MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY Mutant clap noise floor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author DIY Mutant clap noise floor
Xssory
I've been using my DIY clap for a while now, and I've noticed that it's noise floor seems very high compared to my factory built Mutant Hi Hats. Particularly when I turn the drive up the hiss is very prominent. Did I do something wrong in assembly? Just curious if anyone has a factory built module that can chime in on this or someone else who has encountered the same issue

Thanks
polycorn
Found your post and this one: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135569&sid=540486cd6 045fd204daf37f57f32da76

While searching info on this problem. No solution yet....
ilya.n
I got the same issue. It sounds like noise oscillator is leaking into the output. It seems to be an inherent design issue and I haven't seen anyone fixed it yet. Just keep you Drive level at low level or run the clap through and additional vca.
ege.gonul
Its just classic Hexinvert fault. He designs it for SMD soldering and makes a through hole DIY option and as a consequence you got lots of floor noise. Glad that Hexinverter is moving out DIY.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1