Methods for Mirroring video

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent, daverj

f4c3v4lu3
Learning to Wiggle

Methods for Mirroring video

Post by f4c3v4lu3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:01 pm

Is everyone using the V4 for this? Any other mixers that have this capability? I'm trying to keep everything hardware based at this point.

Ginko
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Ginko » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:21 pm

V4 is the best hardware device for video mirroring that I know - it actually has quite a few mirroring modes you can select from and you can get into some weird places by setting a different mirror mode on the two channels and fading between them.

We have a DV camera we use for video feedback that has a couple of effects including a basic vertical mirror - it's pretty useful

I think the Entrancer has some mirror effects as well, but they are no where near as easy to obtain as a V4

f4c3v4lu3
Learning to Wiggle

Post by f4c3v4lu3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Yea....I've certainly pined after the few Entrancers that are listed FS - but hold off due to the cost.

I hadn't even thought to check built-in camera fx! I have a pile of DV and HDV cams that I use for live video mixing - will need to do some menu digging...

Ginko
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Ginko » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:15 am

I'll dig out the model number of our one at some point, everything is a bit buried as I am trying to finish 3 non video projects :deadbanana:

f4c3v4lu3
Learning to Wiggle

Post by f4c3v4lu3 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:44 am

Haha, no problem I certainly know how that goes...my 3trins has been buried on the bench for quite some time. Set the deadline to finish it before the end of August though! Hence the thoughts at how I want to re-organize my video mixing case and potentially swap some mixers

Return to “Video Synthesis”