MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Omnimod -Please see first post for any relevant info
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Author Omnimod -Please see first post for any relevant info
Dogma
PLEASE NOTE UNLESS THERE IS AN UPDATE FROM WMD RE MANUFACTURE NOT MUCH MORE CAN BE SAID. MANUFACTURE STATED AT JUNE/JULY. AWAITING CONFIRMATION FROM WMD THEY HAVE FIRMWARE
T. Jervell
Thanks for the update! Really looking forward for the release of this module thumbs up
Ya-Neck
Thanks for the update! and cheers to MM Guinness ftw!
SB-SIX
Does it mean the omnimod will now be larger in hp?
Daisuk
SB-SIX wrote:

No, it won't. The screen will just be bigger (ref - a picture posted in the other thread where the first prototype were next to the new one).
ignatius
Daisuk wrote:
SB-SIX wrote:

No, it won't. The screen will just be bigger (ref - a picture posted in the other thread where the first prototype were next to the new one).

yeah... see other thread with all the info. why there's 2 threads.. yeah.. i get it whatever but seems unnecessary.. unless someone is going to go copy pastes all the relevant posts into this new thread.

seems just more confusing to keep track of now.
VanEck
everyone is aware that the delay is because of a newer bigger screen getting sourced... this was pretty much the last update from him months ago.

now we have 2 threads with still no new information? counterproductive.
Dogma
VanEck wrote:
everyone is aware that the delay is because of a newer bigger screen getting sourced... this was pretty much the last update from him months ago.

now we have 2 threads with still no new information? counterproductive.

i get the feeling this wasnt the best idea - it was my idea...
ill contact the mods for guidance
ignatius
unlocked because why not whatever.

as you were.
cyberium
William has the new pcb for the updated version with the screen fix and will be building it up this week.
this should be good to go as soon as the omnimod pass the final test.
Mr. Green
ignatius
cyberium wrote:
William has the new pcb for the updated version with the screen fix and will be building it up this week.
this should be good to go as soon as the omnimod pass the final test.
Mr. Green

thanks for the news.
Dogma
i just had a wicked Skype session with Nic the designer and holy shitballs are you guys gonna freak til friday....
ill be posting some vids very shortly wink
ignatius
Dogma wrote:
i just had a wicked Skype session with Nic the designer and holy shitballs are you guys gonna freak til friday....

tease Miley Cyrus
Daisuk
Dogma wrote:

Good news! Looking forward to that. thumbs up
a100user
Looking forward to it
pascualfuentes
Cheers to MM! Can't wait applause
suckspit
Dogma wrote:

awesome news!
Axiom Crux
to clarify a bit:

I had received a prototype a month and a half ago, and everything but the screen was fully working. after a month and a half troubleshooting my code it turned out that there was a crucial piece of information lost in translation from the non native english speaking Chinese supplier about the way the ribbon able connected, which was misinterpreted by the PCB designer and was facing the wrong way. I had tried checking if it was making a connection several times but the cable connector was so small it was nearly impossible to do, so I ended up pulling it apart and destroying that prototype to find out if it was connecting, which it wasn't.

I honestly didn't want to post anything during that time because I wasn't sure what to say until it was dealt with (IE. "Hey guys that are already frustrated about delays, screen doesn't work and we don't know why") so maybe you could see why I didn't say anything.. The new prototype is being built this week and everything SHOULD be good to go after I test this new one.

SHEESH f$&#(@*#(% screen manufacturing.. so glad after this is dealt with we will be able to not have to deal with this on the future modules.

Im so excited to finally fulfill all of the preorders and I can't even express how appreciative i am of all that have been patient and understanding through the extreme manufacturing process. I am just one guy, and this is my first electronics/programming project (Ben Davis did the dynamic destiny and storage strip, and is now working full time for Malekko on some incredible new stuff).

I a clip I sent to Electronic Musician of the old smaller screen prototype that maybe some people haven't seen, they are from a few months back if you are wanting to see what the heck this thing you ordered actually does:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibfkkmo5oobkhh3/Omnimod_waveDesigner.mov?dl= 0

I will be posting a proper demo video once the new prototype arrives and the new screen is going.
a100user
Axiom Crux wrote:
to clarify a bit:

I had received a prototype a month and a half ago, and everything but the screen was fully working. after a month and a half troubleshooting my code it turned out that there was a crucial piece of information lost in translation from the non native english speaking Chinese supplier about the way the ribbon able connected, which was misinterpreted by the PCB designer and was facing the wrong way. I had tried checking if it was making a connection several times but the cable connector was so small it was nearly impossible to do, so I ended up pulling it apart and destroying that prototype to find out if it was connecting, which it wasn't.

I honestly didn't want to post anything during that time because I wasn't sure what to say until it was dealt with (IE. "Hey guys that are already frustrated about delays, screen doesn't work and we don't know why") so maybe you could see why I didn't say anything.. The new prototype is being built this week and everything SHOULD be good to go after I test this new one.

SHEESH f$&#(@*#(% screen manufacturing.. so glad after this is dealt with we will be able to not have to deal with this on the future modules.

Im so excited to finally fulfill all of the preorders and I can't even express how appreciative i am of all that have been patient and understanding through the extreme manufacturing process. I am just one guy, and this is my first electronics/programming project (Ben Davis did the dynamic destiny and storage strip, and is now working full time for Malekko on some incredible new stuff).

I a clip I sent to Electronic Musician of the old smaller screen prototype that maybe some people haven't seen, they are from a few months back if you are wanting to see what the heck this thing you ordered actually does:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibfkkmo5oobkhh3/Omnimod_waveDesigner.mov?dl= 0

I will be posting a proper demo video once the new prototype arrives and the new screen is going.

Damn that sounds really frustrating. Glad you shared the update and really pleased to hear things are moving forward again.
ignatius
thanks for the update! it's appreciated.

i feel for you.. i know it's tough when the roadblocks happen. thanks for powering through it. i'm still just as excited about this module as i was months ago and can't wait to get it in the system and modulating everything smile

edit: btw i think a larger screen is a god thing for this module so perhaps that's the silver lining in this cloud smile

thanks again for chiming in!
Axiom Crux
New prototype is built, screen works and it's on it's way:

Picture file
z3r01
Prototype looks sweet, Axiom Cruz! SlayerBadger!

I would like to ask though, would there be enough extra modules to go around to retailers/distributors, after fulfilling the pre-orders?
T. Jervell
Axiom Crux wrote:
New prototype is built, screen works and it's on it's way:

Picture file

YES!!!! Rockin' Banana! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! SlayerBadger!
auxren
Nice! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
ignatius
that screen!

looks great man. thanks for the update. so looking forward to this module smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Page 1 of 48