MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DNGR:TECH 12UFO Eurorack Portable Case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author DNGR:TECH 12UFO Eurorack Portable Case
funkyjunky
Hello everyone!

I am honored to proudly announce our brand - "Dangerous Technologies" or DNGR:TECH and our first product - Eurorack 12U Portable Case named "12UFO":

I've been designing the case since September'15 in professional CAD software and put all my engineer knowledge altogether to make it sturdy and reliable. I've programmed different simulation scenarios in CAD software to make the design scientifically precise. For example, handle placement on the top of the case or stand placement and material thickness used for stand manufacture - CAD simulation analysis has been used for calculation and decision making:

Handle material deformation simulation study

Old stand version simulation study

Handle placement simulation study

Regarding the case hardware - I spent decent time sourcing components all over the globe and hope you'll like my taste.

Small-batch test scale production of our portable 12U cases has been already finished. All cases have found their owners, positive feedback has been received as well.

DNGR:TECH eurorack cases are carefully assembled by hand from the highest quality of materials, and are symbolized by minimalist aesthetics to bringing focus solely on sound design – hidden screws and simple straight lines combined with the raw natural wood are the key elements in the design. Also, it is worth mentioning that DNGR:TECH cases are not just great looking – they combine high level of exterior protection as well, though you shouldn't throw it or perform fall tests smile Soft case protection is currently in development.

DNGR:TECH cases are Zen Philosophy inspired, hand built and are brought to this world for your happiness and joy.

Case Specification

104hp x 4 rows (12U).

- Length: 570 mm (22.44 in)
- Width: 315 mm (12.40 in)
- Height: 235 mm (9.25 in)
SUM dimensions = 1120 mm (44.09 in)

LED strip installed in lid - great for dark places and clubs - no need in external lamp.

Allowable module depth:
1) Base: <59.5 mm (2.34 in) on rows without the power distribution board behind.
2) Lid: <77.6 mm (3.06 in) on rows without the power distribution board behind.

Busboard consumes 10-15 mm depending on the model. Makenoise PowerBus consumes about 13 mm of allowable module depth.

Weight without modules: 7-7.5 kg (depending on wood).

Case can save a patch while closed.

Clearance above rails when case is closed (for saving a patch inside): 83 mm (3.27 in).

Detachable steel stand that allows two opened lid positions: 100° and 120°.

Meets most Airplane carry on requirements but should be double checked before boarding.

Rails with Sliding Nuts. 30 M3 nuts per rail are included. 240 M3x6 (standard) screws may be included on demand as well.

Removable lid - case can be split in two independent cases.

Spring washers prevents loosening and provide reliable connections of all external hardware such as handles, feets and toggle latches.

Metal threaded inserts ensures a strong, resistant and reliable thread in wood allowing multiple case maintenance procedures and wood side panels replacement.

Power Options

Currently we are using this high voltage power supply solution:
03.01.2017 UPDATE: This PSU is end-of-sale!

It accepts 110-220v and regulates it to +12v 1.4A, -12v 1.4A and +5v. Basically it is a doepfer PSU3 clone with integrated noise filtering busboard. Our psu is using the same voltage regulators as in new Doepfer PSU-3 - a pair of Meanwell IRM-20-15.

The major issue with this power supply - we cannot ship cases with this power supply installed since according to USA/EU local legislation high voltage power supply sources must be imported with a certificate of compliance of different regulations. We sent one case to our friend in Italy and it was rather terrifying waiting for the successful shipment since we didn't know whether EU customs will open the box and examine the details of the package or not.

This is why we are currently designing our brand new low-voltage power supply which will be powered by a simple wall-wart all over the globe, like make noise power board. We plan to finish it in one month. I will post update when it will be ready and tested for a large scale production.

