MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Vermona VCDrive - any experiences / demos?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Vermona VCDrive - any experiences / demos?
boboter
Does anybody own a Vermona VCDrive and can share some insights or maybe even has a link to an audio demo?

I usually dig their products bit as this one seems a little pricey, I would love to hear it before trying it out.

Cheers
Footkerchief
Bump: anyone got any kind of demo?
Iron+Man
I'm sure it sounds good but I want to hear it.. Post some demos Vermona and I might buy one!
Funkydroid
Yup, can't have enough distortions. Dear Vermona, better up some demos before analog heat hit's the streets. love
Messaline
If it sounds anything like the drive on the retroverb lancet, it's a great sound!
Mercutio
A challenger for the Optodist .... curious i am !
Futuresound
I'd love to hear a demo too.

Tempted to just pick one up. But tax and shipping make it kinda pricy for something which theoretically I can kinda do with my Mixmode.
BTG
I have one, but no demos (no audio recording hooked up unfortunately).

It's, uh, an overdrive. It sounds decent, but doesn't have a lot of options. Warm saturation to smooth overdrive with CV control. I don't think it's worth the money other than there aren't many other easy to find options for that.

I'll probably sell mine and stick to pedals.
Herr Rausch
I wonder why they dont make any demos. how are you going to sell a music device without demoing it? same goes for many other modules
nashsnazzy
I've got a VC Drive. It really wakes up the super clean Mother 32. I'd share a demo but I'm a n00b and I'm struggling to program a good melody.
Aiyn Zahev
nashsnazzy wrote:
I've got a VC Drive. It really wakes up the super clean Mother 32. I'd share a demo but I'm a n00b and I'm struggling to program a good melody.

No need for a melody. You could just do a low drone with a little sweeping filter modulation and then increase the drive while recording.
Biom
Based on Thomas' words, it's the same circuit as the DRIVE on their outboard units (lancets).

I must say it's one of the most pleasing ways to overdrive the signal, at least to my ears.
OrpHologram
Does anybody know how this compares to the Optodist?
Nielsen
I'm using the VCDrive for a while now. Beneath my Cwejman filters, it's my main saturation module. I like the sound very much. It's quite similar to the Lancets distortion.

It's not the heaviest distortion around, but the overall sound is great. Very pleasant. Also, I have an Analog Heat, which is massively versatile, but the VCDrive still has a special place in my rack. But I'm missing a CV in for the gain parameter. That would lead to a VCA similar behaviour, which would be handy.
Futuresound
If anyone has time to do some demos, I'd love to hear the VCDrive in action.
fylthymcnasty
Bump for demos. Couldn't find anything anywhere. Would someone mind doing a quick recording? Thanks!!
portabello
I have a vcdrive and am set up for recording audio. I can try to record a demo tomorrow if anybody has anything in particular they would like to hear.
fylthymcnasty
portabello wrote:
I have a vcdrive and am set up for recording audio. I can try to record a demo tomorrow if anybody has anything in particular they would like to hear.

Wonderful - thank you!

I guess I'd like to hear the range of the distortion - I'm mostly interested in more subtle overdrive, but how it performs maxed-out I'd also like to know. If you could do something on a drone, as mentioned earlier in the thread, then that would be good - increasing the drive slowly as it plays out? Really, I'm happy with anything you could offer, there is literally nothing available anywhere to hear this! They are expensive - do you feel that's it's good value, or overpriced?
BailyDread
portabello wrote:

pre filter and post filter please!
portabello
Hey all, here is the demo: https://soundcloud.com/dominguez-audio/sets/vermona-vcdrive-audio-demo s.

The saw and sine are from the left VCO on the DPO. The filter is a Blue Lantern Sour filter which is probably not the best for this sort of demo but it's the only filter I have.

On the CV mod example I believe I am modulating a DPO sine with a DPO triangle (or possibly the reverse).

I also included a couple of more contextual examples. I usually use the VCDrive as the first module after my mixer module, right before the delay, reverb, and output modules. It is pretty useful for given a bit of cohesion to a patch containing disparate timbres. The really crappy west coast demo is an example of running the whole mix through the overdrive.

I think this is a good deal but that's probably because I use it on 100% of my patches and generally dig the sound.

EDIT: I also have a few of other tracks I can upload (if anybody is interested) that showcase this module but since they are already recorded I can't really show the un-overdriven versions.
damase
portabello wrote:
Hey all, here is the demo: https://soundcloud.com/dominguez-audio/sets/vermona-vcdrive-audio-demo s.

The saw and sine are from the left VCO on the DPO. The filter is a Blue Lantern Sour filter which is probably not the best for this sort of demo but it's the only filter I have.

On the CV mod example I believe I am modulating a DPO sine with a DPO triangle (or possibly the reverse).

I also included a couple of more contextual examples. I usually use the VCDrive as the first module after my mixer module, right before the delay, reverb, and output modules. It is pretty useful for given a bit of cohesion to a patch containing disparate timbres. The really crappy west coast demo is an example of running the whole mix through the overdrive.

I think this is a good deal but that's probably because I use it on 100% of my patches and generally dig the sound.

EDIT: I also have a few of other tracks I can upload (if anybody is interested) that showcase this module but since they are already recorded I can't really show the un-overdriven versions.

Thanks, was waiting for a demo of that for a while too. Don’t know why vermona has such a serious lack of demos. Sounds great, btw.... I’m ridiculously picky about distortion too
fylthymcnasty
Great work - thanks so much! You are now the only person in about 5 years who has made a demo of this module. That's one-up on Vermona!
Futuresound
Yes, thank you!
BailyDread
portabello wrote:

thanks for this!! applause

this thing sounds way different than I was expecting! a lot less low fi and tube and a lot more like a clipping console Imo. cool!!
Futuresound
portabello I'd also like to hear the tracks you mention that showcase this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2