MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Twisted Electrons - deton8 - (sampler)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Twisted Electrons - deton8 - (sampler)
Kreis
Look, what I saw at noise.berlin

A twisted electrons sampler! It has a record and a playback option, can play samples from sd-card, has[/img] a step sequencer and lots of cool effects.
Should be there before christmas!

rhythmdial
holy cow of metal I like that
Kernelkunt
Cool! Sort of seems like what I wanted the volca sample to be!
Kernelkunt
Kreis
BTW, do you know if it'll be able to resample?
Paradigm X
awesome. really like the acid8. samplers (and small ones at that) with cool fx, as suggested by the panel, are very interesting to me

w00t
peachfuzzmcgee
I'd love more info on this one. I really want a portable sampler that can do some cool stuff
Kernelkunt
peachfuzzmcgee wrote:
I'd love more info on this one. I really want a portable sampler that can do some cool stuff

Yep, there really isnt much to choose from on the sampler front on the market. Im rather optimistic about this offering.
Kreis
Kernelkunt wrote:
Kreis
BTW, do you know if it'll be able to resample?

No, sorry... I also do not have any additional information about it. But I am sure, that they will tell something within the next weeks.
bimbom
i was expecting it to match the general layout of acid 8 , and the new case/knobs being used on the new twisted gear looks very sturdy / high quality.

theres a new therapsid coming according to the website too.
i'd expect it to also be around 300-400 euros like the acid8 , looks very interesting ...
Sir Ruff
This looks like it could be very cool. Like a WTPA with a filter maybe?
Kernelkunt
No news on this one yet?
induktor
Nearly three years later:

https://twisted-electrons.com/product/deton8/
PLNB
No user local load samples?? Seems like an odd feature to leave out. This may be too structured for general sampler usage if I'm reading the features right. waah
Sir Ruff
PLNB wrote:
No user local load samples?? Seems like an odd feature to leave out. This may be too structured for general sampler usage if I'm reading the features right. waah

Er, yeah, so it doesn't actually sample? This was the biggest downside to the Volca sampler, so not sure why they'd implement an even more restrictive sample kit option here. The creative beauty of sampling is pulling random samples from anywhere, not having all your things perfectly organized as kits on your computer. This is why the SP-12/1200 are so instantly creative. Oh well.
Panason
They got cool ideas but their boxes are all too gimped in some way. A lot of Shift button combos that are not really any better than the "menu BS" they are denouncing.
They probably just don't have the resources to make a machine with a display and a decent CPU and they present it as a design choice.

I was pretty interested in the Crazy8 sequencer and was prepared to put up with the lack of MIDI CC output until I realised it has no way to adjust the length of individual notes... and you can have chords but only with C as the root note ?? Did they run out of RAM? seriously, i just don't get it
Parhelic
http://cdm.link/2019/03/deton8-is-a-little-drum-machine-with-loads-of- soul/
darcmorcel
[/img]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1