MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

GEOPHONE Nr.1: New project by the Labor Camp
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author GEOPHONE Nr.1: New project by the Labor Camp
L.C.O.

I am extremely happy to announce a new installation/performance project I will present at the IN Light IN festival in Indianapolis!

Inspired by the listening devices used during WWI to detect underground activity related to tunnel or trench digging, “Geophone” invites the audience to put their ears to the ground. With 20 sound speakers buried in the earth, "Geophone Nr. 1 : Unrest" combines a live musical performance with archival recordings of social unrest around the world. Sonic, tactile, communal and performative, this multimedia project combines audio, video and light to playfully explore layers of time. Are we listening to the seismic rumblings foreshadowing geological turmoil, or the fading echoes of political upheaval?

Project info:

Piotr Szyhalski / Labor Camp
Geophone Nr. 1 : Unrest
(Labor Camp Study Room : F)

at the IN Light IN Festival
Indianapolis
Friday/Saturday, August 26/27 2016
8:52pm–1:02am

As some of you might have seen on facebook, this will be a live modular performance, including a three story high, live video projections of my patching (among other video content).

So a kind of crazy version of "Modular On The Spot" with all the speakers buried in the ground, so the audience will lay on the grass to listen...

p.
L.C.O.

(Amps delivery)
L.C.O.

(audio burial rehearsals in progress)
noisejockey
Nice idea, conceit, and execution. Very cool. Any plans to document this with video and/or audio?
L.C.O.
noisejockey wrote:
Nice idea, conceit, and execution. Very cool. Any plans to document this with video and/or audio?

Thank you!
Yes, hoping to have things documented well.
L.C.O.
I am also making special mats that people can use to lie down on the ground to listen.
Just finished the hand carved plates to print these 3x7ft. artifacts. My plan is to have some of them pre-printed, but also have live printing on site happening during the performances...

L.C.O.
Lucy inspecting the test setup for live modular projections for the Geophone project... hihi

L.C.O.
Tester speaker exhumed after two weeks in the ground (having beautifully survived numerous storms in a fully functional condition).
To be transfered to the Indianapolis location later this week.

scottmoon
Better not confuse any seismologists. Have fun. thumbs up
nearly ghost
This sounds awesome man.. Would love to attend seems very interesting. Will keep an eye out for audio/video.
L.C.O.
Thanks guys!
It was intense, exhausting and extremely gratifying to have completed this challenging install!

Turboblast
i like this. SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1