MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Make Noise - Format Jumbler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Make Noise - Format Jumbler
REwire

Just ordered one of these. I have a Serge M-Class Creature coming plus with my Buchla Osc this'll make patching much faster. It's weird how it connects all it's jacks but it might be functional for those not using banana jacks.

Info here:
http://www.analoguehaven.com/makenoise/formatjumbler/
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
$115? lol lol lol lol lol lol

wow.... just wow.....
Kent
Yeah, well, the guy ain't gonna do it for free. He has to make a profit for it to even be interesting for him to make; considering the time that such a thing takes. Sourcing all of the parts and dealing with the B.S. & customer support isn't exactly a ton o' fun. Plus, there are many people that are willing to pay for a professional looking product that they don't have to make themselves. Many people have 'zero' electronics skills and 'normalling' connections is beyond them.

I've worked with electronics for years and I can totally see a market for this thing.
Bricks
I think a lot of people are willing to pay for a good frontpanel too.

personally, I like the makenoise frontpanel aesthetic, though I could see some people not being into it
REwire
$50 for the Doepfer A-181 dual 1/4" to 1/8" mult and those don't cause a stir. This is 2 and 1/2 times that in size and ability + the banana plugs. I'd say priced on par.
neandrewthal
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
$115? lol lol lol lol lol lol

wow.... just wow.....

Have you ever looked at modcan multiples or attenuators?
governor blacksnake
This is the finest panel artwork I've seen this year, coming from a guy who's been working on some strange ones lately.
sgnhh
I personally would not buy this module but I have to agree--he's got some of the best panel artwork I've seen yet.
dkcg
I wish i needed bananajacks...
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
You're all right, nevermind about what I said before.

jumped the gun in the posting department d'oh!
synthetic
For $115 he could have at least used Switchcraft 1/4" jacks instead of Cliff jacks. confused
felix
Yeah, I was disappointed about the cliff jacks.

I'm not adverse to making one of my own though, in particular I just need a bunch of 1/8 < - > 1/4. Adapters are lame! lol
makenoise
synthetic wrote:
For $115 he could have at least used Switchcraft 1/4" jacks instead of Cliff jacks. confused

Switchcraft 1/4" were not possible due to the form factor. I choose the Neutrik 1/4" for its respectable insertion life and SLIM profile, allowing me to squeeze the 20 sockets into just 12HP.

I think just about anybody needing this sort of utility module will be very happy with the Format Jumbler. Amongst other things, the normalizations allow it to act as two 3 way mini jack mults, one 4 way mini jack mult or one 4 way 1/4" mult when you are not jumbling formats.

Thanx,

Tony
makenoise
governor blacksnake wrote:
This is the finest panel artwork I've seen this year, coming from a guy who's been working on some strange ones lately.

Thanx!
D/A A/D
If I had 12hp of space I would totally rock this. Good work Tony, I am looking forward to your other creation as well... wink
Buckage
Rewire, did you try out the module yet? Was interested to see how your buchla osc did. Was hoping to get some eventually and this could be a great way to weave it into the euro collection I have.
REwire
I have this module in my system now. It's such a basic thing there's not much to test. Funny thing is; I turned all my 'banana to banana' cables to 'banana to 1/8"' already so had nothing to convert. When my Serge comes that'll be real use for it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1