MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Another cortex??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Another cortex??
Ddorward
I have a video cortex, a few Bso modules, a video 8 stage quanitizer a edirol v-4 and a prismatic ray-- I don't know if I should add another cortex or 2 prismatic rays instead..... Whatever brings the strangest video results I suppose-- please advise this rookie......
nerdware
While nobody can really tell you what to buy, we can share our experiences and priorities. So here are mine. I only have 1 VC, so I can't comment on the advantages of having 2. OTOH, I'm expecting a 4th PR to be delivered tomorrow. Yes, I know. Too much fun. Meanwhile, I still have no BSO modules and really should fix that. d'oh!
Ddorward
Well that's one in favor of more prs.... You really need to get some Bso modules-- really great stuff just like lzx......
nerdware
Yeah, I want a BSO crossfader. razz
Ddorward
I want 10 of every video module made but that ain't happening......
nerdware
Yeah, I want all the modules not yet released and even the still-in-development modules. I don't expect this to make them available any faster or help me pay for them. It's just the standard Muffwiggler's GAS.
Jasper
There's so much else out there, why duplicate your cortex?

I mean it's great, I've got 2...but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're certain that's where your patchflow is headed. In my case there's over 12u of modular, and I wouldn't think of a 2nd cortex until 9u....so many other things that make sense to get in the mix first. I think it makes sense in a large system patching live (can have 2 discreet patches and mix between the two as needed...ie while one patch is "playing" you can be building the next patch, without destroying everyones life in between) I'd recommend more oscillators and modulators in your case though. You'd have 2 cortices and nothing to put in them! More oscillators is great, so much great x-mod ability.

Happy patching
Ddorward
Ok I think it's another pr-- yum yum
nerdware
Ddorward wrote:
I want 10 of every video module made but that ain't happening......

It's in stock at AH but I can't afford it right now. Nevermind. At least it's available. That beats modules you can't buy anymore.
Dirty_Bill
Ddorward wrote:
I have a video cortex, a few Bso modules, a video 8 stage quanitizer a edirol v-4 and a prismatic ray-- I don't know if I should add another cortex or 2 prismatic rays instead..... Whatever brings the strangest video results I suppose-- please advise this rookie......

I've also had two cortex and I think it's a pretty advanced setup, I'd suggest other signal generation/modification first...

What BSO modules specifically? Perhaps a prismatic ray and Some other modules? Do you have sufficient modulation sources? I don't want to 'make you patch like me' but getting those add to the rig can go far. Especially if your goal is 'strange results'... Also, don't sell audio models short, especially for modulation usage... Feedback cameras? What kind of patches do you want to make?
Ddorward
I ended up getting another prismatic ray, a sensory translator, a Bso vca and a 6u synthrotek case...... applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1