Also there is power supply available from our friends and partners - www.motovilo.com:

It costs $135 for power supply board + two noise filtering bosboards. So for 12UFO case two of these are needed.
A pair of external power bricks for this type of power solution is required to be purchased by a customer separately (DC 60W 15V), so please take this into account. Any wall wart notebook type power supply with the same specification (60W, 15V) will fit fine. We recommend this power brick: Mean Well GS60A15-P1J. But any good brand standard DC 15V 60W (center positive 2.1*5.5 mm plug type) will fit. I will provide support on picking correct power bricks in customer's origin country on customer's request if needed.
Motovilo power solution specification is as follows: +12v @ 2A, -12v @ 1A, Onboard VGreg provides +5v from +12v bus. So for a 12UFO case it would be +12v @ 4A, -12v @ 2A.
The power has already been tested and gained positive feedback from musicians and producers.
This power solution is available right now.

Price

$600 UNPOWERED.
Price for the powered version will be announced later. We are aiming at $800.

December'16 UPDATE: due to high demand the price tag is now $700 for unpowered cases. All paid orders will be completed without a price increase. All the new orders are subject to the new price tag.

Powered cases are now $970. Power solution is made by www.motovilo.com

12UFO User Guide - https://www.dngr.tech/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/12ufo-user-guide-v1.2 .pdf

Social Support and Contacts

If you like our case please follow us in the social networks - like and subscribe to our facebook page www.facebook.com/dngr.tech to be informed what's going on with the development, new case models and other information.
For any other information please fill free to write facebook private message on our page or send us email to info@dngr.tech.
Our website is accessible via this link - http://dngr.tech.
Instagram: www.instagram.com/dngr.tech/

Thank you for your attention, please fill free to ask any questions and/or provide your feedback.
whodunnit
Ffs, I just bought a Masonmack 6U126HP.

This is sexy
phosfiend
Is there a new batch ready to go? Looking great! Are there two kickstand styles, as there seem to be two different upright angles.
exper
My goodness that's cheap!
funkyjunky
phosfiend wrote:
Is there a new batch ready to go? Looking great!

Yes, I am updating the technical design a bit according to received feedback from my clients and making small improvements with materials and hardware in order to reduce some weight. Visually the changes will not be noticeable but those improvements are important for me since I pay a lot of attention even to small details. New updated improved batch will be out in 2-3 weeks or so.

phosfiend wrote:
Are there two kickstand styles, as there seem to be two different upright angles.

You are absolutely right - there are two positions you can fix the lid of the case - 100° and 120° relative to the table. I spent a lot of time finding correct, user friendly and compat multi poisiton stand technical design and proud of what we have to offer now.

120° position:

100° position:

mdoudoroff
Nice design. Eye-poppingly good price, if you can hit it.

Does the LED strip have a dimmer?
funkyjunky
mdoudoroff wrote:
Nice design. Eye-poppingly good price, if you can hit it.

The price already been hit smile
We sold a few cases from the starting batch for this price (plus $200 for two power bus boards) and people were happy smile

mdoudoroff wrote:
Does the LED strip have a dimmer?

I tested a few simple led dimmers on my breadboard and already designed PCB in Eagle CAD for the chosen design. Currently I am deciding the place for the pcb and dimmer potentiometer. Can't promise led dimmer will be available on the next batch but we plan to add it sooner or later, work in progress.
WIZARDISHUNGRY
This is hitting all my requirements. I wish I was in the market for a case now. The only (minor) criticism that I have is that I hate having the mains power connectors in the rails area. I understand why you did this, but I want my precious hp!
metalbox
she's a beauty
funkyjunky
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:
This is hitting all my requirements. I wish I was in the market for a case now. The only (minor) criticism that I have is that I hate having the mains power connectors in the rails area. I understand why you did this, but I want my precious hp!

