MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge & Bugbrand: banana party
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Serge & Bugbrand: banana party

batchas

Needed more active switches in my Serge patch (focusing for the first time on the TKB and the Phasers that I finally was able to repair), decided to use the ones in my Bugbrand. Then thought I should check a few sounds. Clocked the Bugbrand and fade some audio sources from the precedent patch that I did not unplugged and did not change anything.
It was not meant to be recorded, it’s a lot of sounds, not real mixed as I always make one quick take, direct, but nevertheless fun*** It's peanut butter jelly time!
Bass, drums is Bugbrand.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stGzz4zotpc

BugBrand! Now I'm gonna repeat myself, but the Bugbrand Modular System is an amazing sounding machine. Really! For the kind of sound I like it's top BugBrand!

I would have loved to have this on stage 2 decades ago!

***EDIT:
What I mean it's that we have a lot of sounds running together in a very repetitive way cause I let all run together (...).
This kind of patch would deserve more time to be able to set all levels, mix properly and so on. But I like this kind of sound and I have no time to mix for now... so here we are!

batchas

It's in this kind of patch that I miss GATE inputs on the TKB the most!

Mosiej

jesus, your setup is fuking raw! nanners

indexofmetals

well worth recording to me

Kernelkunt

batchas wrote:

I always enjoy your patches a lot, so Im curious, what kind of music were you making 2 decades ago?

batchas

Kernelkunt wrote:
batchas wrote:

I always enjoy your patches a lot, so Im curious, what kind of music were you making 2 decades ago?

Thank you. I appreciate.

80's, 90's: Industrial / Power electronics / Noise / Dark ambient.
90's: also minimal techno / electro.

I always travelled with a lot of analog gear... For the stage a bugbrand system would have been killer. So compact, very portable, direct, powerful, awesome sound...

Kernelkunt

batchas wrote:
Kernelkunt wrote:
batchas wrote:

Thank you. I appreciate.

80's, 90's: Industrial / Power electronics / Noise / Dark ambient.
90's: also minimal techno / electro.

I always travelled with a lot of analog gear... For the stage a bugbrand system would have been killer. So compact, very portable, direct, powerful, awesome sound...

Sounds cool. Would be fun to hear some of your old tracks!

batchas

Kernelkunt wrote:
Sounds cool. Would be fun to hear some of your old tracks!

Ready?
I think it's a bit too much, but I just came back from work and it's cool I can think about something totally different. A true break I mean...

The live sets were always extremely loud. A reason why today I play each of my patches 30 mins at max, as my ears are in pretty bad shape and I stopped everything, even listening to music, during 10 years!
The live recordings were not always good smile
Homestudio rec. either actually,compared to today possibilities haha!

All live perfs were totally improvised. Except for the batchas live acts where I often took a sampler with me as basis for my tracks, with impro or div. accoustic inst. coming on top.

I don’t have any vinyl recording online. But here are a few CDs.

1- Here’s one of my solo-project. More minimal (this one is studio rec.):
[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1036734101 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]
Nr. 7/8 is quite trippy! Goes 20 mins, but bandcamp limit is shorter. Had to split it!

2- Here's an example of a live-act from a side-project with a friend. As usual patches and sequences were built from scratch! Beats come here from Doepfer modular (the friend plays it).

If you check these tracks at the times I mentionned, you’ll get an idea of the sound I was making at the end of 90’s with this side-project.
Prepared-vinyls, prepared-cds, contact mics, dictaphones, synths, modular:
2- @5:40
3- @4:00
5- @0.50
6- @5:20
7-
9-

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=566155111 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

4- My solo project "Batchas" was more dark…
This one is a compilation from tracks between 85-93 (most made for choreographies) which I released in '93:
[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=2271350211 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

I just listened to nr. 14 which started randomly and I must admit I enjoyed it very much. Funny to listen to this after so many years (though I also listened to it when I uploaded to bandcamp). I became more tolerant now with the old stuff I did earlier... Plus it feels like a (deep) part of me anyway. Bones, blood, guts… Strange feeling actually.

While listening to nr. 13, I realize that the images I took for one of my plumbutter video would go very well with it!

I recorded 1’000 of hours! Outside of the house, at the window, nature, sea etc etc. I found back then a fabric in Paris where it was possible to buy blank tapes by kms (for real).

Nr. 8 is pretty old. 1985… all made with my own voice haha! And nature… I enjoyed very much to work also only with tapes and effects!

This one is more… ambient! Quite special as not much is happening…
[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=3576419217 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

Okay okay... I’ll stop now!

Kernelkunt

batchas
Good stuff! Looking forward to give this a listen tonight.
Sorry to learn about your damaged hearing. I paid no attention to that stuff either when I was younger and played in bands.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1