MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euclidean Circles
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Euclidean Circles
franman69
Euclidean Circles...

What a blast this new module from Vladimir is! Within minutes of it being powered up I had funky syncopated jams going that were so much more fun to wiggle with than either of my other pattern generators (see the lonely Grids sitting next to the Shiny new Euclidean??). I'm driving pretty much everything in this patch with Euclidean Circles. The only other clock is a tempi division running the Y Clock on Rene. One of the cool things about EC is there are two outputs for each pattern. The selected beats and then the NOT selected gates. I'm driving bass drum and bass synth with Ch 1 (and 4). Snare and Rene X lead sequence with Ch 2 (and 5) and Hihat and Bongos (Rings) with Ch 3 (and 6). You can also program them all individually if you prefer on two pages for the three dials.

I have pre-set the amount of divisions and the start point (offset if you will) for each of the three channels. I'm only wiggling the number of On beats for each dial to create the variations you hear on this piece. Sorry the video is kinda crappy but I was trying to find a setting to make the wonderful multicolor LED's on EC show up in the final video.. (didn't do so great). The module is BRIGHT!! I have the Led's one notch above the darkest setting (1-8 I believe).

Anyway, this is a fun, easy to use, versatile module that generates great patterns in a hurry. It's well made and a ton of fun to watch!.. hope you enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS4XgG5xQNo
stephend
very cool. I was just searching for info on this module the other day. also, hello fellow westchester guy!
mdoudoroff
Looks like a really neat interface.

Maybe it needs a filter layer over those LEDs? Probably can DIY one.
franman69
The LED's are not too bright when lowered. They are just difficult to get nice on a video...

franman69
stephend wrote:
very cool. I was just searching for info on this module the other day. also, hello fellow westchester guy!

Where in Westchester are you?? PM me..
Footkerchief
franman69 wrote:
The LED's are not too bright when lowered. They are just difficult to get nice on a video...
There's also a brightness trim-pot on the PCB if I recall.
nickbaba
This looks great - thanks for the demo vid. Very interested in this.
franman69
Footkerchief wrote:
franman69 wrote:
There's also a brightness trim-pot on the PCB if I recall.

They are adjustable on the front panel through the setup UI...
Bigsteak
I'm very interested in this but I don't know where to buy it.
Zymos
Bigsteak wrote:

Check the first post of the thread in the DIY forum, he sells boards in various states of completion as well as fully built.

Cool demo franman69, you probably just helped sell a bunch of modules!
franman69
Zymos wrote:
Bigsteak wrote:

Check the first post of the thread in the DIY forum, he sells boards in various states of completion as well as fully built.

Just FYI..by the time I purchased the PCB/SMT kit plus parts it was only 30-40Eu less than buying the completed and tested module. That's the way I ended up going.

and Vladimir was great to deal with also!!
digable-me
This thing looks fantastic.
Hallmar
This looks AWESOME!

After reading The Geometry of Musical Rhythm by Godfried T. Toussaint(the man who started using the euclidian algorhythm for making world beats) i always wondered why no one has done a trigger sequencer with the circles as he depicts in his book.

I've got a Trigger Riot in the post but man i want this one too!!
nickbaba
I ordered a pre-built from Vladimir after seeing this vid. Nice guy to deal with.

Can't wait!
dani
I also have to chime in, Vladimir is a very nice person and his communication is top-notch! He sent me the module very fast and it's for sure on the (visually) nicest eurorack-moxdules

I also made a short video for demonstrating the sequencing possibilities (most drum sounds made by the Nord Drum 1):

http://youtu.be/UOTFrowD9es
Paranormal Patroler
dani wrote:
I also have to chime in, Vladimir is a very nice person and his communication is top-notch! He sent me the module very fast and it's for sure on the (visually) nicest eurorack-moxdules

I also made a short video for demonstrating the sequencing possibilities (most drum sounds made by the Nord Drum 1):

How did you get it to not double trig ? The ND1 I mean.
Hirsbro
Ill buy it just for the light show we're not worthy
franman69
The light show is... enjoyable for sure... the simple as hell poly rhythmic madness is more than enjoyable!!... Love-this-module. When I first got my Turing Machine, I couldn't stop using it... this is how I feel about EC..(still love the Turing as well!)
dani
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
dani wrote:

How did you get it to not double trig ? The ND1 I mean.

good listen! I asked Vladimir my module to put out 10V. I haven't dealt with the input sensitivity of the Nord Drum yet, so I got the effect of double trigs, which I actually liked in this session
av500
Hallmar wrote:
This looks AWESOME!

After reading The Geometry of Musical Rhythm by Godfried T. Toussaint(the man who started using the euclidian algorhythm for making world beats) i always wondered why no one has done a trigger sequencer with the circles as he depicts in his book.

I've got a Trigger Riot in the post but man i want this one too!!

@Hallmar, I have one for you too! hihi

@all: guys, thanks for the endorsement, I love that you are having fun with my little blinking module we're not worthy nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! Rockin' Banana! applause
Fastus
Great vid Franman69 !! (will actually be in Westchester Saturday night)
akairipper
for makIng me a circles!! it's a an awsome bit of kit. it's got six outputs and my pico drums have six inputs. I love it. so nice to look at too!!
peanut
Great patch, OP we're not worthy
hawkfuzz
Still don't know what Euclidean even means...sounds great though.
md5-
hawkfuzz wrote:
Still don't know what Euclidean even means...sounds great though.

Haha same here.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3