You're right, criticism totally accepted. Initially I was trying to make the side panels as clean as possible, as you may see I achieved this - no any screws or connectors. But people hate loosing their HP so with the new power I am going to remove the front panel and place DC connector, LED dimmer controls and power switches to the side panels like monorocket case. Hope this will not disturb the minimalism aesthetics.
WIZARDISHUNGRY
BLESS YOU.
resonaut
This is awesome, 99% my next case
hawkfuzz
Great price...this is really great looking
Jalopy
Looking great - will be in the market in the near future and this is certainly shortlisted...
tthogs
I am in the market for a new case. This is perfect. Fantastic design and very reasonable price. Following on socials. Thank you. nanners
ben_hex
Very nice! Liking the look of that a lot. w00t
JohnLRice
Looks sharp!
BlueWolfSe7en
That's really nice man, distinctive aesthetic, quality build, attention to detail, led strip thumbs up
funkyjunky
metalbox, resonaut, hawkfuzz, Jalopy, tthogs, ben_hex, JohnLRice and BlueWolfSe7en

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback, I really appreciate it!
mt3
Hand made, at that price?
Expect to be avalanched...
paults
Shipped from where?
funkyjunky
paults wrote:
Shipped from where?

Hi! Thank you for your interest. Shipping is from Moscow, Russia. Local low labor costs allows us to keep the price so tasty for fellow wigglers smile
Shipping is $60 worldwide, payment via paypal with full buyer's protection.
hez
These look beautiful, and the price point is even better.

How plausible would a 14u version be with an extra 1u row on both sides? I was getting rather excited by the Birdkids Control Bus and looking for cases with 1u rows... if I could somehow get that in one of these that would be about as a perfect as a case could get!
Phoenix
cool flight case!
funkyjunky
hez wrote:
These look beautiful, and the price point is even better.

How plausible would a 14u version be with an extra 1u row on both sides? I was getting rather excited by the Birdkids Control Bus and looking for cases with 1u rows... if I could somehow get that in one of these that would be about as a perfect as a case could get!

Thank you for the kind words, the price is really what makes the case affordable.
I am not planning to launch a 7U version in near future. I am going to focus solely on manufacturing next batch of cases and current 12U model improvements. There are plans for 6U model and maybe 3U model with the same sturdy and practical design and affordable price.
pieter
Dayum, that's a fine case!

Just checking: the case closes with the patch cables in?
funkyjunky
pieter wrote:
Dayum, that's a fine case!

Just checking: the case closes with the patch cables in?

You're absolutely right, the case closes with the patch cables inside. Take your patch with you wherever you go Rockin' Banana!
funkyjunky
UPDATE:

1) We have finalized the LED light dimmer design, it will be presented on a separate PCB with separate voltage regulator so no current will be drawn from the main power bus board as well as no any interference occur between the modules and LED light. No additional wall warts will be required as well - the power for LED will be routed from the main DC power jack via a pair of Y-cables. The LED dimmer design has been already tested, we expect the manufacturing will be completed by the November.

2) All the cases will include a small soft bag for the stand with two internal pockets to avoid scratches:

3) Our web-site is now operational - http://dngr.tech

Cheers!
windspirit
That is a lovely looking case. Will they be retailing in the US at all?
funkyjunky
windspirit wrote:

Yes, they will!
omiindustriies
good looking case for a good looking price
ambrohski
applause great work on the well thought out design, love the light too. I was wondering about what to do with the stand pieces, then saw the nice solution as I read the next page. thumbs up

I agree with not using HP for power, but everything else looks spot on.

a LOT of bang for the Never maintain cash savings again
hawkfuzz
How are the metal wedges attaching? Do we have to bring a screw driver out with us?
funkyjunky
hawkfuzz wrote:
How are the metal wedges attaching? Do we have to bring a screw driver out with us?

Please have a look at the user guide attached. Basically you can screw it by hand. Thumb screws are included.
Also there is a non-official-yet video showing the stand mounting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4aha9xCEBk
miles_macquarrie
funkyjunky wrote:
windspirit wrote:

Yes, they will!

When and where do you expect powered cases to be retailing in the US?

This is beautiful and I'm in the market for a new case very soon. Excellent work on executing this at that price.
funkyjunky
miles_macquarrie wrote:
funkyjunky wrote:
windspirit wrote:

Yes, they will!

