchla?

Do they sell their own midi converter?

Thanks!!![/list]

chamomileshark

hi, it's 1 volt per octave surely - it puts out 10v (or more) but the scaling is the "standard".

I use mine with a Kenton Pro 2000 (that handles two synths). I've tried polyphonic with it but couldn't get it to work - it should and others have got it working - it might have been the controller I was using at the time). I just use it for pitch and gate but with the Kenton you can have other things like aftertouch, velocity sensitivity etc.

KoryB

Thanks!

So, I can use a eurorack sequencer with a Wiard system?

chamomileshark

I would think so. Only thing to watch for is the gate/ trigger level - I can't remember what it is for Wiard as I set it a long time ago on the Pro 2000.

If you e-mail Cary you will get better the absolute info

chamomileshark

oh, saw your second question - no I don't think there is a midi converter they do but you don't really need it as there are so many third party options.

davidh

use mine frequently with eurorack no trouble until now
but I don't have the envelator yet

KoryB

davidh wrote:
use mine frequently with eurorack no trouble until now
but I don't have the envelator yet

Thanks!

I'm hoping to get a Wiard synth and control it with a DSI pro 2.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1