Fusion VCO and Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

Girts23
Wiggling with Experience

Fusion VCO and Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble!

Post by Girts23 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:08 am

Dear clleagues! We were working hard to make the new Fusion modules outstanding. And I think, we did it. Check demo of soon to be released Fusion Drone System! Main modules Fusion VCO, Fusion Delay are available now!
[video][/video]

Both modules are configurable to work with standard eurorack PSU, and power consumption is reasonable.

Fusion VCO is absolutely new Erica Synth Fusion line module which fuses good tuning of digital VCO with warm, unique sound of vacuum tubes that work in suboscillator circuit. Two double triodes in bistable latch connection act as suboscillators: -1 and -2 octaves with plenty of mixing opportunities for amazing sonic results. External audio signal can replace internal VCO. It’s exactly what you need, if you wish to go really low frequencies and have a sound that sets your modular system apart from mass!
More details:Fusion VCO

Erica Synths Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble module is distinct multifunctional analogue effects module that combines BBD chip based effects with an adjustable tube overdrive in the delay output and feedback path for extra thickness of sound. For more flexibility, lowpass filtering is fully adjustable from none to extreme. Special feature, not found in eurorack, is Vintage Stereo Ensemble – effect that’s common on vintage synthesizers to create moving and thick spatial sound from a monaural tone generator, be it VCO, FM, DCO or any other kind. Such spatial effect is achieved by mixing dry source with delayed and lowpass filtered out of phase signal.
More details: Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble

wader8er
Common Wiggler

fusion

Post by wader8er » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:53 am

yes! You did it, even better than I'd hoped! Congrats! So excited to put that delay in my rig.

maltemark
Ultra Wiggler

Post by maltemark » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:51 am

The demo is an whole album in itself. Nice tones!

ben_hex
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ben_hex » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:45 pm

The new fusion modules look ace!
All DivKid video series to be found here!
http://www.youtube.com/divkidvideo

The Illuminaire
Wiggling with Experience

Post by The Illuminaire » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:00 am

I'm looking forward to adding both to my Fusion-dedicated skiff! :sb:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:54 pm

Krell Machine. More awesome from Erica. :guinness:
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718

AMHOWL
Learning to Wiggle

Post by AMHOWL » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:44 pm

The demo is amazing! Just beautiful drones. Well...looks like I need a whole fusion system now...

kodek
Common Wiggler

Post by kodek » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:55 am

Fusion VCO demo is now up!

[video][/video]

:party:

Khyber Pass
The Tank Abbot of home recording

Post by Khyber Pass » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Wow, that's a sweet VCO, those are some nice sounds. :woah:

Ya-Neck
Common Wiggler

Post by Ya-Neck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Crazy VCO! love how the camera is shaking to low frequecies :sb:

dani
Common Wiggler

Post by dani » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:40 am

oh, a very interesting Oszillator, I like the fact, that you can use external sources (I'm thinking of complex oszillators or other material that waits for wave-shaping action..)

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Intriguing demo. This delay/flanger module seems to pack a lot of value into it.

[video][/video]

Edit: I’m a little bemused how little CV is provided for, given how interesting things sound when modulating overdrive, feedback, etc.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:43 pm

mdoudoroff wrote:Intriguing demo.

Edit: I’m a little bemused how little CV is provided for, given how interesting things sound when modulating overdrive, feedback, etc.
Yeah - it's more just like a beautiful sounding pedal in Euro. I like some simple devices like this in modular at the end.

For a really cv intensive delay, see their Black Hole DSP.

http://ericasynths.lv/en/shop/eurorack- ... -hole-dsp/

I mean between these two modules... holy crap.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718

???
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ??? » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Any update on the Fusion Drone System?

uniquepersonno2
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Any update on when the new fusion vca/filter are coming out? After trying them out at namm I'm very excited to see them in the wild!

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:18 pm

can anyone post personal experience with the VCO? it looks incredible also is there an upcoming version with an integrated 6v power supply?

uniquepersonno2
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:32 pm

neonmercury1 wrote:can anyone post personal experience with the VCO? it looks incredible also is there an upcoming version with an integrated 6v power supply?
I have the VCO. I'm not sure what you mean by 6v supply but all you need is a normal power supply (I run mine off a doepfer PSU2), nothing special.

It's very cool. I'm hopefully going to be posting a video demo overviewing its features soon, but it's definitely a cool module. It sounds very smooth, especially with some sort of analog VCO feeding it. The mix controls are nice and the FM sounds great. I've also used it to add subharmonics to kick drums which sounded cool. There's definitely a lot of awesome things you can do with it and for a fat oscillator you'd have a hard time finding better. The 3 octave range you get with it makes for pretty huge sounds.

If there's anything specific you're wondering about or want to hear let me know, I can always test specific things for you.

edit: now looking through the user manual, you don't need the Tube Heater PSU to power the current version, just a PSU with enough juice to provide +250ma, -185ma to it.
It's done!
...probably! Ahhh, who am I kidding...

