AS RS-510E EMS Trapazoid Generator

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

AS RS-510E EMS Trapazoid Generator

Post by dkcg » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:24 pm

I just tried one out at Big City. Damnmit, I was just going there for a multiple! But it was so cool I got it, env generator/VCA in one. polarized envelope outputs. The VCA sold me...

Samples to be posted whenever I get around to it.

Anyone else have one? Any cool tricks?

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:38 pm

Had it when I got my first Asys system. It was cool but fell into disuse when I started using RS-60's as repeating envelopes, the Doepfer a-143-1 and better VCA's like the Model 13. Seems like a good all in one module but boy, I hate it on the actual Synthi.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 pm

I looked at the RS-60 too, pretty cool, I liked the polarized attens a LOT on these modules. One of the best things about the PlanB stuff too.

I needed an envelope, Model 10's stll a little wait (Peter told me they're going back into production soon, so they should be out soon. I'd love 3 more, but will probably just get one more due to space.

So far I like the trapazoid generator, it's a super quick way to get an oscillator through a vca/env generator as well as getting the ability to pan the audio in either direction, with attenuation in the panning.

The rs510e and the mx-4s are working together amazingly well. :sb:

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Lucky to live in LA and have these places within reach. Or is that unlucky? :)

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:49 am

It seems to be kinda cool for changing up rhythms w/o loosing timing and works great with the stereo. However, I did have the VCA section go out on me. :( I'm going in to Big City soon to get it fixed or a new one. I like it a lot tho. Ever start getting ideas with one module after getting a different module? This module's making me start rethink how to use the Model 10. Hopefully PlanB gets more M10s out soon. One is definitely not enough.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:41 pm

dougcl wrote:Lucky to live in LA and have these places within reach. Or is that unlucky? :)
A little unlucky, I went to exchange the trapazoid generator, it acted weird, seemed like a doepfer case vs. analogue systems case thing maybe, or a faulty module. I can drive there to exchange it, great! I can also drive there play around with some stuff, then leave with two things instead of one. :lol:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”