MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euclidean Circles
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Euclidean Circles
av500
hawkfuzz wrote:
Still don't know what Euclidean even means...sounds great though.

it's greek for "tons of blinking lights"
felixer
bunch of barbarians. and no, it's not cool to be stupid ...
batch
Amazing module, I use with Rene a lot.

And Vladimir is really nice - he hand delivered my module to San Francisco!
av500
Armstrb wrote:
Amazing module, I use with Rene a lot.

And Vladimir is really nice - he hand delivered my module to San Francisco!

hihi thanks! hihi

hand delivery is a special ordering option... smile
nectarios
Love it. applause

EPTC
Just to resurrect this thread. Meant to post this a while back, but Vlad put together a self-contained/self-powered case for Euclidean Circles along with Six Switches as an order. It's so much fun to have this as a clocking instrument outside of a case. And nice to have the 5V power needed confined to its own power adapter.

Good regards to vpme.de!

franman69
Hell... here's another recent video with EC playing with Eloquencer... still love Euclidean...

av500
EPTC wrote:

Good regards to vpme.de!

thanks a lot! have fun! nanners Rockin' Banana!
xthrasherx
Just got my hands on a Euclidean Circles and oh boy is it fun. I'm already loving it and just scratched the surface of what it can do.

Here it is sequencing the Metasonix D2000 and TM3 drone.

Fastus
thumbs up some excellent sound xthrasherx - big thumbs up!
franman69
really excellent xthrasherx... that was massive!
nectarios
Kick: Peaks FM drum
Snare: Peaks 808 snare
Bass: A6
Strings: A4
Short note on the 4: A4
Glitchy noises: Mysteron
Trashy drums: Bassimilus Iteritas Alter
Hat: TM noise into Optomix

Delay: 4ms DLD, Delay Feed and Feedback controlled by Pressure Out on Pressure Points. Trigger for Bassimilus: A-151 Sequential Switch.

Inputs to A-151 are: Euclidean Circles output 3, Rene Ygate, Tempi out 1, Tempi out 3 (moded channels Tempi 1, 3, 5, 6 at various intervals).

Antimatter Launch Codes triggers A-151.

EC out 1 excites Mysteron Top input.
EC out 4 excites Mysteron Low input
EC out 2 clocks Voltage Block and Touring Machine, which triggers the Hat, Holds DLD Ch B and reverses both ChA and ChB and also Resets Launch Codes and provides triggers to A-148, Sample input is Malekko white noise and controls Time A on 4ms DLD.
Time on 4ms DLD CV is Wogglebug Woggle Out.
Voltage Block CVs all parameters on BIA.
Rene CV out to Mysteron Impulse.
Wooglebug Smooth Out to Mysteron Mutation Type.

PP outs are macro control to Doepfer A-132-4 to (un)mute Kick, Snare, BIA.

Stue
Top module, have it in my case since new year - heavily used since then...
Futuresound
It really is a well-designed module, great fun to play. And it's gorgeous, my family has finally forgiven me for selling my SMR.

I really wish it had CV control over length / fill / rotation.
hw408
xthrasherx wrote:
Just got my hands on a Euclidean Circles and oh boy is it fun. I'm already loving it and just scratched the surface of what it can do.

Here it is sequencing the Metasonix D2000 and TM3 drone.

Others already said it but the sounds in this video were all awesome whoah. we're not worthy

Need to look up TM3 now. The clunky percussive stuff was super weird special too.

edit: very frustrating $1000 of weirdness
starthief

Well this looks nifty.
etheroar
Damn wish I had waited for V2. Any chance there'll be a firmware update for V1 with some of the new features? Not sure if it's even possible...
av500
etheroar wrote:
Damn wish I had waited for V2. Any chance there'll be a firmware update for V1 with some of the new features? Not sure if it's even possible...

the V2 software does not fit the V1 CPU internal firmware memory
Naenyn
This is easily one of the coolest looking modules I've seen. Anyone using one for melodic/generative stuff instead of just drums? Just looking for patch ideas...
BTG
Just installed mine and I have no idea what's going on. When I turn on my system all three rings are just blinking between red green blue. If I press the F-button then all blink white alternately. Long pressing does nothing. This is a v2 w/ Six Switches (factory). Nothing in the manual seems to indicate this mode. It doesn' look like any of the videos I've seen either?

I can't even tell what version of firmware I'm on -- when I boot up I see a single red dot on bottom ring at the 5th LED (counting clockwise from 'noon').

Any help/advice appreciated!
av500
Hi there,

I am sorry, your module is for some reason still in factory test mode. please do the following;

- rotate all three encoders until all three rings are all white
- press all three encoders until the three knobs show white
- press the F button

and then you are good to go.
BTG
Brilliant, thanks for the fast response, all is good now!
Jumbuktu
Naenyn wrote:
This is easily one of the coolest looking modules I've seen. Anyone using one for melodic/generative stuff instead of just drums? Just looking for patch ideas...

Responding to an old post ... but, yes. I have tried creating 4 linked voices using a SynthTech Quad Temporal Shifter, and triggering envelopes for each voice using gates from Euclidean Circles. I have a O&C in the middle (Quantermain mode) to control pitches, and the quantising timing gets controlled by the triggers in O&C. This works nicely to produce canonical melodic lines with different rhythmic patterns. You can also invert one or more of the melodic lines to create interest - and selectively mute and unmute voices to create builds and breaks.
Portabella
Hello,

I have a question about the EC v2. I am about to buy it.
But I was wondering if it's possible to shift the patterns within its time signature around. So let's say, shift the first beat back and forth via CV.
Is that possible?
gb2
there's no cv input in the module, so the answer is no.
but you could use 2 channels (basic + variation) and patch to a voltage controlled switch - that's what i do a lot.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4