When and where do you expect powered cases to be retailing in the US?

This is beautiful and I'm in the market for a new case very soon. Excellent work on executing this at that price.

This is going to happen as soon as I will assemble the next batch of cases and ship them to all who preordered them. This is going to happen in November.
hawkfuzz
Thanks for the info. Didn't know batches have been going out. I'll start saving.
talfred
This case looks really nice, and has good price too! The price itself has made me want to buy this one instead of making a DIY case.

I have a question; is it possible to mount a doepfer PSU (the new version) in it?
And how does power travel between the base and the lid?

Personally, I'd prefer to have the power outlet on the left side. But at least it's not on the back as on the Doepfer low cost cases.
Herr Rausch
just posting here to stay informed.. the case looks amazing!
batch
Beautiful case
franman69
I'm in ... subscribing..
funkyjunky
talfred wrote:

I have a question; is it possible to mount a doepfer PSU (the new version) in it?
And how does power travel between the base and the lid?

Currently, I am not planning to build custom cases with custom power solutions.
The power doesn't travel between the base and the lid. Each part has it's own power supply and separate power supply brick. This is the most common solution on the market.
funkyjunky
Update:

We add a LED strip light dimmer to the case which will be hidden inside it (no loss in max. module depth). This component will be presented on a separate PCB with separate voltage regulator so no current will be drawn from the main modular power supply as well as no any interference occur between the modules and LED light strip. No additional wall warts will be required as well - the power for LED will be routed from the main DC power jack via a pair of Y-cables (accepts 15-20v) . It will be possible to control the LED strip light level with a potentiometer. Light can be completely turned off.

Here is a small preview of the LED strip light dimmer in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-MCW88clBo - nevermind the tall caps (waiting for correct SMT caps in my mailbox) and two non-functional LEDs in the strip (led factory manufacturing defect).
funkyjunky
12UFO max. module depth with www.motovilo.com power solution installed:

Looks like a good starting point for a new modulargrid theme smile
hawkfuzz
You can connect lid and base with one switch?
funkyjunky
hawkfuzz wrote:
You can connect lid and base with one switch?

This is not possible since basically this is two separate cases with detachable hinges which can be used separately thus giving a flexibility. I don't see any good reasons to make one switch for two different halves of the cases. If you observe some good points to implement this please let me know so that I can consider and think off about implementing them in the future updates. Thanks.
funkyjunky
LED dimmer in action:

distco
Finally received the DNGR:TECH UFO-12 104hp 12U case.

It was worth the wait! It is very well-built and solid, with really nice wood ends, an embossed logo, a dimmable LED light strip panel/power supply on the top lid, an adjustable angle lid stand (lids separate at the hinge too) and keyed bus boards. There are rubber feet on the back, front and bottom surface away from the handle, so you can set it down safely without scratching the surface.

I dropped in a bunch of modules including Erica Synth Wavetable and Fusion VCO's as well as Mutable Instruments modules with custom black Magpie panels. It looks great and the lid stand creates a perfect angle for the top lid modules. There's considerably more depth on the top lid than the bottom.

Ilya Meylikhov has been very straight with me from the beginning, and let me know details about the manufacturing process up until the shipment finally made it here. He seems like a trustworthy fellow, and if you have the patience to order this case, you will be a happy camper once it arrives.

Here are a bunch of photos I took of the case, with a couple shots of modules in the case.

hawkfuzz
Looks great and I really like that system.
dubnspace
really great looking, how do you find the power solution they're using? I'm on the brink of ordering one myself (thanks to your post on FB).
distco
dubnspace wrote:
really great looking, how do you find the power solution they're using? I'm on the brink of ordering one myself (thanks to your post on FB).

