MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

horizontalpitch.com new posts update
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author horizontalpitch.com new posts update
kurodama
We never really wrote anything here about the articles we post over at horizontalpitch.com, but maybe some people would like to be updated about those, so I'll post about them here in this thread.
I hope this is the good place to do this.

---

So… first update:
It's a great honour to present you this article about Robin Rimbaud aka Scanner. What started as another Chosen Wave article on his composition for orchestra and modular for the dance theatre piece Tomorrow turned into kind of an artist portrait thing. Well... hope you like it!

Scanning through the waves – Robin Rimbaud aka Scanner, an Artist's Portrait
metalbox
great thanks will read.. Robin's Studio looks amazing!
kurodama
Yes... I'd love to have a studio like this under the roof. I guess I have something for rooftop spaces in general smile
kurodama
There was quite a bit of discussion some time ago about Richard Devine's sentence "it sounds very modular" in Behringer's DeepMind first teaser video. I found it kind of funny myself that somebody would say something like this about a keyboard synth, but then it made me think quite a bit about the whole matter (so I have to thank Richard for it!). Do modulars have a "sound"? And if so… what's it like? I talked to many people about this, and the results of it is this article which you can read on Horizontalpitch here: http://www.horizontalpitch.com/2016/09/the-modular-sound/
giftculture
kurodama wrote:
There was quite a bit of discussion some time ago about Richard Devine's sentence "it sounds very modular" in Behringer's DeepMind first teaser video. I found it kind of funny myself that somebody would say something like this about a keyboard synth, but then it made me think quite a bit about the whole matter (so I have to thank Richard for it!). Do modulars have a "sound"? And if so… what's it like? I talked to many people about this, and the results of it is this article which you can read on Horizontalpitch here: http://www.horizontalpitch.com/2016/09/the-modular-sound/

This was a great article! I very much enjoyed reading it and look forward to more!
MrNezumi
SlayerBadger! Wow! Nice blog, I'm glad you gave it a little push here or I would have never seen it.
kurodama
Thanks a lot!

@MrNezumi: yes, I know... things tend to get lost in the web. I also don't want to be spammy about it, so having a dedicated thread seems like a sensible option to give people a subtle heads up about it. Glad you like it!
deStrict
Great article mate!
And.... what a studio ! I look forward for more.
Richie Witch
Was just going to post a link to this article when I discovered this thread was already here. An excellent read. I would have to agree that modulars do not have a "sound" unless that sound happens to be something that could not be created any other way. applause
sukyaneer
Thanks for the kind words guys.
It's a pleasure to get a 'studio tan' from the sunshine coming through the windows. Unusual to have daylight in such a creative space as I spent too long in dark basements before this :-)

Towards the light and illumination...

It's peanut butter jelly time!
kurodama
We do all hate you a bit for it, do you know?
It's the hate of deep envy! hihi

Well... I think I'll just crawl back into my dark and dusty basement then...
kurodama
It's been quite a while since the last update. Things have been quite busy on our side. But the good news is: we're finally back!
The first post of the new Horizontalpitch is an interview with Ann Annie about the first Modular Field Trip video.

http://www.horizontalpitch.com/2018/01/chosen-waves-013-ann-annie-modu lar-field-trip-ep-1-tidal-ambience-with-mutable-instruments-rings-moog -mother-32/

A second article where I talk to R Beny about some of his latest tracks will follow soon!
cptnal
I did not know about this. Thanks for sharing. thumbs up
kurodama
You're welcome! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1