MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

F-2 pedal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author F-2 pedal
metasonix
I've also got videos of it with guitar. It's aimed mostly at that market--basically an R54 filter with a preamp in front and set up for use as a pre/distortion/wah with an expression pedal. Yes it can be used with synth etc in the normal ways. Yes you could use it as a Hz-v VCO or filter. Yes it's standalone because we keep getting requests for standalone. Yes it accepts either instrument or line signals thru 2 inputs. Yes it has 2 outputs. Bonus: planning to make the first 20 pieces with different random/stupid internet memes on the panel art. Collect 'em all!
weinglas
This looks like lots of mind-mangling fun! SlayerBadger!
bcomnes
gotta have a skinny dick for panel 4...if it don't fit don't force it
metasonix
Fixed:

Crowyote
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

This seems to be exactly what I was hoping for?

What tubes is it sporting?

In addition to the awesome smooth thick vocal sweeping wah tones in the vid there seems to be some very granular popping or clipping going on . . . is this inherent in the circuit or an artifact that arose in the course of recording the video? Is that the ring mod part of the circuit going crazy? Carrier input?
metasonix
Crowyote wrote:

5U8s. Very easy to find. It also takes 6GH8/6U8.

Quote:
In addition to the awesome smooth thick vocal sweeping wah tones in the vid there seems to be some very granular popping or clipping going on . . . is this inherent in the circuit or an artifact that arose in the course of recording the video? Is that the ring mod part of the circuit going crazy? Carrier input?

There is no ring mod. It just does that, esp when overdriven hard.
theantiroman
This sounds great! I especially like the dual jacks! And the popping resonance effects. When is it getting released?
Crowyote
metasonix wrote:
Crowyote wrote:

5U8s. Very easy to find. It also takes 6GH8/6U8.

Quote:

There is no ring mod. It just does that, esp when overdriven hard.

Cool that's the filter tube from the KV-100. I love it's character. I never noticed pops on the Assblaster though.

Can the pops be eliminated by using one output or the other?
chvad
yeah that demo has me really interested. sounds awesome.

" Can the pops be eliminated by using one output or the other?"
ditto... is that fairly controllable?
metasonix
chvad wrote:

I'm going to figure that you are referring to the places when the filter sweeps into very deep bass. Yes you can control that by adjusting the offset.

It has a much wider sweep range than most "regular" wah pedals. Goes deep into the below-20 Hz area if you desire. It's BETTER! Buy one!
Yes Powder
metasonix wrote:
I'm going to figure that you are referring to the places when the filter sweeps into very deep bass. Yes you can control that by adjusting the offset.

I think the thing they're referring to is the jitter that starts showing itself around the middle of the video and become very prominent by the end.
I had assumed it was an encoding error, especially since no knobs (on the pedal at least) are being tweaked.
otoskope
ElectricNoises wrote:
I think the thing they're referring to is the jitter that starts showing itself around the middle of the video and become very prominent by the end.
I had assumed it was an encoding error, especially since no knobs (on the pedal at least) are being tweaked.

Yes, that indeed sounds like a digital artefact of the encoding error kind. If you are able to make your tubes sound like that, I'm impressed, Eric. hyper (Well, I always am by your stuff.)
Yes Powder
otoskope wrote:
[ you are able to make your tubes sound like that, I'm impressed

Actually I bet you can get a similar sound by sending random pulses into the Pulser Input of the R-53. I'm not at home right now though, so i can't test this at the moment.
metasonix
That must be YouTube fucking up. It's not in the original file. I'll delete and reupload it.

Here's another video. Lets see if YT screws this up too.....

Crowyote
Sounds better. I definitely want it.

But, uh, get yourself a GoPro or something and record with a second separate stereo source like a SM57. Your pedals deserve better sounding demos. There are still pops there, but I can tell clearly now that they are from your recording device or encoding errors.
albiedamned
How exactly would you get a line signal into this? I'm guessing you'd have to use a insert cable (y cable) with the line source connected to the return/ring half and the send/tip half left unconnected. Is that right?

One more question - what voltage range will the CV input respond to?

And a request - could you post a video running synths or drum loops through it, and wiggle the controls?
YellowBlood
metasonix wrote:
chvad wrote:

It has a much wider sweep range than most "regular" wah pedals. Goes deep into the below-20 Hz area if you desire. It's BETTER! Buy one!

Hey Eric, BCM going to have stock?
metasonix
Quote:
BCM going to have stock?

soon as we can finish some....

albiedamned wrote:
How exactly would you get a line signal into this? I'm guessing you'd have to use a insert cable (y cable) with the line source connected to the return/ring half and the send/tip half left unconnected. Is that right?

yes

Quote:
One more question - what voltage range will the CV input respond to?

0-10v

Quote:
And a request - could you post a video running synths or drum loops through it, and wiggle the controls?

we will see. I still can't upload videos to YT without getting error messages. Arrrggggg.
albiedamned
metasonix wrote:
albiedamned wrote:

yes

That's a pretty odd design choice. Why didn't you use a standard mono jack with a switch to go between Inst and Line?
depth20
Will it be avalibale in Europe also?
metasonix
albiedamned wrote:
Why didn't you use a standard mono jack with a switch to go between Inst and Line?

So there are two inputs at once, mixed, okay? I figger with 2 inputs and 2 outputs no one can complain it "doesn't have enough features".

Quote:
Will it be avalibale in Europe also?

If dealers in Europe order some. I still have to finish some production units and add it to website and price list.
albiedamned
metasonix wrote:
albiedamned wrote:
Why didn't you use a standard mono jack with a switch to go between Inst and Line?

So there are two inputs at once, mixed, okay? I figger with 2 inputs and 2 outputs no one can complain it "doesn't have enough features".

Well I guess I'm no one, cause I just did complain smile. Putting separate inputs on the tip and ring (and separate outputs too) is probably going to befuddle the average person (aka guitar players). And while I get it and I have extra insert cables that I can use for this, it's certainly an inconvenience. Either a switch or separate jacks for each function would have been better. That's my two cents.
slow_riot
albiedamned, you might want to think about the years/decades of (likely unpaid) research required to design interesting music circuits, combined with the huge financial exposure that one undertakes as a creative small business owner in a cut-throat market when nitpicking small details like that. I'm sure you have honest intentions to provide feedback as a user, but at this late stage in the design phase, your options are to buy one, or not.
Villarceau
A tube preamp and a R-54 in one box? No euro power and case required?
Awesome.
albiedamned
slow_riot wrote:
albiedamned, you might want to think about the years/decades of (likely unpaid) research required to design interesting music circuits, combined with the huge financial exposure that one undertakes as a creative small business owner in a cut-throat market when nitpicking small details like that. I'm sure you have honest intentions to provide feedback as a user, but at this late stage in the design phase, your options are to buy one, or not.

I understand all that. And maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is a weird design choice. But you do have to admit it's unusual. I can't think of any other devices offhand that have completely separate inputs and outputs on the tip and ring of a single connection. I'm sure someone is going to respond to this and point out other devices which do this to prove me wrong. Obviously there are devices with stereo inputs and outputs using the tip and ring, and there are insert connections which have an output and an input on the tip and ring. And of course there are balanced connections. But to have two completely separate signals on the tip and ring seems unusual, and I think it will make life difficult for the average user. Again, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way. I do think Eric would be wise to ask for feedback earlier in the process, rather than presenting it as a finished product. Maybe he did ask for feedback though, and none of the people gave him the feedback I'm giving.

But you're right, at this point my options are to buy or not buy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3