MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Attn anyone who is getting "invalid session" errors - please log out, clear your browser cache and then log in again. If the errors persist for you please make a post in the applicable thread in the "Forum Dicussion & Requests" subforum. Thanks. STILL working on the logged out and session timeout issue - have a couple new strategies I'll be trying over the weekend. We will get this fixed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the hassle.

Mister Grassi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Mister Grassi

COMZ

Looks like Peter has a new IFM touch module, Mister Grassi. Looking forward to this one...

"Grassi, a touch-module, contains twelve square waves, used as the clock and data for shift registers, each followed by primitive resistor DAC. The DACs modulate clock and counter-clock wise, yielding closed loops of perpetual modulation, triggered by touch. Each of the six outputs are a single, four-bit DAC. Listening to them raw, they generate modem sounds to pure noise on touch. On release of touch, each DAC holds the contingent position of its DATA. Thus the DATA can be used as CV for up to six other operators, scrambled on touch. Touch->Scramble->Listen; Untouch->Hold->Feed

Grassi features a triangular hexagon, used for square-wave outputs (outer rim) and DAC triggers (inner core). Thus, a triggering touch should connect an outer station to an inner station, to begin the rungling process."

Manual http://synthmall.com/ifm/ifmGRASSI.pdf

ClausF

Good to know...

rodrigo

Oh man. Old Mr. Grassi is one of my fav instruments of all time, so this jumps right up to the top of the list of shit to buy!

I really really like that Mocante + Grassi case too.

wednesdayayay

i love static CV sources and CL gear
I may have to pick this up to use with CL stuff rather than IFM

fluxmonkey

will jump on th grassi module as soon as its available!

yghartsyrt

woooooo applause applause applause w00t

pugix

Also interested in this. cool

Paranormal Patroler

From what I gather this module acts like a T&H on random voltages being output while you keep your finger on the panel. There seems to be a trigger side of things (outer rim) and a voltage side of things (inner triangle) for all six outputs. Any insight ?!

I'm curious what the voltage range is and what the waveforms are. There are examples on the manual but I'm not sure whether it's a constantly fluctuating signal or something that starts only when you press it.

I also wonder how well this will work with other Eurorack modules.

dorkmorph

agreed, grassi looking v cool.

Hilarious though somehow to see paper circuit now in euro.

If it rungles like the benjolin then it will hold the cv of each output indefinitely until touched agian. I suspect those cv states could get pretty complex depending on the complexity of the touch modulation that happens. So maybe anything from lfo like sweeps to erratic s&h patterns?

touchable chaotic pattern generator

I'm sure that it won't work well with euro but will be a great way to scramble a well working rack lol
very frustrating applause cool

windspirit

Seems more like a bunch of square wave oscillators being stuffed into a couple of bit DACs, so you will only get stepped voltages even though itbwill probably sound somewhatvlike tones like thevold mr grassi when you touch it "the right way".

wednesdayayay

this is actually a bit more in line with what I was thinking and hoping @windspirit

ym2612

For some reason I never realized that the paper circuit version had rungling behavior. But of course, looking at it now, it has three CD4015 shift register ICs.

Anybody here ever build the paper circuit?

pugix

I see that the IGM Keyboard with Mister Grassi is now available at synthmall and also control.

http://www.ctrl-mod.com/products/igm-keyboard-with-mister-grassi

But I want just a stand-alone Mr. Grassi module. very frustrating

I have a Mocante in the wood case, but I want to move it into a Eurorack case, so I can add Mr. Grassi and some support modules.

Summa

Yep, it's totally weird you can't order Grassi separately seriously, i just don't get it

Paranormal Patroler

Summa wrote:
Yep, it's totally weird you can't order Grassi separately seriously, i just don't get it

I didn't know you were into CL stuff. hihi I'd love to see you get your hands on one and give us some feedback SlayerBadger!

Summa

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Summa wrote:

I didn't know you were into CL stuff. hihi I'd love to see you get your hands on one and give us some feedback SlayerBadger!

smile I am, have had both a coco and plumbutter in the past, saving up for a full Ieaskul setup and would love to have mr grassi play with them hyper

Summa

short update from Peter B "Hi andreas, thanks for the interest. yes indeed soon i will have it but not quite yet!>>>> hang on! -peter"

applause hyper w00t

Paranormal Patroler

Summa wrote:
short update from Peter B "Hi andreas, thanks for the interest. yes indeed soon i will have it but not quite yet!>>>> hang on! -peter"

applause hyper w00t

Andreas, can you please explain why rangling makes people so excited ? I'm totally hmmm..... by this one but I still think Mr. Grassi looks very nice so I'm very much interested to see if it's worth adding on my controller rack space.

Summa

Summa wrote:

applause hyper w00t

Andreas, can you please explain why rangling makes people so excited ? I'm totally hmmm..... by this one but I still think Mr. Grassi looks very nice so I'm very much interested to see if it's worth adding on my controller rack space.

Well Konstantine wink Have you ever tried a Benjolin? I'm not sure how the shift registering actually works inside that one, but it's one oscillator that "clocks" the other and feeds it back again. It's another controllable "random", there's really nothing else that resembles it, I tend to use the Rungle out of my Benjolin for other duties but if Mr Grassi adds hand-on control and manipulation to that it can only be good.

Paranormal Patroler

Summa wrote:
Summa wrote:

applause hyper w00t

Well Konstantine wink Have you ever tried a Benjolin? I'm not sure how the shift registering actually works inside that one, but it's one oscillator that "clocks" the other and feeds it back again. It's another controllable "random", there's really nothing else that resembles it, I tend to use the Rungle out of my Benjolin for other duties but if Mr Grassi adds hand-on control and manipulation to that it can only be good.

I googled up Rungling and came to the Benjolin but the examples are scarce, or meh. If you do get the Grassi please make a video. A "special" kind of random that gets people excited, even more so if it's a playable one, is nothing something I'm usually interested in but here we are. hihi

thresholdpeople

I googled up Rungling and came to the Benjolin but the examples are scarce, or meh. If you do get the Grassi please make a video. A "special" kind of random that gets people excited, even more so if it's a playable one, is nothing something I'm usually interested in but here we are. hihi

I don't know if they ever got posted to Muff's, but Pjay, who is a wiggler on this forum, had some really, really lovely Benjolin based tracks that he shared on facebook. I guess it was last fall/summer at this point... wow time goes quickly. I believe they were facebook video uploads, so it's sort of an unsearchable hole and for all intents gone now, unless he has them somewhere...

Dirty_Bill

I'm Curious - as anyone contacted Peter about a standalone Grassi? He's usually pretty amiable to splitting things up.

Summa

Dirty_Bill wrote:
I'm Curious - as anyone contacted Peter about a standalone Grassi? He's usually pretty amiable to splitting things up.

^^^5 posts above

Dirty_Bill

Summa wrote:
Dirty_Bill wrote:

^^^5 posts above

Oops, yes, it wasn't clear to me if this was a request for a stand alone or general availability of the keyboard unit as a whole!

ignacio

Really giving Ciat's stuff a hard look. I am scared to go down a rathole, just like with anything euro. Nice thing is that these are standalone instruments.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3