MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A case for Jasper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 [all]
Author A case for Jasper
mfkzt
Hi

I've been in contact before but still very, very interested in a case. Please put me down for one.

Cheers!
Roominder
Hi, I'd like 2 please. Hope these are still available, they look great.
crustibooga
Hi y'all,

First up a really BIG THANKS for being patient, it's been a flipping long and slow process moving and getting sorted.

Ok so here's the good news, today I received the prototype metal work for the MKII enclosure. The MKII chassis is all aluminium, powder coated and screen printed, the sides will be hard wood probably oak with the easy option of swapping them out with other variations. Holes pre cut for both Elby and JasperIN midi c/w blanking panels if not used.

Other good news, MKII will not need much assembly i.e. not flat packed DIY anymore.

Possible downside is that I will have to increase the price, however this would have been true of the old DIY version.

I'm just organising payment to the fabricators, who estimate a 2-3 week turn around. Am not sure at this point if that includes time needed to powder coat and screen print.

Anyways to whet your appetite, here's the bare metal prototype:

goodrevdoc
Will they still have a speaker cutout? I put a crappy little speaker in mine for the convenience, but actually enjoy the kind of crappy, lofi sound i get...
FactoryDefault
goodrevdoc wrote:
Will they still have a speaker cutout?

Also wondering about this. I guess I could attack it with a drill if not...
oblongcat
Hi, please could i purchase a case?
crustibooga
goodrevdoc wrote:
Will they still have a speaker cutout? I put a crappy little speaker in mine for the convenience, but actually enjoy the kind of crappy, lofi sound i get...

I decided to omit the speaker holes as I seemed to get more and more people struggling to get one to fit the original holes and many not wanting the holes anymore. The enclosure is aluminium so easy to drill. I'd tape the surface and use a hole punch so as to do a neat job.

I'll probably make a youtube video to show the easiest way to cut your own speaker holes. I think it was the best way? Although if enough people want holes cut again and can decide the best size and shape, I will get the second batch of 100 to incorporate the hole design.

Cheers
Sonny
Roominder
Hi are these expected soon? I need 2 to complete my project. If not the new ones, maybe the old ones?
crustibooga
Ok, so we've decided that these will be the last Jasper enclosures we will produce.

The good news though is there are still plenty in stock.

Best place to order is www.clockout.co.uk or www.facebook.com/psychocases

£120 plus Postage and packaging costs tracked and signed to UK is £15 - Europe is £20 - America/Canada is £27 - Australia is £30
Dojocode
Hi I’m interested
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 [all]
Page 16 of 16