MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Filters
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Filters
zerosum
Not another vanilla thread lol
This is another thread that will have more in it later and will then gain its value lol

I gotta say I am bored with Low Pass Filters,
I dont see myself getting a bunch of them in my setup,
So ill list of my Filter lusts at the moment, which so far I dont think i would be needing anymore filters after these, theres plenty of other modules to buy.

-Wiard BORG
Id like to somehow get one before its gone for Frac format,
that would fit in with my "dream synth" thats actually "the one" filter i want.
-Blacet Filthy Filtre
Very curious 8)
More than likely that will be the first frac filter i buy.

-Frostwave Resonator
If i miss out on the BORG, than this will be "the one."
However there will still be a Filthy Filtre.

-Metasonix TM-6
This isnt something that I need like the others listed above,
However this will make a nice addition later on, Im more interested in using it will my guitars than with my modular, although it will of course get used on everything imaginable when i get one 8)

Thats it. Thats my Filter list,I love filters but i dont need a whole bunch of them like I do LFO's,oscilators,and "specialty modules."

I will probly post interesting filter findings and eagerly read up on what other filters people use and find interesting and hopefully get to hear some cool filter sounds and demos here too...
Post away 8)

Now Im a gear addict, so its more than likely that i will get more filters on my list, but the filthy and BORG ar what I really really really want/need.
felix
zerosum wrote:
-Frostwave Resonator

I have one of these, it's great! The resonant high pass is particularly useful in tone shaping. It also makes a great little "dirty box" as the input level has what sounds like a +4dB boost or so above unity.

My favorite "trick" with it is to run a kick drum (or full kit) through it and set the HP to a high resonance and tune it to the lowest part of the kick and do the same with the low pass but a little higher in frequency than the HP is set to. Then pull the mix to ~75%, adjust input level to taste and you have huge drums! grin

It's also my go-to bass guitar DI.
zerosum
felix wrote:
zerosum wrote:
-Frostwave Resonator

I have one of these, it's great! The resonant high pass is particularly useful in tone shaping. It also makes a great little "dirty box" as the input level has what sounds like a +4dB boost or so above unity.

My favorite "trick" with it is to run a kick drum (or full kit) through it and set the HP to a high resonance and tune it to the lowest part of the kick and do the same with the low pass but a little higher in frequency than the HP is set to. Then pull the mix to ~75%, adjust input level to taste and you have huge drums! grin

It's also my go-to bass guitar DI.

CV for everything too! smile
It would be nice to have a filter that doesnt take up rack space,
However Im running out of outlets too so.....
I love the sounds i have heard from it, and i love my Sonic Alienator,
so i would like to have a pair of Frostwaves on my desk!

However If i get the BORG, I wouldnt need the Resonator anymore smile
felix
I do wish it had CV control of the mix knob...but that's my only grievance with it (and a small one at that).

MS-20 filters are very cool and unique sounding, so wether you end up with the BORG or the Resonator, you will be pleased!
felix
FYI, Resonator on ebay right now.
zerosum
felix wrote:
FYI, Resonator on ebay right now.

Hey thanks grin I really appreciate that you took the time to let me know about that, I like it when people to that grin

I bought it!

I noticed that bigcitymusic upped their prices a little and I check ebay pretty often, however that one wasnt there last time i checked and as cheap as it is theres a good chance that it wouldnt have been there the next time I checked, so thanks again!

woo hoo!
felix
zerosum wrote:
Hey thanks grin I really appreciate that you took the time to let me know about that, I like it when people to that grin

No problem at all. I have all these eBay RSS feeds for different things (this one came up by chance because it had MS-20 in the name) so it was simply a matter of posting it.
zerosum wrote:
I bought it!

Awesome! It was at a very good price. You're going to really dig it.

zerosum wrote:
I noticed that bigcitymusic upped their prices a little and I check ebay pretty often, however that one wasnt there last time i checked and as cheap as it is theres a good chance that it wouldnt have been there the next time I checked, so thanks again!
woo hoo!

Yeah, as the dollar get weaker (compared to euro or AU dollar in this case) prices on foreign made gear will keep climbing little by little. :(
zerosum
http://www.schippmann-musik.de/ebbeundflut.html

There's the Limousine of filters.
jeezzzz 8)
and $$$$$$$$$$$$$

but very 8) 8) grin
zerosum
The Frostwave Resonator arrived today.
I really like this thing a lot, Im very happy I got it 8)

Ran some sequences through it using it as a sine wave osc,
ran some guitar through it, had some VFM into it, some evolver, some yellow,
Its great! Need to run some drums through it just for the hell of it.
Very cool unit, its cute,its blue,its alive,its squelchy, it looks cool with the yellow boxes 8)

I've got quite the the little family going on here:
2 frostwaves
2 E-13's(soon to be much more)
2 Metasonix(soon to be more)
2 Korgs(z1,ER-1)

must have atleast twos of everything lol
Im sleepy, goodnight.
Muff Wiggler
i got a Bananalogue LPFA used on Analogue Haven two nights ago 8)
zerosum
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i got a Bananalogue LPFA used on Analogue Haven two nights ago 8)

grin
Right on!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1