MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thoose were the days (Liaisons Dangereuses)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Thoose were the days (Liaisons Dangereuses)
Strange_Days
I just found this excellent clip of one of the forerunners of the harder kind of electronic music. This clip from 81 just makes me smile for so many reasons... Mr. Green

Seracs
Always thought it was pretty cool how Beate Bartel went from Neubauten to this.
djynnx
yeah LD is amazing - so ahead of their time- still so overlooked. I wait for the day when their genius is recognized and a vinyl box set of unreleased/studio tracks is released.... (vinyl on demand...hello?). Also - seek out the CHBB stuff, for some killer pre Liaisons proto-tekno weirdnesss
lightpolite
A good friend of mine posted that vid. He has a few other lovelies as well.

LD is still genius, and Los Ninos still kills on a dancefloor. At least on the sort of dancefloors I am used to.

There is a pretty tremendous live set from the Hacienda floating around on the aethertents somewhere. A few unreleased tracks, etc.
Strange_Days
Its such an interesting time signature to the base line. 6/8?
Luka
also interesting why they sing in non native language
Chuck E. Jesus
Luka wrote:
also interesting why they sing in non native language

singer was French iirc, but sang in Spanish as well...
Chuck E. Jesus
Seracs wrote:
Always thought it was pretty cool how Beate Bartel went from Neubauten to this.

she was in Mania D (as well? did not know about EN), Chris Haas was in an early version of DAF...
lightpolite
Strange_Days wrote:
Its such an interesting time signature to the base line. 6/8?

Something to do with the sq-10, I would guess. 12 steps.
Seracs
Beate Bartel and Gudrun Gut were in the earliest incarnations of Neubauten. It wasn't all men, they just backed off a little bit when the russian vitamins and molotovs started showing up. They both still release some stuff here and there.
GrantB
lightpolite wrote:
A good friend of mine posted that vid. He has a few other lovelies as well.

LD is still genius, and Los Ninos still kills on a dancefloor. At least on the sort of dancefloors I am used to.

There is a pretty tremendous live set from the Hacienda floating around on the aethertents somewhere. A few unreleased tracks, etc.

I still play Los Ninos, Peut Etre Pas, and Avant Apres Mars whenever I get the chance. (they're not for everybody lol)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1