MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC 709M - EHX MEL9 VC TAPE REPLAY MACHINE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author ADDAC 709M - EHX MEL9 VC TAPE REPLAY MACHINE
mafouka

ooo dang. . . gotta save up for this one! this baby's gonna add a whole lotta butter to the bready world of eurorack The Agonizer!
Hththt
Holy cow. Just sold my mel9 pedal and lookimg for a poly wav player.
Robertsonics Wav trigger seems very cool.

But now this.....

Edit.... Ah i see just as the pedal it accepts line level and does its thing poly.

Yeah

Now plese addac make this not twice the price of the mel9
maltemark
Wow, want.
Riggar
what can we cv on this one!
Summa
Riggar wrote:
what can we cv on this one!

You can CV the following:

Dry/Wet
Effect
Mix
Attack
Decay
Presets

so basically all the knobs are there.. same goes for all the EHX modules!
Paranormal Patroler
Where's the image ? hyper
loachhat
On their instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJAXupiDfWc/?taken-by=addacsystem
Paranormal Patroler
That looks absolutely love I didn't imagine ADDAC would look so nice in white!
Crowyote
I just got the C9 module and it kills! It has excellent tracking on guitar . . . tho maybe just a tad more lag than the EHX HOG2 (very slight and certainly setting dependent)

I'm very much looking forward to this one too!
goldi
Did this ever get produced? Not the C9 but the 709M tape machine.
mafouka
You bet yr sweet biscuits, this cat has been out the bag a minute.. . It's everything you could have ever maybe wanted ,with a few nice quirks on the side
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah, I've been daydreaming of having all the ADDAC 709 series love I've made a 6U which only has uBraids modules and four of these puppies.

Couldn't help myself, I just added it on Modular Grid. hihi
ADDAC System
The module is available directly via our own webshop. There are no plans for distribution, as of yet, but you can always have a custom made order directly from us!
Daisuk
Any demos of this around? I'm thinking of getting one. Mr. Green Dudes with guitars on Youtube can't demo for shit. Sounds a lot like a mellotron though, no?
Paranormal Patroler
I want to get one for its brass/saxophone sounds! I imagine how interesting it will be with complex oscillators like Braids on its inputs Homer Simpson

Check the kinds of things its supposed be doing: brass, cello, flute ... man, I want three of these!
Crowyote
I have one on the way. Eager to try it, since I parted ways with the incredible Organ machine variant.
Daisuk
Crowyote wrote:
I have one on the way. Eager to try it, since I parted ways with the incredible Organ machine variant.

Cool! Would appreciate a few demos if you wouldn't mind. I've pretty much decided to order myself once finances allow. smile
Daisuk
Ordered the Mel9 a couple of days ago and was told it would take 4-6 weeks to manufacture, but then got a mail today saying it has shipped, because the manufacturing taking a lot less time now. Sweetness! applause w00t screaming goo yo
ersatzplanet
I have one in the works too. Can't wait to play with it. It should really fatten up some things I do. Can't wait to try some drone zone stuff and some cello bass lines.

Daisuk wrote:
Ordered the Mel9 a couple of days ago and was told it would take 4-6 weeks to manufacture, but then got a mail today saying it has shipped, because the manufacturing taking a lot less time now. Sweetness! applause w00t screaming goo yo

It takes a while because I have heard they actually have to buy the pedals and take them apart. I have also heard that they are working on a direct OEM relationship with EHX but for now they are dependent on the supply of pedals they can get. Hopefully that is correct cause this and other 9-series modules would be a very cool thing for both EHX and ADDAC.
Daisuk
Quote:
It takes a while because I have heard they actually have to buy the pedals and take them apart. I have also heard that they are working on a direct OEM relationship with EHX but for now they are dependent on the supply of pedals they can get. Hopefully that is correct cause this and other 9-series modules would be a very cool thing for both EHX and ADDAC.

Ah, really? Haha, that's cool, thanks for the info. smile Really looking forward to hearing how this thing fares with synth sounds.
Paranormal Patroler
ersatzplanet wrote:
Daisuk wrote:

It takes a while because I have heard they actually have to buy the pedals and take them apart.

I think something changed and that's why they're faster now. Not sure though. hmmm..... I wanna try this module with some modes in Braids ... not sure how the tracking will be, but mixing the sounds of Braids and the Mel9 should be interesting.
ersatzplanet
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

I wanna try this module with some modes in Braids ... not sure how the tracking will be, but mixing the sounds of Braids and the Mel9 should be interesting.

Tracking is the big plus with these modules. Though I'm not privy to the schematics, I believe the tech is all about using the original input sound and re-formating it to make the sounds, a re-synthisis process and not a pitch tracking driving oscillators thing. There are some limitations (no lower than a lo "a" for example) but they seem to have no problem following a fast guitar run.

We will se because for me it will be forced to try and track all kinds of stuff that won't be tied to western scaling or anything.

I will try and get my video chops up when it arrives.
Paranormal Patroler
ersatzplanet wrote:

I wanna try this module with some modes in Braids ... not sure how the tracking will be, but mixing the sounds of Braids and the Mel9 should be interesting.

Tracking is the big plus with these modules. Though I'm not privy to the schematics, I believe the tech is all about using the original input sound and re-formating it to make the sounds, a re-synthisis process and not a pitch tracking driving oscillators thing. There are some limitations (no lower than a lo "a" for example) but they seem to have no problem following a fast guitar run.

Are you sure? Cause I seem to recall reading discussions about the tracking of the EHX pedals. hmmm..... Anyway, looking forward to your observations.
ersatzplanet

Are you sure? Cause I seem to recall reading discussions about the tracking of the EHX pedals. hmmm..... Anyway, looking forward to your observations.

From the Sound on Sound article of the Organ versions of the 9-series pedal (bold added by me) -
"Let’s look at the technology first. This isn’t a pitch-tracking, sample–firing guitar synth, with all the attendant headaches of such devices. And, as I say, it doesn’t need a hex pickup. In fact, it’s based on the same type of pitch-shifting and wave-shaping technology used in Electro-Harmonix’s HOG pedal, but finessed to the point that it’s able to produce extremely credible organ tones.

I suspect some form of polyphonic pitch–tracking is used to control the filters that shape the sound, but the sound itself comes from processing the sound produced by the guitar string. The range doesn’t extend beyond the 23rd fret of the top E-string, but there are none of the familiar ‘guitar synth’ tracking issues to worry about, such as delay or wrong pitches being produced. That said, the filters can be coaxed into the occasional tonal warble with some chords, particularly major sevenths, with two notes in the chord being just a semitone apart. If the organ is layered with the guitar this is usually quite unnoticeable, but it’s something to be aware of when playing more exposed parts."

We will se how it works with a synth waveform. I'm hoping it works well for what I will be doing, which is more of a textural thing. And cello bass lines!
Paranormal Patroler
ersatzplanet wrote:
We will se how it works with a synth waveform. I'm hoping it works well for what I will be doing, which is more of a textural thing. And cello bass lines!

Cello bass lines and sax lead lines is what I have in mind as well. Thanks for clearing it up for me, I was obviously mistaken. Maybe I'm confusing it with the Pitchfork pedal, although I'm sure that works the same way as you described above. Anyway, once again, looking forward to your post.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2