MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Filthy Filtre -- insufficient filth?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Filthy Filtre -- insufficient filth?
lx
One thing that's confused me for a while on the FF is the general lack of response between the two "Filthy" modes (x10 and x100). In every patch I recall putting through it, this switch has done nothing noticeable. The wiring all looks good (it's just 2 switch wires). Does anyone have an example of what would provoke a response with the filthy switch?
johnnymad
i don't notice much filth when i flip the switch on mine either. seriously, i just don't get it
Babaluma
i used to have one, only really noticed it on hi res settings.
haricots
I don't have one anymore but I definitely remember a considerable boost in resonance. hmmm.....
Adam-V
I don't have one of these so can't comment on it directly but some filter designs respond differently to different input levels. Maybe attenuating the input level will yield different results?

Cheers,
Adam-V
Kent
I only noticed when the Resonance was turned way waaaaay up. It was subtle.
Adam-V
So, it's not so much filthy as mildly dirty?

Cheers,
Adam-V
johnnymad
slightly unclean filtre?
fracmonkey
It seems to be more noticeable at higher input levels. The Input knob has 2X gain. seriously, i just don't get it
tuj
Its definitely subtle, you can hear the difference when doing self-osc; the switch bumps the frequency up a bit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1