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:07 pm

neonmercury1 wrote:can anyone post personal experience with the VCO? it looks incredible also is there an upcoming version with an integrated 6v power supply?
I ordered mine today against my wallets better judgement. I'll record some demos once it gets here.

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 pm

uniquepersonno2 wrote:
I have the VCO. I'm not sure what you mean by 6v supply but all you need is a normal power supply (I run mine off a doepfer PSU2), nothing special.

It's very cool. I'm hopefully going to be posting a video demo overviewing its features soon, but it's definitely a cool module. It sounds very smooth, especially with some sort of analog VCO feeding it. The mix controls are nice and the FM sounds great. I've also used it to add subharmonics to kick drums which sounded cool. There's definitely a lot of awesome things you can do with it and for a fat oscillator you'd have a hard time finding better. The 3 octave range you get with it makes for pretty huge sounds.

If there's anything specific you're wondering about or want to hear let me know, I can always test specific things for you.

edit: now looking through the user manual, you don't need the Tube Heater PSU to power the current version, just a PSU with enough juice to provide +250ma, -185ma to it.

I guess i was more just polling the crowd. to me this seems like a really incredible sounding oscillator but there is very little about it online outside of the erica demos so i figured i would ask. the reason i ask was because perfect circuit has them on super sale and im gassing hard. in fact i just gave in and got one... i should sell my spectrum of z3000 to fund it but i think it will yeld that "fat" sound.

i wonder if these are on sale because they are the old version, i ordered the tube heater just in case i figured i can return it if it is unneeded

i would love to see any demos and i guess i should post some when my ship comes in

uniquepersonno2
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:26 pm

neonmercury1 wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote:

I guess i was more just polling the crowd. to me this seems like a really incredible sounding oscillator but there is very little about it online outside of the erica demos so i figured i would ask. the reason i ask was because perfect circuit has them on super sale and im gassing hard. in fact i just gave in and got one... i should sell my spectrum of z3000 to fund it but i think it will yeld that "fat" sound.

i wonder if these are on sale because they are the old version, i ordered the tube heater just in case i figured i can return it if it is unneeded

i would love to see any demos and i guess i should post some when my ship comes in
I'd say definitely a good choice. I (think) the ones at perfect circuit are the new ones so you should be good. I doubt you'll be disappointed, I love mine, use it all the time.
It's done!

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:39 am

Hey, the ones at perfect circuit are the v1 that require the tube heater. I asked a few weeks ago when they went on sale. It's good you picked up the tube heater. It's actually not a bad thing because you can pick up some of the v1's used for a good price I'm sure - like the original Fusion VCF, which is a band pass vs the v2 which is a LPF.

uniquepersonno2
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:41 am

NoLegs wrote:Hey, the ones at perfect circuit are the v1 that require the tube heater. I asked a few weeks ago when they went on sale. It's good you picked up the tube heater. It's actually not a bad thing because you can pick up some of the v1's used for a good price I'm sure - like the original Fusion VCF, which is a band pass vs the v2 which is a LPF.
Glad I didn't buy mine from there then... :banana:
It's done!

witchbutter
Wiggling with Experience

Post by witchbutter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:49 am

I have all the parts except the vco and the vcf (waiting for v2) and I can say that delay has a beautiful warm sound that adds very nicely to drums and 303 type sounds. My only gripes with the delay is that it seems like it does not need 20hp at all, really wish it had 2 boards and fit in 12 to 14 and I really really wish I could insert into the feedback path with a filter, I bet it would sound amazing. I have made some effective drones with a Waldorf nw1 as the main vco and an ajh transistor ladder filter as the filter. The price seems a bit high for the vco considering it is only really good for bass or slow wavetable type changes.

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:09 pm

NoLegs wrote:Hey, the ones at perfect circuit are the v1 that require the tube heater. I asked a few weeks ago when they went on sale. It's good you picked up the tube heater. It's actually not a bad thing because you can pick up some of the v1's used for a good price I'm sure - like the original Fusion VCF, which is a band pass vs the v2 which is a LPF.
ok cool, i figured there was a reason that they were on double sale (added 10% for 'Merica day)... is the only thing that changed the lack of need for the 6v psu? or are there other features? i had asked girts on the 'gram about there being a second version he said it wasnt gonna happen. this was about a month and a half ago.

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 pm

neonmercury1 wrote:
ok cool, i figured there was a reason that they were on double sale (added 10% for 'Merica day)... is the only thing that changed the lack of need for the 6v psu? or are there other features? i had asked girts on the 'gram about there being a second version he said it wasnt gonna happen. this was about a month and a half ago.
Hey - as far as I can tell they are identical, just that one requires the 6v heater, and the other doesn't (but can still use it if you want). If you look at the faceplate they look identical, and from reviewing the manual I don't see any difference.

It's not like the new VCF or VCA which are different from the originals in other ways.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”