Hi Dubnspace, here is a link to the bus boards by Motivilo:
Motivilo MPB-12 Bus Boards

And this is a link to the 2x 90w Meanwell power supplies that I ordered from Mouser using Ilya's tech specs. You need to order the 2.5mm barrel. They each run about $30.
Mouser Part# 709-GSM90A-15 Meanwell Part# GSM90A-15-P1M
AC Adapters 90W 15V 80-264Vac Class I 2xMOPP
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?r=709-GSM90A-15
funkyjunky
distco wrote:
Finally received the DNGR:TECH UFO-12 104hp 12U case.

It was worth the wait! It is very well-built and solid, with really nice wood ends, an embossed logo, a dimmable LED light strip panel/power supply on the top lid, an adjustable angle lid stand (lids separate at the hinge too) and keyed bus boards. There are rubber feet on the back, front and bottom surface away from the handle, so you can set it down safely without scratching the surface.

I dropped in a bunch of modules including Erica Synth Wavetable and Fusion VCO's as well as Mutable Instruments modules with custom black Magpie panels. It looks great and the lid stand creates a perfect angle for the top lid modules. There's considerably more depth on the top lid than the bottom.

Ilya Meylikhov has been very straight with me from the beginning, and let me know details about the manufacturing process up until the shipment finally made it here. He seems like a trustworthy fellow, and if you have the patience to order this case, you will be a happy camper once it arrives.

Danny, thanks for the feedback! Happy rocking with the new case SlayerBadger!
Chartreuse-J
Nice case.

I have a question for you..

Can you sell just the PSU3 clone board? I saw no mention of it for sale on either sites. Seems to me that you can just sell it separately and let the consumer put the PSU3 clone in their new case at their discretion.

Thanks
funkyjunky
Chartreuse-J wrote:
Nice case.
I have a question for you..
Can you sell just the PSU3 clone board? I saw no mention of it for sale on either sites. Seems to me that you can just sell it separately and let the consumer put the PSU3 clone in their new case at their discretion.
Thanks

Thanks!
Unfortunately, the powered busboard is out of production since we don't have enough human resources to maintain different kinds of power supplies. Also, we decided to move to switched power supply since high voltage power supplies are prohibited for import in almost all coutries which is not a problem for 15V switched psu. If you want to buy http://www.motovilo.com switched psu and busboard you are welcome in the http://www.sssrlabs.com store.
TommyRaddcliff
wow these look amazing!
pointystumps
+1 on the kudos. Looks great – really.
funkyjunky
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
wow these look amazing!

pointystumps wrote:
+1 on the kudos. Looks great – really.

Thank you guys for the kind words!

Since we are constantly improving design and functionality, I am proud to announce that the new batch of cases come even with a smaller number of visible screws. In the upcoming revision power supplies and busboards will be mounted completely hidden. Now the cases will have a purely luxury feel:

kuxaan-sum
This case looks very promising.
I ordered two and had it in a ridiculously short time considering he built to order.

Got first one filled and hope to do some rearranging this weekend to get 2nd done.

Will be testing mobility/performance next month.

peripatitis
Looks very nice!
Did you go for the motovilo power and if so what are your impressions?
nickbaba
Quote:
people hate loosing their HP so with the new power I am going to remove the front panel and place DC connector, LED dimmer controls and power switches to the side panels like monorocket case. Hope this will not disturb the minimalism aesthetics.

Did this happen with the new cases? Or power is still rail mounted? (love the look of these cases btw)
funkyjunky
nickbaba wrote:
Quote:
people hate loosing their HP so with the new power I am going to remove the front panel and place DC connector, LED dimmer controls and power switches to the side panels like monorocket case. Hope this will not disturb the minimalism aesthetics.

Did this happen with the new cases? Or power is still rail mounted? (love the look of these cases btw)

Nope, for the current revision it didn't happen yet. There is no any other place for a potentiometer to control the led light. Will you sacrifice the dimmable led functionality (on/off switch instead) for the 4hp additional space on the rails? If the answer is "yes" I can make a custom case for you with the power dc jack and switch located on the back of the case. If you're intrested drop me a message on info@dngr.tech.

