MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Double Andore mkI keeps the settings after power cycle?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Double Andore mkI keeps the settings after power cycle?
evs
does the double andore mkI remembers the state of all the buttons and modes after a power cycle?
Ras Thavas
I haven't tested for all (meaning I just haven't paid enough attention!), but have noticed that it doesn't remember being set to looping mode, and restarts in trigger mode.

It does remember(or at least scans) the wave pot on start up, so whatever shape you picked is still set. But the looping, use of Orangemeetspink eprom, etc, need to be redone.

I like my DA MKI, and usually use it as a looping complex modulation source, so on restart all I have to do is switch to the Orangemeetspink waveform set and switch to looping and I'm back to where I was.
robotopsy
Indeed the Double andore MK1 will only remember the pots. the selected banks & wave shapes & the envelope state ( LFO - Attack Decay ) & the VCA Log or Linear will be reseted. This is something I forgot to mention in my video d'oh!

If anything else this vids should provides you with all the needed infos.

evs wrote:
does the double andore mkI remembers the state of all the buttons and modes after a power cycle?
evs
Wow, that's a bummer..
I even don't like this behavior on the maths.. But this is a bit too much:-(
mt3
evs wrote:
Wow, that's a bummer..
I even don't like this behavior on the maths.. But this is a bit too much:-(

Ya, it's a bummer for more complex modules, but hasn't bothered me for the DA. And I like the serendipity aspect with this and Function.
robotopsy
You 'll know your DA so well it wont be any problems. It's so quick to get back to that state it never bothered me.

thumbs up
Dcramer
robotopsy wrote:
Indeed the Double andore MK1 will only remember the pots. the selected banks & wave shapes & the envelope state ( LFO - Attack Decay ) & the VCA Log or Linear will be reseted. This is something I forgot to mention in my video d'oh!

evs wrote:

we're not worthy !!oediv nikcuf taerg
robotopsy
meh oops thumbs up
SeatedFigure
robotopsy wrote:

evs wrote:

Great video. My DA resets to looping mode (both channels) whenever I turn on the system. Is there a way to change the "default" mode? I have kind of the same question for Piston Honda MK2 as well: the Z axis is not selected (lit up) for morphing after each restart
robotopsy
If there's a way to change the mode at start up !?!? I dont know for sure. Even if it's not bothering me... still this would be great to change that.

And for the Piston Honda MKII..... I dont have it unfortunatly waah

...... for now oops
mt3
Nada for both modules.
SeatedFigure
I am cool with it as well. Yours starts up in lfo mode as well? I think I saw another one somewhere that would start up on trigger mode
SeatedFigure
Also I am yet to figure out the cross modulation between VCA. it sound real nice but I still don't know what modulates what exactly Mr. Green
mt3
LFO Mode
Mine starts up in trigger, not LFO/looping mode. My Function starts up in LFO/looping mode though. Maybe there is a secret button combination to change startup state, but I've yet to discover it.
It's peanut butter jelly time!

XMOD
VCA cross-modulation is sort of like an envelope follower of the amplitude of the opposite channel "bleeding" over.
This is great for layering and biggerfying your sounds. SlayerBadger!

"For VCA A, if you turn up the XMOD knob, it feeds the audio output of VCA B into the CV IN of VCA , for amplitude modulation.
You can hear the effect best if you listen to the single output, not the MIX."
SeatedFigure
Cool, thanks. This is a great module indeed
mt3
SeatedFigure wrote:
Cool, thanks. This is a great module indeed

You still might want to contact Guvn'r and mention the LFO mode on startup to see what he says. Maybe you stumbled upon some hidden mode, or a portal to blackangels heaven, or...?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1