MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Wogglebug: I kinda don't get the point....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Wogglebug: I kinda don't get the point....

KoryB

About to order some 300 modules and I'm leaning towards 2 x CVCOs and a Borg, to start. I've been researching the modules and I'm not sure that I grasp the purpose of the wogglebug or the usefulness of randomness in a synth, as I'm generally trying to get things to be as predictable as possible.. confused

Curiously, how are you using yours?

Clive

You can make a patch sound more lively by subtly altering a parameter. A random CV is useful because it is less noticeable that a cyclical wave from an LFO. It doesn't have to be all R2D2 bleeps.

MatttheKat

Randomness is the spice of life. thumbs up

I am not a keyboard player and I don't use a sequencer often either. Using random cv and chaotic functions with complex oscillators is my primary means of music composition. It can add rhythm and percussiveness as well as interesting pitch changes. I suppose if you were just trying to patch a simple sound to play with keys it wouldn't be very useful, but I wouldnt have a synth without it. Also it is kind of a staple in west coast synths like the source of uncertainty or variations of it. In my opinion you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't try it with your Wiard.

Mosiej

Quote:
Randomness is the spice of life. thumbs up

Well put

KoryB

Thanks. I guess I'm stil not operating from a more-modular mindset.

Sounds like I need to try it.

plord

KoryB wrote:
Thanks. I guess I'm stil not operating from a more-modular mindset.

Sounds like I need to try it.

Like any Wiard module, it is much deeper than it appears. Using one CV output to open a VCA that routes a separate CV output to modulate some audio path element; cross modulating the two sides to create a random clock; Feeding quantizers...I don't usually start a patch with the Wogglebug in mind, but it always ends up in there somewhere.

supersuper

Consider using it for small random fluctuations in variables; an added layer of texture.

wobble bug is not the only one great for this cwejman and others too.

Can wobble bug be used as a pseudo noise source? great for percussion and such.

Illwiggle

I also didnt see a need or "purpose" in my setup for the WB either, initially....but now, after having my setup (one of each 300 except Omni & WB) for the last year & a half, I am seeing how the WB can round things out, add some more subtlety, and additional variance (life!). Perspective changes! And thats a good thing.

plord

supersuper wrote:
Can wobble bug be used as a pseudo noise source? great for percussion and such.

Abso-damn-lutely.

Smooth and Woggle range to max; Woggle time at minimum. Cluster and Rate to taste (or clock it externally). The main output is now a hi-hat sound with random whalesong bursts. Send that through a HP filter to remove the sea-going mammals and you have your drum sound foundation.

Sinamsis

Random is key in any generative patch. Even if you think you want some more east coast type patching random helps give movement and everything to what your doing. From variations in filter cutoff, to creating melodies and everything in between. Random is a crucial part of any good rack IMO. Took a while to figure that out though.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1