MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NLC Sloth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author NLC Sloth
sbmani
Hi all,
I'm quite new to eurorack and just picked up a used NLC Sloth. I really wanted something to start of a chaotic chain of events and get that super slow modulation over minutes; I'm looking around for samples of what people have done with it and there shockingly not a lot on youtube.

Anyone here used for some pure noise chaos?? Looking forward to seeing some example patches
andrewF
this one is all Sloth controlled -

n167tx
nice
EarlJemmings
I'll just say that I've got a super and regular sloth and use them in pretty much every patch- really great for opening vcas to feedback paths, changing some timbre/distortion, all that.
The 6 most recent tracks on my soundcloud (see sig) use sloth somewhere in there.
gis_sweden
I recently received 2 x Sloth pcb and panel (thanks Andrew).
I’m waiting for some other pcbs then I will start order components.
Guess LFOs more seldom are mentioned. It’s just an LFO…
I will make them both regular.
drsm79
I've been using the Sloth to pick the channel on a Radio Music. It's nice, keeps you in one place for a while then goes through a bunch of "channels" before settling down again.
gis_sweden
@drsm79 Nice. Well I do not have a Radio Music.
Maybe we can get some more usage tips?
Patching with Sloth…

(Now I have received
the other pcbs hyper
and have to sit down
order components!)
Worwell
Just picked up a used Sloth. Can someone tell me the function of the knob? Is it an attenuater? Thanks in advance.
andrewF
Worwell wrote:
Just picked up a used Sloth. Can someone tell me the function of the knob? Is it an attenuater? Thanks in advance.

Not an attenuator, it changes the chaotic pattern. At some settings the signals will spend more time in one strange attractor than the other.
On the Super Sloth, it would take about 1-2 hours before you could notice any difference. Stasis: a day or so hihi
Worwell
andrewF wrote:
Worwell wrote:

Not an attenuator, it changes the chaotic pattern. At some settings the signals will spend more time in one strange attractor than the other.
On the Super Sloth, it would take about 1-2 hours before you could notice any difference. Stasis: a day or so hihi

Thank you. Great work on this. I'm really enjoying it so far. Goes great with the Benjolin.
confusedmachine
Looks like a simple build too. Without getting into detail, anyone made one? 2 hours?
andrewF
confusedmachine wrote:
Looks like a simple build too. Without getting into detail, anyone made one? 2 hours?

Yes a lot of people have DIY-ed Sloths, check out the Sloth thread in the DIY forum.
Worwell
A Sloth driven drone:

ignacio
Been thinking about one of these. Is it like any other tide generator? I think my Tidal Wave might be able to achieve this, just maybe not this slow.
andrewF
ignacio wrote:
Been thinking about one of these. Is it like any other tide generator? I think my Tidal Wave might be able to achieve this, just maybe not this slow.

They are quite different, Snazzy's Tidal Wave is a synth voice panel - VCO, VCF, etc.
Sloth is a chaos module producing very slowly changing CV signals....it would work nicely with your Tidal Wave Hug
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1