Cheers!
funkyjunky
Keeping you updated on the current development stage and now it's time for the next update applause

The current revision has the following improvements:
1) The stand is now 2x wider.
2) New thumb screws with a black plastic head are now used for stand mounting for better grip. It significantly improved the stand mounting procedure:

3) Modifications in the stand — now it is possible to mount the stand with the lid being flexible. Now you can close the lid after wiggling without unscrewing it from the stand. It gives a better protection from dust while your modular is not used:

Rockin' Banana!

ersatzplanet
funkyjunky wrote:
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

You're right, criticism totally accepted. Initially I was trying to make the side panels as clean as possible, as you may see I achieved this - no any screws or connectors. But people hate loosing their HP so with the new power I am going to remove the front panel and place DC connector, LED dimmer controls and power switches to the side panels like monorocket case. Hope this will not disturb the minimalism aesthetics.

The way to combat the "wasting HP space" complaint is to add something more to the panel than just the IEC connector port. I use front facing power panels on all four of my Doepfer P6 cases and would not have it any other way. If they are on the back or sides it takes away from the options of laying them flat or next to each other. What I did was add a TRS breakout and a USB 5V power outlet to mine. That way I can power and convert the signals from my QuNexus keyboards or iPads. Looks like this:

funkyjunky
ersatzplanet wrote:

The way to combat the "wasting HP space" complaint is to add something more to the panel than just the IEC connector port.

I am not using IEC connector for a while. On the 4HP panel I have led dimmer potentiometer. Planning to add USB connector.
kuxaan-sum
peripatitis wrote:
Looks very nice!

Yes, the power is great. plenty of power and no noise.

Wasn't sure how I felt about having the LED light but I use it quite a bit.
Handy for dark venues or helping to see in a dense patch.
The dimmer is really handy for getting the ambiance right for shows and blasting to full brightness for photos... hihi

Overall I am loving these cases.
Have done a few shows with each and have even used one half of a case to give a tutorial to someone because I was pressed for time to rearrange the case for handful of modules that were needed.

Will post some recent pics...
kuxaan-sum
http://www.westword.com/arts/building-behavior-brings-high-style-art-a nd-stories-to-doors-open-denver-9014319

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/04/21/doors-open-must-see/

https://www.meetup.com/Rocky-Mountain-Synth/events/237318799/

peripatitis
kuxaan-sum wrote:
peripatitis wrote:
Looks very nice!

The dimmer is really handy for getting the ambiance right for shows and blasting to full brightness for photos... hihi

Have done a few shows with each and have even used one half of a case to give a tutorial to someone because I was pressed for time to rearrange the case for handful of modules that were needed.

Will post some recent pics...

Thanks for the info @kuxaan-sum, good to know about the power.
Wiggling on the streets seems cool smile
funkyjunky
kuxaan-sum wrote:

Thank you for the photos and report on your hands-on experience with 12UFO! Glad you enjoyed the case applause
dash80
Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find a reliable, good looking and somewhat affordable 12U case.

But this one seems to be in the top running for me and seeing as I'm out of space, I have few options about what path to take. eek!

Thanks for the supporting photos and review @kuxaan-sum! I think that sold me.
ccastellanossf
This is a well-designed beautiful case. My one concern is with it's ruggedness and durability for traveling. Even though the materials and build quality look very good, I would still be concerned if I ever had to fly with it as checked luggage or god forbid it falls in the water or something. Although less sexy, something like tolex (Monorocket) or ballistic (Elite) coating or even a Pelican-like case (e.g. Synthrotek) really puts my mind at ease. While this would no doubt increase the price, I feel that some kind of case protection is a must-have.
dash80
Those concerns all sound worthy for sure.

I'm not as worried about traveling with it, because, well, I won't be traveling with it much. I just want something I can move around (still patched) without being a dedicated case in the corner of my living room.

Being able to take it places is only a + for me and I still haven't seen many dedicated non-mobile cases in 12U that tickle my fancy anyway.
ccastellanossf
So... any updates on this? When will it retail in the US?

Also, may I suggest a higher current psu option (e.g. 10A) so that it can handle the cold inrush current from tube modules (e.g.Metasonix).
funkyjunky
ccastellanossf wrote:
So... any updates on this? When will it retail in the US?

Also, may I suggest a higher current psu option (e.g. 10A) so that it can handle the cold inrush current from tube modules (e.g.Metasonix).

Unfortunately, I am as a founder of DNGR:TECH, changed my mind regarding running larger batches and selling cases via distributors. The main reason is that I am totally satisfied with the sales volume we had and the time spent assembling the cases. Our aim is to make a good quality hand-crafted product that is not massively available on the mass market, thus making the product rare and unique. Currently, our cases are being sold via our web-shop: https://dngr.tech though it is out of stock since we are closed till the end of the summer holidays.

No plans to add the 10A PSU option since it will require massive R&D. No time and resource currently available for this task. Maybe in the future.
Cheers!
papawasarodeo
A little review:

Added myself on the waiting list for a batch scheduled in november. There were some delays in the production but @funkyjunky was really communicative during the whole process. Got my case in december. Got help from @funkyjunky with choosing the right power bricks and other miscellaneous things. Overall the costumer service was top notch!

As for the case: It's great! Can't recommend it enough.

Great build quality! Nice materials. Sturdy.
Super nice looking. I mean WOW! The wood panels look great. And the finish of the case as a whole too.
Smart design! The detachable stand is great, easy to remove and put back again. Room for patched cables when taking it on the road... And the LED light is really not just a gimmick, it's a lifesaver!

Really think this could be the best portable eurorack case around!

PS: Couldn't post a pic, since this is my first post here.
md1frejo
it is possible to make your own 13u: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185283&highlight=

not the same quality admittedly but fully functional.
funkyjunky
papawasarodeo wrote:
A little review:

Thank you for the review, glad you liked the case applause
behndy
got mines in, Mssr. DNGR TECH was nice enough to do a custom color on the wood sides, could NOT be happier.

also, first quick patch with it setup......

funkyjunky
Nice setup Behndy! Love this all black row \ white row coloring of front panels as well smile Happy patching! Rockin' Banana!
behndy
thank you suh! it looks beautiful in your case.

and i LOVE the light.
widgetoz
ersatzplanet wrote:
funkyjunky wrote:
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

The way to combat the "wasting HP space" complaint is to add something more to the panel than just the IEC connector port. I use front facing power panels on all four of my Doepfer P6 cases and would not have it any other way. If they are on the back or sides it takes away from the options of laying them flat or next to each other. What I did was add a TRS breakout and a USB 5V power outlet to mine. That way I can power and convert the signals from my QuNexus keyboards or iPads. Looks like this:

adding an IEC port will require certification of the whole product. Wasn't that the reason for dropping the original power solution?
behndy
yeah. like, intellectually, it bothered me giving up 4 hp. but it's pretty damn useful to have the dimmer right there. i don't mind it at all.
glopgar
looks like my dream case.

I like the simplicity of not having to remove the ring pieces, like in other models. But the tradeoff is the high panel borders at the sides.

¿is this a real issue? is it a bit unconfortable to handle the knobs near the side panels?
sylvainmoreau
Hi,

most of the plane cabin size in europe are 56cm max.
what is the thikness of the wood on the sides ?

question : is it possible to have a version of this 12U with 1cm less ?!?
i can see the screws holding the wood parts.. maybe it's possible for me to DIY it for a thinner piece of wood to match 56cm ?
funkyjunky
sylvainmoreau wrote:
Hi,

most of the plane cabin size in europe are 56cm max.
what is the thikness of the wood on the sides ?

question : is it possible to have a version of this 12U with 1cm less ?!?
i can see the screws holding the wood parts.. maybe it's possible for me to DIY it for a thinner piece of wood to match 56cm ?

Hi
The thikness of the wood on the sides is 18 mm. Currently there are no plans to make a thinner version since there are threaded inserts which requires the sides to be not less than 18 mm.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 4